News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MOPAR JOHNS B5 DAYTONA RESTORATION!!

Started by Mopar John, December 07, 2009, 09:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

ORIGINAL DEALER ITEMS!
During my search for more NOS I was able to find some original dealer items! The first item is a Dodge dealer used car flag that was hung on the antennas of the used cars out on the lot! The second item is a pad of window stickers also for the used cars when they were having a sale. These would have the sale price and payment info. The last item is a double sleeve made of plastic. One part is clear and the other has the white and red Dodge logo? I am trying to figure out what this was used for or what part of a car it was slid over? If you have any ideas let me know.
Thanks! MJ

Mopar John

OIL CHANGE DECAL!
Recently I was also able to purchase an original dealership oil change decal from a retired mechanic. In the day these were attached to the back side of the drivers door. Now days they use a clear cling on that is usually placed up on the inside corner of the windshield. I have attached a picture of the NOS decal and another of the R4 Daytonas door with a couple of the original oil change stickers still in place!

nascarxx29

Good finds  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: I found a Plymouth Troubleshooting contest pennant.I tried to get a set of tools the guy had from the trouble shooting contest.I do have a vintage hatcher mills Scat pack jacket.And My plaster Joe Higgins dodge safety sheriff

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: nascarxx29 on March 11, 2011, 10:31:03 AM
Good finds  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: I found a Plymouth Troubleshooting contest pennant.I tried to get a set of tools the guy had from the trouble shooting contest.I do have a vintage hatcher mills Scat pack jacket.And My plaster Joe Higgins dodge safety sheriff

I was actually in the Plymouth AAA trouble shooting contest in Iowa circa 1989. My certificate still hangs in the office at the shop. I still say we would have won if it werent for the fact that the gave us a faulty tps to replace the defective one we diagnosed on the car. The accidentally gave us a bad one and when it was all said and done there was nothing to be done. They said sorry about that and we went home in 3rd place instead of winning it all.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

nascarxx29

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: I wasnt aware they did it into the 80-s.You always see the lines of 69's with troubleshooters competing

nascarxx29

But found it was going on in 1979 .I would think all the memorabila trophys and watches etc are collectible now
http://brucewalz.com/ptsc1979.html

Charger-Bodie

Not too long after I graduted a friend of mine did it and it was Ford and AAA then.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Black Charger

I know it's been a long time since I posted here but I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed the article on your Daytona in the new issue of Mopar Collector's Guide! As soon as I saw a blue Daytona under the words "rescued from an impound lot" I had a hunch it was your car. Congratulations!!!

Mopar John

Quote from: Black Charger on March 16, 2011, 02:35:38 AM
I know it's been a long time since I posted here but I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed the article on your Daytona in the new issue of Mopar Collector's Guide! As soon as I saw a blue Daytona under the words "rescued from an impound lot" I had a hunch it was your car. Congratulations!!!
Thanks on the Daytona being in this month's Mopar Collectors Guide! The pictures were taken shortly after the awards ceremony at the Mopar Nationals. MCG had some other Daytona articles to run and wanted to spread them out. There were the vinyl top Daytonas and then the mod top Daytona also! We are glad that it finally made it in! For those who have followed my story on this post there will not be much that you don't already know! In case you don't subscribe to MCG I have attached pictures of the cover of the issue it's in and the article!
MJ

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Aero426

Congrats to you John and Linda on the magazine spread!

maxwellwedge

Congrats John - Have you had the phone call from In The News yet?   :lol:

tan top

Quote from: Mopar John on March 22, 2011, 12:59:17 PM
Quote from: Black Charger on March 16, 2011, 02:35:38 AM
Thanks on the Daytona being in this month's Mopar Collectors Guide! The pictures were taken shortly after the awards ceremony at the Mopar Nationals. MCG had some other Daytona articles to run and wanted to spread them out. There were the vinyl top Daytonas and then the mod top Daytona also! We are glad that it finally made it in! For those who have followed my story on this post there will not be much that you don't already know! In case you don't subscribe to MCG I have attached pictures of the cover of the issue it's in and the article!
MJ

great stuff John  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nascarxx29

Mopar John

Thanks to all on the kind words on our Daytona magazine article!  :2thumbs:
MJ

Mopar John

Quote from: maxwellwedge on March 23, 2011, 09:12:54 PM
Congrats John - Have you had the phone call from In The News yet?   :lol:
Jim,
It's funny you mention " IN THE NEWS" ! This is how we first found out the magazine was out and that our Daytona article was in it! Yes, they have called several times trying to get us to purchase one of their article displays. I have received a letter from another company with a similar product and no pricing info? I havn't really decided what to do yet other than buy a few extra copies of the magazine.
MJ

Mopar John

ANOTHER GOOD GUY ALERT!
A while back I was browsing for Daytona NOS on EBAY and came across a bulk roll of windshield washer hose! Thinking that HEMIGENO ( Gene Lewis ) may be after the same item I sent him an e-mail to make sure we wouldn't bid each other into outer space on the item. Sure enough he was watching the hose and going to bid on it! I told him I wouldn't bid on it if he would sell me a length for my Daytona. There was enough hose to do 4 cars by my measurements. Gene agreed and won the auction at a reasonable price. Gene is a very busy guy with this site, restoring several cars and his buisness. He sent me an e-mail that he shipped the hose and after a couple of weeks I checked back with him and I should have had it? I contacted UPS and they said it was delivered to the back porch? I started a search and found it out in the snow! Yesterday I finally had a chance to install it on the Daytona! This NOS hose has a yellow color code stripe on it so I put it stripe side down just to avoid controversy. I took a picture of it and some repro hose side by side. If you can make out the details there is a big differance in the ribbing molded into the hose! HEMIGENO NEVER CHARGED ME FOR THE SHIPPING OR MY PORTION OF THE HOSE!
THANKS! MOPAR JOHN  :2thumbs:

hemigeno

No problem John - just "paying it forward".  Lots of folks have helped me out a ton too.

