News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Update to my HLPAG woes

Started by AirborneSilva, December 01, 2005, 05:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AirborneSilva

Thought I would give an update to what is going on.  Some of you may remember these threads;
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3584.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3692.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3834.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3768.0.html
We sent them a letter (certified), and cc'd the Illinois AG, as well as filled a complaint with the AG.  Our deadline has come and gone for HLPAG to respond, so we contacted the Illinois AG today, they have looked at our case and have decided that there is merrit to proceed with the complaint and have assisgned us a case number (which we will get in the mail), along with an investigator.  Since we made the wonderful folks an offer of either they take the charger back and I eat the cost of shipping to me and they eat the cost going back to them, or they can give me half my money back and we'll call it even, the AG said I am not to touch the car and to have patients, that this could take a few months to resolve.  I guess what it all boils down to is that the AG has found merrit and will hopefully get something done with the ass wipes, maybe it will put them on their radar and put a stop to their crap!

dodgecharger-fan

Let's hope so.

Best of luck in your case and thanks for taking these guys to task.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on December 01, 2005, 05:43:16 PM
Let's hope so.

Best of luck in your case and thanks for taking these guys to task.

Thank you for your response and kind words.  Let's hope the AG doesn't go soft on me!  I just couldn't see letting these guys get away with it, well not without a fight.  There are some that were trying to get me to get a class action lawsuit going, I even had one other person whom said she would get in on it, well that is all well and good but those usually take years and the lawyers are the only ones who get anything out of it.  If I can get something out of it, like half my money, I will let the other person know and she can take the same route that I am.  I will update the group as I know things...

golden73

good luck!

this will probably be in the court system for quite some time, I hope you are a patient man!

AirborneSilva

No I'm not, but right now I have more patients then money, so I have no choice  :(

MGBRingo

Good luck and many will benefit from this.  Especially future customers who will not get scammed.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: MGBRingo on December 01, 2005, 06:03:40 PM
Good luck and many will benefit from this.   Especially future customers who will not get scammed.

Boy I hope so, but I can't get too cocky, I haven't won anything yet...

Pistolpete

Good luck, I hope this is the drop in the bucket that causes the ripple effect !!!

Go get'em !! :yesnod:
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

greenpigs

Keep the site informed as much as possible, MANY here would love to see hplag get the screwing they deserve.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

BigBlackDodge

Good luck!

This thread needs to be at the top of the list permanently!.................maybe it will warn others before they get scammed too!

BBD

Old Moparz

Ladies & gentlemen, how about
we give a big round of applause
to Airborne Silva? Let's hope he
get's the dirty, rotten bastards!!

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Charger_Fan

Good luck Man, I hope things will go well for you. If so, the AG is gonna have to brace himself froma all the requests from other people who have been screwed by HLPAG.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

AKcharger

Yeeeeeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwww go get 'em and good luck

Hey, we should start a Political Action Fund to pay for attorneys for plantiffs

73dodge

You better watch what you post here about them, a good scummy attorney can log on here and see all your posts and try to use them against you. Besides I know the guys at hplag lurk here and at MOPARTS so you might want to double check what you post here. You don't want to tip your hand to them on how you plan on fighting these guys.

But I would think just doing a google search on hplag would pull up more negative stuff about them than positive. They are like a cancer on the internet

Good luck with your case.
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

sharpspike

kick there A$$ Airborne.

good luck to you.

did you contact ebay at all. i cant believe they let people like them hide there feedback score and make the list of bidders private for a auction. we cant even give the bidders a heads up in that case.

id get that lady hooked up with the AG now, they might get a little more aggresive with two cases.

Telvis

Charger Aficionado

Can you post/or PM a shipping address?   I would like to donate some minty Rockers to you from a rustfree '68!   (I'd like to see that car get done)...   After looking at her photos, it hurts to see an XS look like that!   I'm sure Travis (knowing how much he loves these autos) may offer a part you need?   (Where U at man)???    Look at me putting him on the spot...

Everyone else;   Let's hold "an offering" to help this guy :)   

Here's a list of parts made (allthough these prices are a tad high)...

bsakal

HLPAG also advertises heavily on www.collectorcartraderonline.com, beware......And now they're advertising that they do restorations.

69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on December 01, 2005, 09:14:29 PM
  Can you post/or PM a shipping address?   I would like to donate some minty Rockers to you from a rustfree '68!   (I'd like to see that car get done)...   After looking at her photos, it hurts to see an XS look like that!   I'm sure Travis (knowing how much he loves these autos) may offer a part you need?   (Where U at man)???    Look at me putting him on the spot...

WOW, I'm speechless and will PM you my address, you can use it anytime you need if you are ever passing through and need a place to hang your hat for some R&R, I BBQ a mean steak too.   Thank you for your generosity.  Some folks have suggested that I either sale it or junk it.  I can not sale it since I can not take that loss, I mean what would someone give me for it and I'm not going to do the same thing that was done to me!!!  I will not junk it either, if it takes me the next 10 to 20 years to get it restored then that's as long as it will take and she WILL be back on the road again with me behind the wheel just a smillin a big shit eatin grin  :drive:

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: AirborneSilva on December 01, 2005, 10:04:30 PM
I will not junk it either, if it takes me the next 10 to 20 years to get it restored then that's as long as it will take and she WILL be back on the road again with me behind the wheel just a smillin a big shit eatin grin :drive:
  Because HLPAG paid $$$ for the basic sheetmetal that they said was there....   :)  

I already sold-off enough parts to re-coup what I have into it...   You should see the car, it's only a pile now...   Kid had cut frame out of it to make a Derby car, and it was RUST FREE.   I also got some sorely needed metal for the 500 S.E.   I was going to list them on eBay, but nobody would've paid what I wanted for them...   Plus I hate eBay fees...  So their yours... 

TheGhost

Quote from: greenpigs on December 01, 2005, 06:26:32 PM
  Keep the site informed as much as possible, MANY here would love to see hplag get the screwing they deserve.

Not just any screwing, but unlubed anal screwing, perferably.

Take those bastards down.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Silver R/T

so youre saying they wont have more car & son projects for sale??
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chryco Psycho

Ghoste

Isn't that other woman you're talking about a member here?

4402tuff4u

WOW, I'm speechless and will PM you my address, you can use it anytime you need if you are ever passing through and need a place to hang your hat for some R&R, I BBQ a mean steak too.   Thank you for your generosity.   Some folks have suggested that I either sale it or junk it.   I can not sale it since I can not take that loss, I mean what would someone give me for it and I'm not going to do the same thing that was done to me!!!   I will not junk it either, if it takes me the next 10 to 20 years to get it restored then that's as long as it will take and she WILL be back on the road again with me behind the wheel just a smillin a big shit eatin grin   :drive:

Were'nt you advised by AG not to touch the car????? :ahum:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

AirborneSilva

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on December 02, 2005, 06:59:15 AM

WOW, I'm speechless and will PM you my address, you can use it anytime you need if you are ever passing through and need a place to hang your hat for some R&R, I BBQ a mean steak too.   Thank you for your generosity.   Some folks have suggested that I either sale it or junk it.   I can not sale it since I can not take that loss, I mean what would someone give me for it and I'm not going to do the same thing that was done to me!!!   I will not junk it either, if it takes me the next 10 to 20 years to get it restored then that's as long as it will take and she WILL be back on the road again with me behind the wheel just a smillin a big shit eatin grin   :drive:

Yes I was, not until all was settled, and I wont but know that in the end I will be fixing her up since I doubt very seriously that they are going to just take the car back, that would be too big of a loss for them, it would be cheaper for them to just settle for a portion of the money, or they could lie and say they will give me some parts like they did that other women (whom she told me she hasn't ever received the parts), so in the end I have no doubt that I will be working on her and probably by this summer if all goes well....

