News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sub-Zero Charger survival!!!

Started by RECHRGD, December 08, 2009, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

I trailered the Charger to my engine/dyno guy today for some steering box, head modification & misc. work to be done.  This was my only opportunity to get this done before the snow hits over the weekend and my driveway (winter time luge run) gets snowed in.  It was -3* F when I pulled it out of the shop to put on the trailer.  I let it warm up to about 170* before shutting it off and taking the 40 mile trip to the dyno shop.  I started thinking about the block just freezing up as I was pulling the car down the road at 65mph in those frigid temperatures.  The wind chill must have been something insane.  The car has no choke.  It's a Holley 750DP with a Proform main body.  The car has 50/50 antifreeze mix in it so I figured it was OK.  When I got to the shop it was a balmy 17* and sunny.  Anyway, it started up fine and took several minutes before I could let it idle.  All ended well with it warming up to 175* and no issues.  It's now resting peacefully at the Dyno shop and in good company next to a Viper that's getting a twin turbo installation.  I'll pick it back up in a few days with hopefully some added horsepower under the hood.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Ghoste

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RECHRGD

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 08, 2009, 11:45:44 PM
Is it dyno shop in Spokane?

Yep!! Shelley's, off of Barker road out in the valley.  Brian is a great guy and does good work.  He did the Challenger that was just featured in Mopar Muscle with a ProCharger system in it.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Silver R/T

Ya, Brian does good work. He worked/tuned Cobra for me
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722