News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So how mad would you be if your friend...........

Started by Ryan, December 07, 2009, 09:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Quote from: resq302 on December 08, 2009, 01:41:27 PM
Ryan already said in a far earlier post that he has picked up the car.

DOH. Missed that. :brickwall:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 08, 2009, 03:04:28 PM
Quote from: Ryan on December 08, 2009, 01:57:37 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on December 08, 2009, 01:37:26 PM
Or you could bang his girlfriend and that would just about even it up..  I'm just saying..?..??   :shruggy:

LOL, maybe if she wasnt twice my size  :eek2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck8T45DJjH4&feature=PlayList&p=F33925599CB14BF9&index=2     :yesnod:
you really love those guys paul , the new spinal tap , I had to go see them both times they came to kc this year .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ChgrSteve67

You borrow it, you break it, you pay to have it fixed.  Simple as that.  Sorry does not cut it.
If you can't afford to fix it then don't borrow it.

Also
Agreement to store ones stuff is not an agreement to use ones stuff either.

Not to mention the legal liability position he put you in not being insured to drive the car.

Definately not your friend.

Mike DC

A real friend would help out with the labor to repair the damage when YOU wreck it. 

When HE wrecks it because he was cruising it w/o permission, he oughtta deliver it back looking even better than he originally got it.

Daytona R/T SE

He damaged your car and refuses to do anything about it... :scratchchin:

Wait six months, in that amount of time he'll piss of a few dozen more people.

He'll have no idea where this came from:

Find out what possession he loves the most in this world...car, truck, his sister's

old panties, crack pipe, whatever.

DESTROY IT.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

68pplcharger

68pplcharger

QuoteA real friend would help out with the labor to repair the damage when YOU wreck it. 

When HE wrecks it because he was cruising it w/o permission, he oughtta deliver it back looking even better than he originally got it

:iagree: was for this reply, somebody responded before I posted Duh!

mauve66

the guys a douche, reminds me of my time @ ft. carson, i used to teach a bus driving course and one day we were making a left hand turn and the driver was cutting it too close so i'm yelling at him to stop and he just keeps going, and going and wham, he takes out the side of a monte carlo ss.  well it turns out the car was the dudes roommate who was out of town and he "just wanted to go to the store", no permission to drive and now the thing is trashed all the way down the drivers side........................ :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

jar1292

one of my coworkers told me once that he dousnt have any friends. i asked why and he cooly replied "Friends are just faces that you have to pick out of the crowd right before the shooting starts, and i really dont want to take the time to decide who dies". moral of the story, dont get attached.  :smilielol: if he wasnt your friend you wouldnt be in this situation! sorry for your luck. my own thought is that you need to burn that bridge. sorry
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

miller time

I taled my lawyer freinds and she said you can sue him, you should have full legal rights, it's his responsibility it was on his property, he stole it and wrecked it, call a lawyer you know or a freinds lawyer and spend like $50 or how ever much it is and have a letter sent to his house requesting payment or to meet you in court. :shruggy:
That's what I'd do.

Silver R/T

I know it would be hard not to drive a nice Charger sitting in my garage. If someone gives me keys to their car they're assuming PARTIAL responsibility for it if something happened.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

jeryst

It's times like this when you find out who your friends really are.

About ten years ago, a friend of mine built a large garage. I had a car that was going to need long term storage, so I talked to him about it, and he said no problem. I told him that I didnt want to pay more than $100/year, because I could store the car in an old mine converted to a storage area, for that price. Car was there 7 years. In the meantime, I did a lot of things for him, including doing the photography at his daughters wedding, which saved him several thousand dollars (I didnt charge him a penny). When it was time for me to get the car out, he handed me a bill for $1500, which was more than double what we agreed upon. I mentioned about the wedding, and stuff like that, and he said he took that into consideration and charged me less than what he was going to charge. I would never have done that to him. As a matter of fact, I never charge friends or family for anything. But that's me.

I paid him the $1500, and have not spoken to him since. We wave to each other, but neither of us has ever took the initiative to contact the other.

On the other side, I have a friend who always treats me fairly. Once, he borrowed my trailer and screwed it up. He fixed it, and returned it to me in better condition than when he borrowed it. He knows what friendship and responsibility are all about, and there probably isnt anything that I wouldnt do for him if he got into trouble or needed something.

Some people are givers, some people are takers. Some people think the world is here just for them. You know the type. They are the ones that dont wait their turn at a 4-way intersection. They are the ones that block the whole isle in the store while they talk to their buddy. They are the ones that make the most noise in places that are supposed to be quite. They are the ones who think the rules just dont apply to them.