EDIT:  4402tuff4u, if you are infering that I am in anyway scamming anyone who is gracious enough to send me parts out of the kindness of their heart then please do not put me in the same catagory as HLPAG, you don't know me and I am not that kind of person, as stated I was told by some folks to just turn around and sale the charger but I can't do that.  If, and that's a big if, it turns out that they take the charger back then I will return any parts that were given to me.  I think that if you ask Ken, who has actually spoken to me over the phone, I am not that kind of person - I'm just someone who had a dream to get another Charger R/T (the first car I onwded was 68 Charger R/T - way back in the day), and I had a chance to get one to restore but got ripped off from my savings.

bull

I certainly hope hlpag gets their comeuppance. Did you ever get in touch with that lady they screwed over? She has a solid case too IMO. I don't know what AG stands for but I hope they see through all the BS hlpag dishes out.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: bull on December 02, 2005, 10:46:19 AM
I certainly hope hlpag gets their comeuppance. Did you ever get in touch with that lady they screwed over? She has a solid case too IMO. I don't know what AG stands for but I hope they see through all the BS hlpag dishes out.

AG stands for attourney general.  Yes I did get in contact with that lady, she told me that they were suppose to get her some parts but she has never received them.  She also said she would be interested in being a part of a class action law suit but the only people who make out in those are the lawyers not the plantifs.  I did send her another e-mail to let her know that the AG is taking my case so if she wants to file a complaint I will give her all the info I have to this point and help her in anyway I can.  Yeah these guys need to be taken down and I can only hope that what I'm doing will help in doing just that....  This poor lady, myself, and who knows how many others have spent our savings only to get ripped off  :flame:

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: AirborneSilva on December 02, 2005, 08:48:39 AM
EDIT: 4402tuff4u, if you are infering that I am in anyway scamming anyone who is gracious enough to send me parts   please do not put me in the same catagory as HLPAG

No, I'm sure he don't think that.  I spouted that off out of the blue.  It just makes me sick seeing that car, (just the fact that they tried to pull one over on him)...  And the fact that it is a '69 R/T, and deserves to be re-done. 

4402tuff4u

Yes I was, not until all was settled, and I wont but know that in the end I will be fixing her up since I doubt very seriously that they are going to just take the car back, that would be too big of a loss for them, it would be cheaper for them to just settle for a portion of the money, or they could lie and say they will give me some parts like they did that other women (whom she told me she hasn't ever received the parts), so in the end I have no doubt that I will be working on her and probably by this summer if all goes well....

EDIT:   4402tuff4u, if you are infering that I am in anyway scamming anyone who is gracious enough to send me parts out of the kindness of their heart then please do not put me in the same catagory as HLPAG, you don't know me and I am not that kind of person, as stated I was told by some folks to just turn around and sale the charger but I can't do that.   If, and that's a big if, it turns out that they take the charger back then I will return any parts that were given to me.   I think that if you ask Ken, who has actually spoken to me over the phone, I am not that kind of person - I'm just someone who had a dream to get another Charger R/T (the first car I onwded was 68 Charger R/T - way back in the day), and I had a chance to get one to restore but got ripped off from my savings.

Clear your mind brother, just hate for you to loose what it sounds to be a good case against HLPAG because you touched the car in any way. At least the AG is pursuing it enough to assign an investigator. They (AG) mean what they say. You know the saying: "you touched it, you bought it!" Good luck.

Tom_440

You need to speak with the AG before performing any repairs to the car. The legal term is "Spoliation of evidence."

In other words, the defendant (HPLAG) is allowed by law to examine the evidence (car) brought against it in order to defend itsself at time of trial. If you fix up the car before getting the green light from the AG, HPLAG"s attorney could bring a motion to the court stating that they can't examine the evidence, because it was altered, so they can't get a fair trial and the case should be dismissed. A judge could then dismiss the case and HPLAG will not be punished.

