News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird back window stainless trim, available?

Started by FJ5WING, December 04, 2009, 10:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

does anyone know where the rear window trim can be had?  :shruggy: I wondering what the clone guys are using(Other than you Stuart! :icon_smile_wink:)

:scratchchin: on a clone project but want to know what Im getting into. seems everything is there but the back window trim.
wingless now, but still around.

Aero426

BE & A has talked about it.  When Iasked about it at the nats, they said it was still a possibility.   I don't think it would be any less than $1000 a set.   Maybe more.

superbirdtom

I know that janek used too sell some poly one that was plastic chromed then clear coated.  but :shruggy:

FJ5WING

thanks guys!

I didnt see anything on janeks site.

Doug that sounds reasonable since I would have no alternative. Im so happy my current car dosnt need any of the specialty parts. :angel:

nascarxx29

The one top piece Is was able to cut down and file cant recall what side it was it L or Rt.Came a road runner.Bottoms are unique
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

Quote from: FJ5WING on December 04, 2009, 10:48:01 AM
does anyone know where the rear window trim can be had?  :shruggy: I wondering what the clone guys are using(Other than you Stuart! :icon_smile_wink:)

:scratchchin: on a clone project but want to know what Im getting into. seems everything is there but the back window trim.
i took the easy way out  , no hand finger moldiing , no chrome and no plug   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

62 Max

You can make both top pieces if you don't mind using a 1" piece of stainless to connect.The driver side slides into the passenger side as do all top 68/70 b-body.The connecter piece can be cut off the 68/70 passenger side.Most would never notice the difference.The bottom pieces,good luck. :icon_smile_big:

nascarxx29

Good info for the replicas .When I done it I need a original top piece .The piece I had was trash but the original.And used a piece and shortened and filed it
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

billssuperbird

FJ5WING

Bill,
Your car was the car I was trying to picture because i dont know of too many bird clones.

have any pics you can post?

Hemidog

I remember that the Goldberg/YearOne Superbird had difficulties finding rear window trim, and they ended up using a late-model rubber window seal that had a chrome insert.

DonC1

You've got a couple of ' non stock ' options here..
One is to take a template of the rear plug outline and have a piece of aluminum blank lazer cut to the correct width size perhaps with the Nascar vertical bands cut in..or not, another is take the pattern and pics to a specialized metal shop and have them make the trim on a pullmax machine with the step pressed in. Attachment possibilities can vary from hidden tabs to adhesive etc.

oldcarnut

When I drove to wingcarfab to pick up a couple fenders that he had at his shop,  Jack was making a set for someone.  You could try him to see what he has in stock or if he still makes them.  Was a real nice guy to talk with.  Showed me around his shop and took a little chit chat time with me.
http://www.wingcarfab.com/superbird_parts.html

rav440

Quote from: FJ5WING on December 04, 2009, 05:27:29 PM
Bill,
Your car was the car I was trying to picture because i dont know of too many bird clones.

have any pics you can post?

here are pic of BILLS SB i wish i would have gotten better pics of the molding but this all i have

i hope these help
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

FJ5WING

GREAT INFO!!!
Thanks to everyone, unfortunatly Ive had to bail on my plans on getting into another project.