News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More LED's..Front Park lamps

Started by dkn1997, December 07, 2009, 04:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

I love the design of the 2nd gen parking light as far as looks, but for function, I'd feel better having something brighter.
I already have H1/H4 bulbs for headlights and LED tailights (not bulbs, but LED lenses with lights built in)

I really want to do the front park lamps but I don't want to just do bulbs The way the housing is designed, it has the solid fratzog right in the middle.  incandescent lights work well with this design because they put light out everywhere.  I just don't think a small LED replacement bulb would do well.  I was thinking of adapting something to fit and I found these:

they come in wide and narrow beam. I'm thinking narrow, what do you think?  I can secure it in the housing pretty easy, I can get them with a plug and play base, and they have 30 led's each, spread out over 1 1/2" square

RECHRGED

Steelshanks

What do they run? $$

Also is the board slightly curved or something cause I know LED's are directional so you only get a good light where they are points and a board with a slight curved would increase the spread.
Confucius say: "Man who stand on toilet high on pot..."

My 1st Gen Resto Thread

WHITE AND RED 69

Is there a link to the site that sells these? This is something I'd like to get as well. Thanks
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

dkn1997

Quote from: Steelshanks on December 07, 2009, 05:11:20 PM
What do they run? $$

Also is the board slightly curved or something cause I know LED's are directional so you only get a good light where they are points and a board with a slight curved would increase the spread.

They are about $20.00/each 

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fother_bulbs.htm%23pcb

Not curved though. 
RECHRGED