I expect the AG will merely have an administrative hearing, so it is possible that extensive photos and an appraisal may be enough, but I would definitely speak with the AG before doing anything, and DOCUMENT EVERYTHING.

Good luck.

It might also be interesting to sue then in your local small claims court. (cheap for you) Since they are doing business in your jurisdiction, you may be able to force them to come to your city to defend themselves.  That would be fun.  :yesnod:

dodgecharger-fan

Yep, be careful how you handle things. Online and with the car..

No one here wants you to lose this fight.

When the time comes to start work on her, though, if you need some fender patch panels - M-116 in the picture above - let me know. I have a pair that you can have.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on December 02, 2005, 11:16:53 AM

EDIT:   4402tuff4u, if you are infering that I am in anyway scamming anyone who is gracious enough to send me parts out of the kindness of their heart then please do not put me in the same catagory as HLPAG, you don't know me and I am not that kind of person, as stated I was told by some folks to just turn around and sale the charger but I can't do that.   If, and that's a big if, it turns out that they take the charger back then I will return any parts that were given to me.   I think that if you ask Ken, who has actually spoken to me over the phone, I am not that kind of person - I'm just someone who had a dream to get another Charger R/T (the first car I onwded was 68 Charger R/T - way back in the day), and I had a chance to get one to restore but got ripped off from my savings.

Clear your mind brother, just hate for you to loose what it sounds to be a good case against HLPAG because you touched the car in any way. At least the AG is pursuing it enough to assign an investigator. They (AG) mean what they say. You know the saying: "you touched it, you bought it!" Good luck.

Cool, and no I am not going to touch the car until all is settled with the AG.  I'm not the most patient of individuals but God is teaching me to be patient  ;)

AirborneSilva

Thank you all for your well wishes in my fight, also rest assured that I will not be touching the car, it is over the inlaws anyway and I prefer to not even look at it at this point since it just makes me sick and angry. 

If I sounded defensive in prior posts accept my apollogies  :)

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: AirborneSilva on December 02, 2005, 03:00:29 PM
If I sounded defensive in prior posts accept my apollogies :)
It's bad when you have to get defensive over someone else's wrongs(HLPAGetti).

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on December 02, 2005, 09:15:23 PM
Quote from: AirborneSilva on December 02, 2005, 03:00:29 PM
If I sounded defensive in prior posts accept my apollogies :)
  It's bad when you have to get defensive over someone else's wrongs(HLPAGetti).

I herd dat  :icon_smile_big:

RECHRGD

Let Judge Judy kick their ass !!!!
13.53 @ 105.32

cudaken

Being a E-bayer I was going to send the bidders a link to this site and posting's. Rotten ass holes must know people are on to them! They have blocked the bidders ID's.

Boy that 440 looks just right. There has to be a way from stopping these F==kers.

Cuda Ken
I am back

greenpigs

Well if you did the bidder MAY tell them about this thread, not good.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

cudaken

Green Pigs, the truth will win! But, hum Troy might need a lawyer ;D

Cuda Ken
I am back

greenpigs

I hope hlpag losses EVERYTHING they own down to the shovel used to put the bondo in!
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

cudaken

After what they did to Tony, I be happy to beat them about the head and shoulders with the shovel with it. But seems thay buy Primer in 55 gallon drums from there last  listings I posted.

Did you guys see all the house paint Lees in that one PIC ;D

Cuda Ken

Tony, if you pay for the Medical Bill's I will go vist them. ;D Not mine either. ;) Never mind, money would be better spent on be coming out to your house. :thumbs:

I am back

AirborneSilva

Quote from: cudaken on December 03, 2005, 09:08:02 PM
After what they did to Tony, I be happy to beat them about the head and shoulders with the shovel with it. But seems thay buy Primer in 55 gallon drums from there last   listings I posted.