The fact of the matter, is that some people are only your friend until money is involved, then things can get weird. In this type of situation, someone will always suffer. Either he will resent you, or you will resent him, unless one of you values the friendship more than the money. If the storage fees in your area are $50/month he saved you at least $500. If fees are $100/month, he saved you $1000. He didnt have permission to drive you car, and that was wrong. He damaged you car, and that was wrong as well. Other than this incident, what kind of friend has he been? Has he been there for you when you needed him? Has he ever pulled your a$$ out of a ditch at 3 AM in the middle of a blizzard? Has he watched your back in a fight? Do you guys get along and do a lot of things together? Does he lend you things and give you a helping hand when you need them? Or is he just a parasite, mooching off of you but giving little in return? In the end, you are the one that needs to decide what the friendship is worth, because you are the party that was wronged. If you forget about it, he will most likely still be your friend, but you will now know the limits of your friendship and what type of friend he is. If you no longer care about his friendship, sue his ass, get your car fixed, and write him off.

Cooperman

Jeryst, that is an awesome post. You have summed up the situation perfectly...  :yesnod:
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

tan top

Quote from: Cooperman on December 09, 2009, 05:47:10 AM
Jeryst, that is an awesome post. You have summed up the situation perfectly...  :yesnod:

:iagree: yep thats some true words spoken there :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Cooter

While your buddy is in the wrong, live and learn here..NEVER park something you can't stand to have damaged/stolen/hurt/dead/or injured in any way, at an uninsured place be it a friend, buddy, parents house, whatever....IT WILL GET DAMAGED accident or otherwise...Storage facilities are a PIT wallet, but I've NEVER had any problem with one of the employee's taking my junk up the street and if they did, it would be insured all up the ass.... :Twocents:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

dkn1997

the moment he didn't offer to fix it was the moment the friendship was over.  simple. get your car fixed and don't speak to him again. you don't need friends like that

since you said friend, I'll assume you guys travel in the same circles and know some of the same people.  as bad as they will look down on him for damaging your car, they will look at you worse for suing him. I can't offer any logical argument against suing him except to say that it seems like the sissy way out.  i know that's not a popular point of view or even the right way to say it these days, but i can't help it.  I remember a neighborhood dispute between another family and mine when I was a kid.  Their dog had bitten me in the face when I was in 4th grade.  It was pretty traumatic and I do have a scar from it...followed by fistfights between my brothers, me and them whenever we saw each other for years after.   when I was older someone commented to my parents "why didn't you sue them?"  my stepfather said "we are not that kind of people" 

I think you would put yourself through a lot less by just buying another hood and adding him to the shit list.
RECHRGED

FLG

If you sue him you will always be looking over your shoulder and wondering if he is going to take it out on you or your car. For that kind of money its simply not worth worrying over...let it go, drop him as a friend, and just move on.

89MOPAR

I'm gonna play Devil's advocate here ---

The part about, " I Just Left The Keys There In Case The Place Caught On Fire" - THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.  No disrespect to your car, but if the guys house is on fire, he is going to save his kids, dog, old pictures, etc , a whole lotta stuff before he gets to your car. 
  Which means it's more likely the friend was told --" here are the keys in case you need to move it to get to something in your garage...." or something similar.-- and if that is the case, then you did give him permission to drive it -- maybe not on the street, but certainly around his yard / proximity to his storage.

Hagerty Insurance most likely has a condition on their collectable car policy which states " When not being used car must be in a locked garage " -- and then they ask where it is kept when you applied for the policy.  If you did not update them as to the car being at friends house for several months, instead of your own, technically you'd be in violation of the policy.

I've had friends store vehicles at my place for whatever personal reason they had at the time - and i asked for a key in case i needed to move it for whatever situation arose. It's an inconvienience to me to have their vehicle taking up space in my garage, yard, etc , but i am helping them out because the trouble is worth it in light of the benefits of the friendship. I didn't ask for the key so I could go out joyriding, but because it was practical.

Yes your friend screwed up and should pay to put the car back to the condition it was in before he had the hood incident. If he did not ask for a storage fee of $$ per month , he cannot retroactively try to enforce a contract that never existed.

Back to disagreeing with the majority of posters here.... You want us to believe you asked him to store your car for an unspecified amount of time, left the keys with him, and made it a point to tell him he could not drive the car under any circumstance except a fire in the garage/ storage area ??
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

myk

Quote from: 89MOPAR on December 10, 2009, 09:04:13 PM

Which means it's more likely the friend was told --" here are the keys in case you need to move it to get to something in your garage...." or something similar.-- and if that is the case, then you did give him permission to drive it -- maybe not on the street, but certainly around his yard / proximity to his storage.

That's just the point.  Giving the keys to someone for the purpose of moving the car if necessary doesn't include joyrides or Tokyo-drifting around the block.  Or else do you consider that scene in Ferris Beuller's day off, where the parking lot attendants steal the Ferrari and tear up New York with it, completely justified?  Just because someone gives you an inch doesn't mean you have permission to rape them with 8 of yours right up their a**....

RCKSTR

Maybe print off this whole thread and give it to him, might change his perspective a little bit with this many guys pissed off