News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

An amazing several minute run through Paris in a Ferrari 275 GTB

Started by MichaelRW, December 04, 2009, 07:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelRW

I couldn't believe how lucky this guy was. Oh, he's a great driver but he ran numerous red lights, any of which could have been his Waterloo.

http://file-magazine.com/tv/c%E2%80%99etait-un-rendez-vous
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

RD

idk.. sounds like a fake soundtrack to a slow car.. the rpm's dont match the terrain in regards to speed and ground traveled.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Mr.Woolery

-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

Aero426

Quote from: RD on December 04, 2009, 08:44:42 PM
idk.. sounds like a fake soundtrack to a slow car.. the rpm's dont match the terrain in regards to speed and ground traveled.

The film is the real deal. 

BB1

Looks like it was filmed in the 70ds, I saw a 72 Mustang go by.
Delete my profile

Aero426

Quote from: BB1 on December 05, 2009, 10:34:53 AM
Looks like it was filmed in the 70ds, I saw a 72 Mustang go by.

It was done about 1976.    It has been a cult classic for years.   

LeadfootBob

The film is the real deal, but NOT with a Ferrari.... So yeah, the engine noise is fake.
Plenty of copycats, notably "Ghost Rider" who did/does this kind of thing on a motorcycle for profit in Sweden and Europe.
Stone cold crazy, IMHO....  :rotz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShacMAn_HK8
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

RD

Quote from: LeadfootBob on December 05, 2009, 04:44:39 PM
The film is the real deal, but NOT with a Ferrari.... So yeah, the engine noise is fake.
Plenty of copycats, notably "Ghost Rider" who did/does this kind of thing on a motorcycle for profit in Sweden and Europe.
Stone cold crazy, IMHO....  :rotz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShacMAn_HK8

that is what i was saying.. the rpm and shift's did not and are not conducive to the speed traveled.  The "ferrari" was pulling around 5k and yet he passed by cars like he was doing 45mph... "Gone in 60 Seconds" the original was better than this film.. hell.. bullitt kicked its butt in my opinion (and they had alot of shifts.. that mustang was a 8 spd right? :D ).  No dissing on the initial post.. just not as realistic.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Mr.Woolery

Though not as realistic in the audio department as Bullitt, it's more realistic than Bullitt at the core for one reason--Rendezvous was filmed in one take, without permission from any authorities, and without any public road closures.

The chase scenes in Bullitt were done on closed public roads with all cars involved being driven by stuntmen.  In Rendezvous, the only stuntman used was the driver...all cars that were passed/cut off/nearly hit during the filming were members of the public who were unaware of the movie being filmed--thus, more realistic.

The guy who made Rendezvous was wanted by the French authorities for years as a result...it was notorious kinda like the early Gumball Rally was in the US around the same time.
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

Mike DC

The speed of this clip actually averaged like 45mph.  Somebody with a big brain did the math on it once. 

The camera is really low to the ground and that accentuates the speed.  (Think about being in a commercial airliner - you're going several hundred mph and yet when you look a the ground you barely even seem to move.  It's because the ground is several miles away from your eye.) 

45mph, 500 mph . . .  either way he was doing the run through Paris about as fast as the vehicle could do it. 

MichaelRW

Thanks for the education guys. I never heard of this movie before.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........