Did you guys see all the house paint Lees in that one PIC ;D

Cuda Ken

Tony, if you pay for the Medical Bill's I will go vist them. ;D Not mine either. ;) Never mind, money would be better spent on be coming out to your house. :thumbs:

I'm surpised they didn't use the black primer and then take some crappy pictures like they did to me >:(

Yeah hopefully I can get some money up and get you out here, but on the other hand I hope for your sake that you get a job soon (then maybe I'll have to get you out here for a working vacation  :icon_smile_big:)...

Big Lebowski

Rare bondo rust buckets are worth restoring, but those scumbags should advertise them that way.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

jaak

I just sent them an email telling them they had a nice junk yard, and I would give them 250 for one of those orange parts cars, that have the big 01's on the doors, I'm curious if they will email me back, I thought that would piss them off.  :icon_smile_big:

Blown70

:hah:

Quote from: jaak on December 03, 2005, 10:54:05 PM
I just sent them an email telling them they had a nice junk yard, and I would give them 250 for one of those orange parts cars, that have the big 01's on the doors, I'm curious if they will email me back, I thought that would piss them off.   :icon_smile_big:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

chargervert

Word to the wise! I know the computer has made finding,and buying Mopars conveinent, but I will not buy cars or parts that I havent seen with my own eyes! I learned this the hard way! Luckly I learned it early in the game! I have been fortunate enough to meet some of the nicest/honest people,while looking for,and buying cars and parts over the years! I have also met crooks,and kaniving scumbags,who make a living ripping off honest Mopar lovers like us! E bay is a ripoff artists dream come true! Its Caviot Emptor on E bay!!!!!LET THE BUYER BEWARE!!!! :icon_smile_evil:

AirborneSilva

Quote from: chargervert on December 05, 2005, 01:50:40 AM
Word to the wise! I know the computer has made finding,and buying Mopars conveinent, but I will not buy cars or parts that I havent seen with my own eyes! I learned this the hard way! Luckly I learned it early in the game! I have been fortunate enough to meet some of the nicest/honest people,while looking for,and buying cars and parts over the years! I have also met crooks,and kaniving scumbags,who make a living ripping off honest Mopar lovers like us! E bay is a ripoff artists dream come true! Its Caviot Emptor on E bay!!!!!LET THE BUYER BEWARE!!!! :icon_smile_evil:

UM, thanks  ???

I have a tendency to trust people, my bad I guess.  But, my son had bought a pick-up ( :puke: cheby), a friend had bought a c6 corvett (and told me he had bought and sold other cars from e-bay), I have bought some small parts for my jeep, and have sold some computer parts on e-bay all with great success.  I did look at their rating, which was high (why I don't know), I even had another friend look at the add so there would be an objective viewer and not just someone who REALLY wanted a charger R/T and thought he was getting a good deal (like you hear about all the time), so yeah I was taken and yeah I feel like a dumb ass, yeah I'm pissed and yeah I hope that the Illinois AG can do something for me, then I hope that I can get my Charger together and on the road.  I know i have an up hill battle with everything from trying to at least recoup some of my money, to actually getting it on the road.  It is more then I had bargained for, ALOT more, but I will get it back on the road (unless the AG makes them take it back, in that case I hope they don't take anyone else with it and I hope that it isn't cut up for parts either).  I guess what I'm getting at is thanks for the advice, late as it is, now if you want to help and know of where I can get some parts on the cheap, or want to come over here and help me get some work done on it cause I'm in new territory here, Ken has already offered to come help with some work - cheaply (when the time comes), then you got my attention  :icon_smile_wink:

chargervert

I'm sorry to hear about those scumbags ripping you off! There has been some chatter both here,and on Moparts,about them,and there shady deals! I am currently selling my 70 V code Road Runner to a gentleman from Florida,and he came all the way to Rhode Island to see the car! I know it sucks to have to travel,to see a car,but trust me its worth it,if your the guy laying down the cash!

