News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

transmission help PLEASE!!!!!!

Started by cpthowdy1369, January 26, 2010, 02:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpthowdy1369

Hey guys, I'm putting the front clutch back together in my 1974 727 transmission.  I'm having trouble with the number of fiber clutches that need to be put in it.  The book is telling me I need 4 fiber clutches; I only pulled out 3 fiber clutches when disassembling the transmission.  When I put 4 in the drum, there is no room for the retaining ring.  How many clutches go in a front clutch drum for a 383 engine?
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

RD

just three, for yours that is, and that is all you need.  i wont go into all the details as i dont think you need to really be inundated with tranny jargon, soooo.... just put back the number you took out.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

cpthowdy1369

Thank you for your help.  I really do appreciate it.
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

RD

np mate, that is why i get paid the big.. oh forget it.. its all free :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander