News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Could'nt pass it up......fun toy for next summer

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, December 07, 2009, 01:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Hope I don't get bashed to hard on this one not being a Mopar but also being into Buicks I could'nt pass up on a car.
It is a 69 Buick Special Deluxe(Skylark) w/a pretty decent 455" that is mostly for the track but is for the street as well,with everything working,lights,wipers,heater,radio,etc.Bought it from a friend of a friend that has owned it for 22 years and wanted to get something more modern that has A/C and that he can take his family for long rides in.
  It is a .040 over 455,stock iron heads w/larger SS valves,T/A Performance cam,intake,and headers.Brand new AED 100cfm carb,aftermarket alum radiator,turbo 400 ,10'' 3800 convertor,big alum pan,Dennys driveshaft,12 bolt,Moser axles,fuel cell,Weld wheels,etc,etc,etc.
Very clean,solid car other than needing new 1/4's because of some rust around the wheel wells(also came with car).
Car runs high 11's,110-111 mph,high 1.5's for 60' times,on pump gas, and has great street manners.

I could'nt pass it up as what I paid for the car is less than what he had in the motor.Unfortunately as the usual things that happen when you build a car like this,you pour alot of $$$ in and pretty much take a loss upon selling.
I missed having a car like this to go have some fun and beat on,so being turn-key my plans are to do a quick body/paint(orig color -lime mist) ,register and take it to the track and cruise nights.

69 OUR/TEA

pics.....

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69bronzeT5

I'm a huge closet Buick fan. My main favorites being the '70 GSX and GS. I love that Skylark though :drool5: :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 07, 2009, 01:26:09 PM
I'm a huge closet Buick fan. My main favorites being the '70 GSX and GS. I love that Skylark though :drool5: :2thumbs:

Figured you'd would,it was made in Canada!!!!!

69bronzeT5

I had a factory '69 shroud sitting around for years. We bought it when we were restored my dad's friend's '70 GSX.....I finally sold it for $100 back in 2007.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Brock Samson

that's a nice Buick! I like how it's done up too!  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

That thing looks sooooo much like a car that belonged to a guy I knew 25 years ago.  So much so that I'm printing the photo off to show it to him.  Right down to having similar wheels and the cowl induction hood.  His wasn't blacked off though, it was all sort of that primer gray and he had a 454 Chev in it.
Thanks for the nostalgia trip.  :icon_smile_big:

BB1

Delete my profile

Cooter

Original Owner still owns it and it has the ORIGINAL PAINT!!!

455 C.I. Auto, bought it for his wife, she drove it in down town city parking and it still looks like this...

The guy that ran this car through PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection)at the dealer was at this show...

Nice Score on your '69 Buick BTW...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

OMG!!  :o I LOVE THAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

69 OUR/TEA

Would love to someday own a real 70 GSX,it is my 2nd fav choice of a musclecar to have.

RJS

Looks like a very cool car!!!  Oh and your secret's safe with me :icon_smile_wink:

69 OUR/TEA

OMG!!!  :o triple black stage1 buick !!!Killer looking!!!!

69 OUR/TEA

jb666,you're right above me,come visit CT Mopar shows and cruises next year!!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yep I was there to pick up that one....sweet ride :drool5:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: Cooter on December 07, 2009, 05:52:08 PM
Original Owner still owns it and it has the ORIGINAL PAINT!!!

455 C.I. Auto, bought it for his wife, she drove it in down town city parking and it still looks like this...

The guy that ran this car through PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection)at the dealer was at this show...

Nice Score on your '69 Buick BTW...

Spying the chrome air cleaner lid and valve covers denotes that it is a Stage 1 also!!!!!!

RJS

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on December 07, 2009, 07:34:17 PM

He means this one:

69 OUR/TEA

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on December 07, 2009, 09:05:37 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on December 07, 2009, 07:44:29 PM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on December 07, 2009, 07:34:17 PM

Huh?????

Umm...I went with RJS to pick it up near Ohio ;)

Oh,must have been a fun trip.It's funny,Buicks are hardly talked about in the hobby,yet there's ones that surface here and there from time to time.Seems like the Skylarks,either you had one,or a friend or family member did!!!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

yep definitely the "sleeper" of the GM muscle car world
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

The70RT

NICE. I have always like The 70's Buicks and Olds. I had a GS like that one one time with a 455. I have had others too. This is one of the few GM's I have now. I am not a real lover of green but it is the original color. For having only 6K in it Im stoked. :2thumbs: If things don't turn around it will be sold to finish the Charger....the ole lady gave me the go ahead because it is hers. I have to restore a 68 vert later down the road for her if it happens but probably couldn't get what it's worth now......so  :-\
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us