AirborneSilva

Florida to Rhode island is a dern sight closer then Hawaii (Which is where I lived at the time I bought the car), to Illinois.  I understand what you're saying, trust me I do, but hind sight and all that kind of stuff.........

venom94558

Wow!  Another father and son project!!!  YEEEHAW!!    :horse:

I am honestly very sorry for what has happened to you with that car you purchased from those jokers.  I live in the chicago land area and I have been in search of a 1969 dodge charger for a while, I was all set to drive up and purchase a car from them, however I got very lucky, when I called them about the car, they were such jag offs to me, that I changed my mind about dealing with them, I figured if they were this much of a-holes when I was giving them money, they would truely be a joy if I had an issue or problem.  That was years ago, and I am still on the hunt for a 69 charger, but I think you are doing the right thing by going after these morons, and I hope you win.

terrible one

Airborne,

As cool as it would be to get that car back on the road, remember how far gone it is. I know you know it, but maybe you should consider getting another car that would give you a much better start. To me, that is key, and the one you have is pretty much toast. What I mean is fall in love with the model, not the car.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: terrible one on May 30, 2006, 09:58:08 AM
Airborne,

As cool as it would be to get that car back on the road, remember how far gone it is. I know you know it, but maybe you should consider getting another car that would give you a much better start. To me, that is key, and the one you have is pretty much toast. What I mean is fall in love with the model, not the car.

I hear what you're saying and I have fallen in love with the model, my first car - way back in the day - was a 68 Charger R/T, which is a big reason why I wanted to get another charger r/t.  I just have one problem, how do I justifiy just writing this one off?  I have so much money into it from getting the royal screwing from HLPAG that my brain just can't get to the point where I say, well lesson learned.  I hope to be able to get another car to build and maybe do a little here and there on this one.  I know that I will spend a crap load of money (I will be doing the work myself), and that when I am done the car will not be worth what I have into it BUT, the way the prices have continued to climb I may one day get my money out of it, and if not then I will have a nice car (well 2 of them if I have my way and the wife keeps her word)... 

terrible one

I understand, and I really don't know what to say because you already have so much money into the car, thanks to the bastards at HLPAG. It just may make more sense to part out what you can from this one and move on. By the time you get this one fixed up, you probably will have spent more than you would after getting a bit of money from this one and starting over again. Still, it all depends on the work you can do yourself, the deals you find, etc. It also depends on what you want to do, I was just throwing that bit of info out there because I found it useful. Hell, people get on me about fixing the car I bought, and it isn't all too bad.

bsakal

Do these HLPAG scum go to Carlisle?

AirborneSilva

Quote from: bsakal on May 30, 2006, 06:20:22 PM

I couldn't say, maybe someone who goes can chime in. 

4cruzin

I'm not sure that many of us would know them if we did run into them at Carlisle??  I wouldn't  ??? 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

DarkAngel0816

First I want to say I am sorry for what happened.  I had looked at them before, but than I stumbled onto here and people warned me to steer clear of that place.  Granted I did buy one from someone else and the Charger I have has some major issues that I was not aware of....BUT the guy I bought it from did send me a little money back to help with the frame rot (that had been covered up very well).  I have been lucky for I have people who are helping me get it back to being safely on the road (my neighbor is going to help me with the frame and body issues HOPEFULLY lol although I am scared what might be under the paint.  Car has been full of surprises) and Jim from here has been a huge help on the electrical nightmare that is going on.  Found some real nasty burnt melted wires under the dash and under the hood.  Without people offering help I would have gotten rid of it and probably lost tons of money for I would be honest with the issues.  It does suck...I came pretty darn close to possibly losing the car to fire a couple months ago when we started it...yeah...nightmare.  lol

With so many people having issues with hplag it shocks me people still buy.  And that they are still open.  Hell I remember an email I had received from them I was in awe at how unprofessional it was.  Most of the words were mispelled.

Anyways good luck! 
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

4402tuff4u

Quote from: AirborneSilva on May 30, 2006, 09:27:46 PM
Quote from: bsakal on May 30, 2006, 06:20:22 PM

I couldn't say, maybe someone who goes can chime in. 