I'm just glad that UNPS (United Neanderthals Parcel Service) didn't destroy it in the process of getting it to you.  They seem to be pretty good shots, though - to sling that envelope out the window as they drove by and getting fairly close to the back porch is tough for most folks.

BTW, it looks good on the car!!!

:cheers:

Oh - and something else I've been meaning to follow up on:

tan top

:coolgleamA:   so the windshield washer hose  does have a yellow stripe  :o   always wondered  as mine had a very faint yellow stripe after i cleaned the original with laqurer thinner :scratchchin:  never got an answer to this before  :coolgleamA:  though someone might just cut a length of vacume hose , cause the original was split

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,20905.0.html

sorry for the sort of hijack  MJ  :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mopar John

Quote from: hemigeno on March 31, 2011, 01:06:00 PM
No problem John - just "paying it forward".  Lots of folks have helped me out a ton too.

I'm just glad that UNPS (United Neanderthals Parcel Service) didn't destroy it in the process of getting it to you.  They seem to be pretty good shots, though - to sling that envelope out the window as they drove by and getting fairly close to the back porch is tough for most folks.

BTW, it looks good on the car!!!

:cheers:

Oh - and something else I've been meaning to follow up on:
Geno,
Thanks for the picture! I now have proof of the origin of the hose documented!
MJ

Mopar John

Quote from: tan top on March 31, 2011, 05:24:30 PM
   :coolgleamA:   so the windshield washer hose  does have a yellow stripe  :o   always wondered  as mine had a very faint yellow stripe after i cleaned the original with laqurer thinner :scratchchin:  never got an answer to this before  :coolgleamA:  though someone might just cut a length of vacume hose , cause the original was split

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,20905.0.html

sorry for the sort of hijack  MJ  :cheers:
tan top,
I don't consider it a hijack but another verification of the proper washer hose! I am still looking for the hose that goes from the pump to the "F" fitting. It is slightly larger than the nozzle hoses. Did you clean that hose and find a differant color stripe on it as it is of a differant size?
Thanks! MJ

djcarguy

the double sleeve plastic----   dodge special bag??? my bet it was just closed in and held by top of door glass and used to hold papers or discount sale price card? :Twocents:

IF SUPERBIRD IS STILL TOGETHER AND RUNNING? WHY NOT LEAVE IT AS A OLDER RESTO AND NOT SO GREAT WEATHER CAR FOR RUNS AND OUTING??

AND AS THE RED DAYTONA IS 4 TIMES RARER  THAN A SUPERBIRD AND NOT SEEN OUT AND ABOUT FOR MANY ,MANY,MANY ,YEARS,RESTORE IT OR CUSTOM PINK PAINT IT AND SHOW THE 2 DAYTONAS? :Twocents:

GREAT LOOKING B5 AND GTX RACE CAR ,ALL THE BEST ON THE BUILDS AND ENJOY SEEING WING CARS LIVE AGAIN.

Mopar John

Quote from: djcarguy on April 09, 2011, 06:26:45 AM
  the double sleeve plastic----   dodge special bag??? my bet it was just closed in and held by top of door glass and used to hold papers or discount sale price card? :Twocents:

IF SUPERBIRD IS STILL TOGETHER AND RUNNING? WHY NOT LEAVE IT AS A OLDER RESTO AND NOT SO GREAT WEATHER CAR FOR RUNS AND OUTING??

AND AS THE RED DAYTONA IS 4 TIMES RARER  THAN A SUPERBIRD AND NOT SEEN OUT AND ABOUT FOR MANY ,MANY,MANY ,YEARS,RESTORE IT OR CUSTOM PINK PAINT IT AND SHOW THE 2 DAYTONAS? :Twocents:

GREAT LOOKING B5 AND GTX RACE CAR ,ALL THE BEST ON THE BUILDS AND ENJOY SEEING WING CARS LIVE AGAIN.
djcarguy,

Thanks for all the feedback! The Superbird had some questionable body work by me many years ago! If you go way back to the start of my story you will see pictures of patched quarter panels and an Imperial hood turned upside down for a trunk floor! At least it was all MOPAR! I have collected a lot of NOS and great used for this project also. In addition when the Daytona was being restored I came across the NOS Superbird nosecone. We were running low on money so I sold the original cone and rubstrip off the Superbird to buy more Daytona NOS. So now I'm committed to restoring it and doing it right this time! Hopefully we will get to the red Daytona after that and have them all done? You never know what life will throw at you? Thanks!
MJ

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mopar John on April 12, 2011, 10:56:01 AM
... You never know what life will throw at you? Thanks!
MJ

No truer words spoken........ Well,, ok,,, written !!!!  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection