News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So how mad would you be if your friend...........

Started by Ryan, December 07, 2009, 09:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

Quote from: resq302 on December 08, 2009, 01:12:54 AM
Ryan,

I have Haggerty insurance also.  Unless things have changed or you have a different policy they have a zero deductable.

Thats good to know..... shows what I know LOL
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Ryan

Quote from: Steelshanks on December 08, 2009, 12:40:28 AM

He made a mistake and broke something. NOT a freak accident. Did he even understand that he didn't lock the hood down correctly? Sounds like he just thinks the latch failed.

I don't really see why he needed the keys if you were storing it anyhow.

Its funny actually, when he told me about it the first time he told me that he forgot to latch it down, then later when I bring money into it he says that it was a freak accident and was just his dumb luck.

I left the keys there just in case the place was to catch on fire, thats about it

2014 viper TA

G-man

Seems a fire would have been more tolerable than this joke.

I know I can leave my car at my mates and he wouldnt touch it unless he asked me and if anything happened he would pay for it in full. But thats what friends are... you sure you didnt leave it with an aquaintence?

Charger_Croatia

As guys are saying, true friend would not do that, not without asking for a ride. Doesn't matter is it "around a block" or just few meters, or for cruising - it's wrong! We are talking about principle not about value: what's mine is mine and you can't play with it without permission.
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

tan top

Quote from: Charger_Croatia on December 08, 2009, 07:12:18 AM
As guys are saying, true friend would not do that, not without asking for a ride. Doesn't matter is it "around a block" or just few meters, or for cruising - it's wrong! We are talking about principle not about value: what's mine is mine and you can't play with it without permission.

:yesnod:  true
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

SRT-440

A real friend would pay for their mistake. But, if I had no choice but to store it somewhere else, I'd disable it so only I could move it. But, between joy rides and brats scratching the paint I'd rather store my car at the bottom of a lake than at someone elses house.

If he doesn't pay then I'd find his car and give it a swift kick in the door/fender to even it up.  :icon_smile_wink:

:popcrn:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

BrianShaughnessy

Ex co-worker left his hood unlatched on his newly painted 67 mudstain a few years back.    Insurance paid for it.  But he was driving it.

Now the problem is if he was driving it and you tried to claim it, he's not authorized to drive it to the best of my knowledge.    so for you to try to claim it then you're committing insurance fraud which really wouldn't be a good idea.

Fact is that he agreed to store it for free...    I'd say hood and paint just about covers the cost of storage at another facility.   But above all the dude was joyriding your car.   

Take your lumps,  take your car elsewhere.   You're either gonna lose cash or lose a friend.   Take your pick. 

Quote from: Ryan on December 07, 2009, 10:49:58 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 07, 2009, 10:47:24 PM

Doesn't full coverage cover whatever you're driving?

Not exactly, the specialty classic insurance is very picky with what gets covered. I suppose I could just lie and say I was cruising and my hood flew up but that isn't very honest. Plus I think my deductible is like a grand
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

FLG

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on December 08, 2009, 08:23:30 AM
Ex co-worker left his hood unlatched on his newly painted 67 mudstain a few years back.    Insurance paid for it.  But he was driving it.

Now the problem is if he was driving it and you tried to claim it, he's not authorized to drive it to the best of my knowledge.    so for you to try to claim it then you're committing insurance fraud which really wouldn't be a good idea.

Fact is that he agreed to store it for free...    I'd say hood and paint just about covers the cost of storage at another facility.   But above all the dude was joyriding your car.   

Take your lumps,  take your car elsewhere.   You're either gonna lose cash or lose a friend.   Take your pick. 

Quote from: Ryan on December 07, 2009, 10:49:58 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 07, 2009, 10:47:24 PM

Doesn't full coverage cover whatever you're driving?

Not exactly, the specialty classic insurance is very picky with what gets covered. I suppose I could just lie and say I was cruising and my hood flew up but that isn't very honest. Plus I think my deductible is like a grand

Id loose both Brian...id at least TRY to get my cash. Maybe he was just taking it around the block, really not messing around (either way shouldnt have) but as a friend id pay for the damages to the car. Even if i was just taking it around the block, heck if i drove it off the drive way and something happend thats in my control...well its still my fault and i would pay.

451-74Charger

Just ask him if "SHE" was worth it. Surely that would be the reason he would want to drive your Charger (to impress a woman).

He he wont pay, he's no friend.
These cars are getting harder to find in good condition, friends like him are easier
:slap:

firefighter3931

This just seems like a raw deal all around.  :eek2: Your car got hurt and someone you thought was a friend is just shining you on and won't man up.  :down:

Time to cut your losses and move on....it sucks !  :brickwall:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

RECHRGD

The guy has no integrity.  Regardless of excuses, he STOLE you car and damaged it.  That is not a friend.  It's nice that he was providing free storage for you, but that doesn't excuse what he did or his refusal to pay for his little joy ride.  Write him off!  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

268RTs4ME

To Me he is not Your FRIEND, a friend is someone who is there for you and you for them through thick or thin, give up on trying to get him to pay, it already stared out negative, would cost you more time and funds to do small claims court, the keys were left ther so he could move it out of his way, in the event it was in his way, not to go stone cruisen in it, I would be highly pissed myself, let it go, pay backs are hell one way or the other, you know a time thing, when oppourtunity knocks its hammer down time, Don't get mad is my thinking, I get even,, even it it takes me 5 years.

lisiecki1

I'm on board with everyone else on the thread.

Tiger's wife told me that 5 windows on your friends car cost about as much to replace as your hood though.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

moparstuart

I would bet the guy has been cruising the car when ever and all over , this is just what got him caught .  :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

MichaelRW

What is the going rate for car storage in your area? Find that out, deduct it from the cost to repair your car and tell your "friend" to pay you the difference. (yes, I am assuming the repairs will exceed the storage amount) If he refuses, sue him for the amount in small claims court.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

68pplcharger

That sucks!!! I think I would have accidentally fell, into his nicest car (with the shoulder into the fender,to incur the most damage), and sued his ass for negligence. I tripped on a kids toy etc. 

Really who needs friends like that @$$hole. A broken jaw would also work, Falling and trying to catch yourself (fist in jaw) of course.

six-tee-nine

just for a minute forget the fact that he wrecked your hood and misc. stuff.

If he thinks he can just take your car out for a spin without asking because he stores it for you for free, then he's an ass**le.
I don't need to draw a picture here, you can imagine for yourself how that kind of personality will change into an animal when behind YOUR steering wheel.
You probably can follow the black tire marks from 10 blocks away to his house......

It is hard to loose a person you tought was a good friend (since you were thinking he was helping you out), but when other people hurt your trust thats really hard.....
Sorry it had to happen to you....  You did the right thing about bringing it up because you are 100% right. But if that is his reaction, I'd make my conclusions..........get my car out of there ASAP and turn around and never look back.

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

resq302

Someone mentioned the word "stole your car".  In NJ, there is a statue for taking a vehicle without owners consent.  You might want to check with your local police department and see if you can press charges against him for either taking your vehicle without your consent or even criminal mischief/ property damages.  Your "friend" might change his thoughts once your get the police involved or he has a summons or pending charge against him.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bakerhillpins

Quote from: moparstuart on December 08, 2009, 12:21:18 PM
  I would bet the guy has been cruising the car when ever and all over , this is just what got him caught .  :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents:

:iagree:

He doesn't sound too much like a friend to me. Get the car back and dump the "friendship" as its obvious he doesn't see it that way. At least that's how I see it.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

PocketThunder

Or you could bang his girlfriend and that would just about even it up..  I'm just saying..?..??   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bakerhillpins

Quote from: resq302 on December 08, 2009, 01:35:49 PM
Someone mentioned the word "stole your car".  In NJ, there is a statue for taking a vehicle without owners consent.  You might want to check with your local police department and see if you can press charges against him for either taking your vehicle without your consent or even criminal mischief/ property damages.  Your "friend" might change his thoughts once your get the police involved or he has a summons or pending charge against him.

Make sure you pick up the car BEFORE dropping that bomb!  :yesnod:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

resq302

Quote from: bakerhillpins on December 08, 2009, 01:37:31 PM
Quote from: resq302 on December 08, 2009, 01:35:49 PM

Make sure you pick up the car BEFORE dropping that bomb!  :yesnod:

Ryan already said in a far earlier post that he has picked up the car.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ryan

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 08, 2009, 01:37:26 PM
Or you could bang his girlfriend and that would just about even it up..  I'm just saying..?..??   :shruggy:

LOL, maybe if she wasnt twice my size  :eek2:

2014 viper TA

FastbackJon

Quote from: Ryan on December 08, 2009, 02:25:48 AM
Quote from: Steelshanks on December 08, 2009, 12:40:28 AM

He made a mistake and broke something. NOT a freak accident. Did he even understand that he didn't lock the hood down correctly? Sounds like he just thinks the latch failed.

I don't really see why he needed the keys if you were storing it anyhow.

Its funny actually, when he told me about it the first time he told me that he forgot to latch it down, then later when I bring money into it he says that it was a freak accident and was just his dumb luck.

I left the keys there just in case the place was to catch on fire, thats about it

This was my thought, if I let someone store my car and then I gave them the keys to it, I would just assume they're driving it. If there's a fire, at least homeowner's insurance would cover it.

I don't even like it when speedy auto glass tells me their windshield install is going to take all day because they want to take precious care of my collector vehicle so it's better if I drop it off with the keys and leave it there for a few hours.

Also, if you want to know how much he's been driving it, ask his neighbors.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

SFRT

well..a guy that fucks up your car, then lies about it , then doesnt offer to fix it is an asshat, plain and simple. Your better off not knowing that dude. beat his ass if you can avoid getting arrested over it.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us