News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally off to the body shop

Started by HeavyFuel, June 10, 2006, 09:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

After years of waiting, she's finally off to the body shop.   :icon_smile_big:

Pretty good feeling.  Still not 100% comfortable on going with the original gold, it's not very attractive.

I'll post more pics as it progresses.

CB

you'll be proud if you get 'r back from the shop :)
Any other thoughts on the color?
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

grizzlygiff

Heavyfuel, is that Y4 light gold metallic? My car is the same color originally if it is. Someone put a shoddy repaint on it that looks more like bahama yellow or butterscotch. Underneath the trim looks like your cars color. I saw one at the Nats one year that had great paint and I thought the car was nice. I had doubts about the color too, but that car changed my mind. I too am hoping to finally get this car painted after 15 years of waiting and biding my time until I could get my higher priorities out of the way.

PocketThunder

Go with the original color.  You will be happy with it once its cut and buffed....

What other color are you contemplating?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Silver R/T

you can always sell it later on and buy a car with color combo you want
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Quote from: HeavyFuel on June 10, 2006, 09:24:31 AM
Still not 100% comfortable on going with the original gold.

Then don't. Why spend all the time and money it's going to take to restore your car only to wish you had something else once you're finished?

HeavyFuel

Quote from: grizzlygiff on June 10, 2006, 10:54:09 AM
Heavyfuel, is that Y4 light gold metallic? 

It is JJ1 Med Gold Poly.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 10, 2006, 11:13:04 AM
Go with the original color.  You will be happy with it once its cut and buffed....

What other color are you contemplating?

I like the MM1 Bronze poly, or the GG1 Racing Green poly.