News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Something I noticed while selling car parts

Started by 69bronzeT5, December 09, 2009, 06:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stripedelete

Quote from: moparstuart on December 10, 2009, 12:06:39 PM
As someone who sells parts for a living everyday .  If you really wanna sell it you do what ever it takes to get it sold . If the guy leaves you his # call him .   :Twocents: :Twocents:    You cant sell it if you dont talk to the prospect .   But you know you will alway get the tire kickers , just comes with the ordeal .  I have people who want me to diagnose cars problem and fix them all over the phone too  :smilielol: :smilielol:

:iagree:

bull

The people that annoy me are the ones who apparently want you to do all the work to figure out what they have for sale. Got one right now that I contacted about "Mopar parts" among other general items like Christmas trees and TVs. :eyes: Then his one and only picture is of the front of an abandoned gas station? :shruggy: So I email him asking what he has for Mopar parts and he sends me an email back asking what Mopar parts I want. So now am I expected to sit here for an hour typing everything I need in the off chance he'll have even one of those items in half-decent shape? Nah, sorry.

Here's the ad:

Sale 126 E Broadway - $1 (Goldendale)

Come buy a little or a lot. genorator, tv's, wine barrols, dresser, mopar parts. 818 438 0993 in goldendale wa 98620.

EVERYTHING MUST GO

I HAVE CHRISTMAS TREES

6 FOOT TO 10 FOOT

$10 TO $49

mauve66

hey man, when you drive all the way over there cause he SAYS he has what you want in good condition just to get you over there, check to see if he's got a 4spd top plate also, thanks :rofl: :rofl:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

dkn1997

who even pays long distance anymore?  wake up!!!   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
RECHRGED

jb666

Quote from: dkn1997 on December 11, 2009, 08:46:22 PM
who even pays long distance anymore?  wake up!!!   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

That's the first thing I was thinking... WHAT'S LONG DISTANCE ?!?!? Every plan , now a days is free US calling any time..

I sell a ton of stuff on CL. I NEVER list a phone number.. I just let people reply to the ad. At that point I filter through all of the crap...... MOST people send me their phone #'s and I'll call them from there..

The other thing is, this is my standard blurb for all my CL ads:

No, I'm not interested in trading for your Playstation 3, shed, car, bicycle, mother-in-law, skateboard, wheels, sister, neighbor, windows, heating system, dog, wife, son/daughter, house-cleaning for a year or the fact that you want to pay me triple what my item is worth. If you dont have cash in hand and aren't LOCAL don't bother replying. I don't care if you're in the middle of the Red Sea and your son is in Israel and REALLY wants this item, he's going to have to get over it. Everyone else is welcome.

I copy/paste that in all my ads... I get so sick of the bullshit on CL...

Ghoste

wayfast1500

I really hate when buyers say they will be up to purchase something and don't call or show.  I work weird hours and get called in at random so I've actually lost the sale plus time I could have been getting paid at work.  I think the worst one was when I was selling a basket case Harley I had, it was stored at my parents house a state over.  A guy said he would definatly be up with cash in hand so I drove down in the winter, picked the bike up and he never called or showed up.  I didn't have a place to keep it so I left it under my tunneau cover in the truck until it was purchased.  Also I've listed bikes as complete bikes will not part out and get the typical "I just need a turn signal or other small part".  I turned one guy down literally 15 times then he asked for the buyers contact info after I sold that bike.

69bronzeT5

Get this. Got a guy asking about the Mustang door I have. Here's how our emails have gone.

Him: "Ill do 150 for the door I just need the door no mirrors wiring panels nothing except the door and functioning glass. let me know ASAP I can pick it up wednesday"

Me: "Well, I was hoping to get $200."

Him: "Do you have pictures of the door? like is it in good condition or needs paint? Id  be willing to do 200 if the door was in good shape which most the doors on craigslist or buysell arnt..."

Me: "Yep...."*then I sent 5 pictures which clearly show the door's condition*

Him: "Thats not a good selling attitude. Do you want to sell this door or not???
Is the lock busted on this door? or is that just the picture?? its not that big of a concern for me since ill be replacing it anyways just curious. But from what I can see the door looks to be in good shape
Are all the other parts at the same location?? cause I might be interested in some other piece also"

Me: "A good selling attitude? No offense but you asked for pictures, I was in a rush out the door so I replied with "Yep" and sent pictures.....that's pretty good to me. Anyways, yes the lock is busted. The other parts are at the same location but they are buried so whatever you do want/need, I'd have to dig out prior to you coming."

As much as I wanted to tell him to shove his "good selling attitude" up his ass, I want the stupid door gone so ::)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mauve66

he probably got the email and thought all it said was "yep", didn't even notice the attachments :brickwall: :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment