News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 V code on ebay

Started by charger_fan_4ever, December 08, 2009, 11:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

mine has the original G code short long block in it still, does it qualifiy, it is a letter in the alphabet ya know, and actually its probably worth more since it came first in the sequence than a V code does, isn't that the way it works??????????????????? :popcrn: :popcrn:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: G-man on December 08, 2009, 11:40:52 PM
If the drivetrain doesnt match then its as good as a 318 car to me. Big deal if its a V-code car if the V-code engine etc are not in it/match that 'make the car V-code'. Even if its a hemi code if the hemi aint in it or findable its as good as a 318 - Hemi clone.

What use is it having the letters when what the letters designate are not there?

Pointless.

A few points to consider:

1) Most of the musclecars were run hard and damaged the engine & transmission within a few years...
2) A car with a VIN number coded for a Hemi / Six Pack / Etc is almost universally recognized as legit (not a clone) even if non numbers matching.
3) It is very easy to re-stamp an engine block or transmission case... there is no easy way to detect ones done well (magnetic particle will not detect all instances).

About 1/4 of my cars are fully number matching, but none of the three that I consider "untouchable" are... two have number matching engines, and the third has a number matching transmission.  Non numbers matching has a 20-30% impact on value, not a 70-80% discount.  :Twocents:

A pristine "318" clone Hemi `Cuda is maybe $50-60K... show me where a pristine real "R Code" non number matching Hemi `Cuda can be bought at the same price... I'll buy it!

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

hemi68charger

:rofl:

My Daytona doesn't have its original motor............ I'm junking it.........  :brickwall:

NOT..........     
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

maxwellwedge

Quote from: TiMopar on December 09, 2009, 04:52:07 AM
Quote from: G-man on December 08, 2009, 11:40:52 PM
If the drivetrain doesnt match then its as good as a 318 car to me. Big deal if its a V-code car if the V-code engine etc are not in it/match that 'make the car V-code'. Even if its a hemi code if the hemi aint in it or findable its as good as a 318 - Hemi clone.

What use is it having the letters when what the letters designate are not there?

Pointless.

Back in the 70's nobody gave two hoots about 'matching numbers', because on a Mopar the engine size call-out is in the VIN#. A Mopar car is what it is (hopefully) because the vin tells you what engine the car was built with. 'Matching numbers' are something we unfortunately inherited from the Chevy people in the mid/late eighties. Perhaps one day you will be fortunate enough to get a 'good' deal on a 'V' code or Hemi car body less engine, and we will see what your opinion is then...

I agree 100%.

Tell me something.....If you had a 71 Hemi-Cuda convertible that wasn't matching numbers would you sell it for under 1 or 2 million?

The rarer and more desirable a car is the less "numbers matching" comes in to play percentage-wise on the price. How many ZL1 Camaro's match? Not a lot, yet they bring very strong money.
Now - matching numbers means more to the value of a car if it is a non-Hemi or 6 Pack vehicle. A 383 Runner without a matching drivetrain will suffer more percentage-wise than a matching one. It was born a Hemi. It is in the VIN. It is not easily faked. Chevy's did not put the engine code in their VIN's (back then) which is why you better have paperwork to prove what it is. There are more big block Vette's and LS6 Chevelle convertibles out there than Chevy ever built - the cars are easy to fake.

charger_fan_4ever

Then there is the cases with guys owing tripple green 318 cars. Chances are if that car goes tripple black and a 440 under the hood it would be worth more than triple green #'s match. Not double price or anything but a few thousands more.Thats how i see it anyway.

hemi68charger

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on December 10, 2009, 11:06:43 AM
Then there is the cases with guys owing tripple green 318 cars. Chances are if that car goes tripple black and a 440 under the hood it would be worth more than triple green #'s match. Not double price or anything but a few thousands more.Thats how i see it anyway.

And that's how it usually works out............  Not too many people who actually go "looking" to get a 318 car.. More times than not, they are looking for a nice solid dependable driver.....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

mauve66

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 10, 2009, 08:55:55 AM

My Daytona doesn't have its original motor............ I'm junking it.........  :brickwall:

NOT..........     

you had me at junking it..................................... i think i'm in love.....................where will it be parked.........................do you want flowers or candy...................your car is amazing.......... maybe we can work out something else in trade............. wink wink......... nudge nudge.................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

hemi68charger

Quote from: mauve66 on December 10, 2009, 06:51:26 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on December 10, 2009, 08:55:55 AM

NOT..........     

you had me at junking it..................................... i think i'm in love.....................where will it be parked.........................do you want flowers or candy...................your car is amazing.......... maybe we can work out something else in trade............. wink wink......... nudge nudge.................

And just what did you have in mind? :icon_smile_cool:
Troy

Davtona

For what its worth its back on Ebay. This time with a $200 starting bid.  :popcrn:

Hemidoug

Shit..I'll throw 200 bucks at it....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Davtona

Quote from: Hemidoug on December 12, 2009, 06:34:20 PM

$200 starting bid. Its in the $3500 dollar range now.

Hemidoug

Quote from: Davtona on December 12, 2009, 06:48:45 PM
Quote from: Hemidoug on December 12, 2009, 06:34:20 PM

$200 starting bid. Its in the $3500 dollar range now.

I saw that...still a deal. No reserve means it's going.........

mauve66

unless the seller pulls it in the last hour cause its not getting what they want, seen that before :brickwall: :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Davtona on December 12, 2009, 06:27:58 PM
For what its worth its back on Ebay. This time with a $200 starting bid.  :popcrn:

Looks like someone asked about the fender tag and build sheet. 472 R/t's buddy was right no fendertag or buildsheet. Says the scan copy should arrive anyday  :slap: sure.

Its a V code car, but i dunno no fendertag  :shruggy:
Personally with no fendertag or buildsheet I'd pass.

Hemidoug

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on December 12, 2009, 07:38:51 PM
Quote from: Davtona on December 12, 2009, 06:27:58 PM

Looks like someone asked about the fender tag and build sheet. 472 R/t's buddy was right no fendertag or buildsheet. Says the scan copy should arrive anyday  :slap: sure.

Its a V code car, but i dunno no fendertag  :shruggy:
Personally with no fendertag or buildsheet I'd pass.

All depends....that crap don't matter if you are in it for the love...That will make a very nice project if bought right. I'd love to do that car myself, but I've got too many irons in the fire myself.

Polygon

Back to this car... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330374763625&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

First time listed, went to US $8,099.99  Reserve not met

Relisted second time    US $5,100.00  Reserve not met

Back in the 'boom' he might have got his price, or close to it.
QuoteThats all fairenough to say as thats pretty much how things sit in the market.[ /quote]
www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

tan top

Quote from: Polygon on December 13, 2009, 06:46:27 AM
Back to this car... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330374763625&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

First time listed, went to US $8,099.99  Reserve not met

Relisted second time    US $5,100.00  Reserve not met

thats not a bad looking project :scratchchin: , bit high on price though  :scratchchin:
Back in the 'boom' he might have got his price, or close to it.
QuoteThats all fairenough to say as thats pretty much how things sit in the market.[ /quote]

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charger_fan_4ever

In reference to the copper car.

Looked at the bids on both auctions and looked like the bidders had bid on a lot of the sellers items. It took shell bidding to get the prices that high. Needing every panel and a frame rail good luck getting 5 digits. I'd still but the v code without the fendertag for the same money as the copper car.