I've never seen a booth or a sign indicating that they had a floor spot in Carlisle, but I'm pretty sure someone from HLPAG must go down there to look at whats around. I don't think it would be a place for them to really show that they were there. It might get a bit ugly. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure there are many like you that have been mislead by HLPAG. Seems to be a pattern with them, not sure thou I've never done business with them. Don't think I ever will. Good luck.

lee

If you want to see what the main guys look like go to the web site there are 4 of the dim wites standing with the original Daisy on the first page. :flame:

Mike DC

HLPAG doesn't make money off the established Mopar hobby.  They make money of the eager novices who haven't gotten their connections in the hobby established yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------

AirborneSilva,

Best wishes on the fight.  Those guys need to be brought down.  If it were any other industry besides old car projects they probably would've gone to jail for something a long time ago.

And check your PM box; I'm sending you a small message.

dkn1997

here they are, with a little editing so you can spot them easier

RECHRGED

bsakal

I've never seen any signs or anything that they are at Carlisle, that's why I asked, I had no idea what they looked like, until now. I would love to run into one of them there. :smash:

AirborneSilva

Quote from: terrible one on May 30, 2006, 12:39:03 PM
I understand, and I really don't know what to say because you already have so much money into the car, thanks to the bastards at HLPAG. It just may make more sense to part out what you can from this one and move on. By the time you get this one fixed up, you probably will have spent more than you would after getting a bit of money from this one and starting over again. Still, it all depends on the work you can do yourself, the deals you find, etc. It also depends on what you want to do, I was just throwing that bit of info out there because I found it useful. Hell, people get on me about fixing the car I bought, and it isn't all too bad.

I do appreciate your input, so don't get me wrong there.  I will be doing all the work myself, but if anyone wants to volunteer to come down and help me with the frame rails  :icon_smile_big: I think that is my bigest fear that I don't get that right.  I do know a guy in my jeep club (well 4X4 club), that has a body shop and he has offered to give advice when needed and I will be asking a boat load of questions to some of our members here as well.  As I have said before, I hope to be able to get another charger that is much more buildable and do this one slowly as I have time and money.  We'll see how things go and if money will permit getting another.

cantankerous

Found this ad today in my local Southern California Auto Trader...

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

Ghoste

Toll free number, nation wide financing, ads in states several hours distant.  How can such a bunch of common small time crooks operate a business that size and that public and not be featured in some expose for scamming people?  Why are they not in jail?  How come no one goes over and breaks their legs or burns down their shop?
Surely, some karma will catch up to them sooner or later?

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Ghoste on June 02, 2006, 04:13:31 AM
Toll free number, nation wide financing, ads in states several hours distant.  How can such a bunch of common small time crooks operate a business that size and that public and not be featured in some expose for scamming people?  Why are they not in jail?  How come no one goes over and breaks their legs or burns down their shop?
Surely, some karma will catch up to them sooner or later?

I have been wondering the same things myself!

warriorbass05

WOW!! I'm new here and now I am glad that I stopped in this thread to read. I have seen their ads many times and they always seem a little fishy to begin with. I am looking for a charger but not from those guys!!!!!

dkn1997

Quote from: warriorbass05 on June 05, 2006, 07:51:45 AM
WOW!! I'm new here and now I am glad that I stopped in this thread to read. I have seen their ads many times and they always seem a little fishy to begin with. I am looking for a charger but not from those guys!!!!!

makes it all worth it if one more person gest saved from getting scammed by them...

btw, that's how they stay in business, they prey on people who are just getting into the hobby, but cannot afford Barret Jackson prices for cars.  It's just too tempting for some.  It's like those "as seen on TV" infomercial products.  We all know none of that crap works, but people will buy it because of the price/sales pitch.  they want a thing so bad (like a charger, and who could blame anyone for that) that they allow themselves to be talked into it by scumbags like the ones from Lake Villa Ill. 

maybe they have supernatural powers.  how else to you explain the frequent bidding on their ebay auctions when they have private feedback? 
RECHRGED