News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Firecore 50 ignition wire demonstration (Video inside)

Started by firefighter3931, December 03, 2009, 11:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Hey guys, check out this video....amazing stuff.  :o

Rick was testing out some Firecores at a facility that houses several race teams including Top Fuel. Those engines use powerful Magneto boxes to fire the plugs. If there's any test that would tax the conductivity & integrity of an ignition wire this is it. The test facility was quite impressed with the results and who could blame them after seeing these results.  :2thumbs:

See for yourself :

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v605/sunroofgtx/Custom%20Wire%20Set/?action=view&current=SchumacherDay026.flv

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bull

Did they compare them to other brands on that bench?

Hemidog

vegasmike

Ron , you been telling me to get these for years. Were do I get them??  :scratchchin:

greenpigs

Mike, Ron is a dealer for Firecore 50 wires. And bull he has to have some way to help pay off the 572.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Troy

Quote from: bull on December 04, 2009, 03:16:36 PM
I don't think that's in the video but I'm sure all the wires get tested. Several Top Fuel and Pro Mod teams are using Firecore wires now so I guess they impressed someone. Look for the logo on the cars. I think Rick was saying that the coil wire gets changed every run and the entire set gets swapped out every weekend(?).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

flyinlow

Video is like accel wires. Just sits there and does nothing. Won't run. :brickwall:

Hughesnet sucks .  Blazing fast internet my a**.

So does the video look like Frankensteins lab ?

bull

Quote from: flyinlow on December 05, 2009, 12:16:57 PM
Video is like accel wires. Just sits there and does nothing. Won't run. :brickwall:

Hughesnet sucks .  Blazing fast internet my a**.

So does the video look like Frankesteins lab ?

Pretty much. It looks like a Jacob's Ladder once they bump that once electrode out to where there's about 8 inches of space between them.

firefighter3931

Quote from: bull on December 04, 2009, 03:16:36 PM

Yes they did....and they will now be running Firecores exclusively  :coolgleamA:

Quote from: Troy on December 05, 2009, 10:53:58 AM

Several Top Fuel and Pro Mod teams are using Firecore wires now so I guess they impressed someone. Look for the logo on the cars. I think Rick was saying that the coil wire gets changed every run and the entire set gets swapped out every weekend(?).

Troy

That is correct....many race teams are using the Firecore product with excellent results. The durability of these wires is much better than what has been used in the past.  :2thumbs:

Quote from: vegasmike on December 04, 2009, 11:44:27 PM
ron , you been telling me to get these for years,were do I get them

Mike, sent you a pm....you've got mail !  ;)

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Roth68rt

Hey Ron, I would be interested in a set as well, need supression wires though.  Steve

firefighter3931

Quote from: Roth68rt on December 07, 2009, 10:43:55 PM
Hey Ron, I would be interested in a set as well, need supression wires though.  Steve

Steve, send me a pm with your engine details ; headers or manifolds/smallblock or big block/distributor/coil etc...

Thanks, Ron

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Belgium R/T -68

When I was testing for spark by turning the distributor by hand the spark was the biggest one I ever seen. :2thumbs:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Brickster

Do they produce a measureable gain on the dyno? I remeber in Smokey Yunick's book he has a story about creating a plasma ignition system that would allow crazy lean ignition but it didn't prove to be useful for what he was after.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Brickster on December 13, 2009, 03:22:04 PM
Do they produce a measureable gain on the dyno?

Yes they do....in most cases the jetting needs to be adjusted to compensate for the increased spark energy.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

sunroofgtx

Hi guys, thanks for all of the nice comments. Yes, the tests were done with several different "top sellers" on the market. We melted spark plugs and burned up wires for 6 hours.. Very fun. Even Ace McCulloch loved the results. Each team ordered sets to last 1/2 of the 2010 season, and two more Abu Dabi T/F teams ordered a dozen sets.

However, this is not where most of our business comes from. The majority of our customers come from guys that are reading these posts. Guys that wrench on their cars on the weekends. The average muscle car enthusiast and weekend drag racer is where 80% of our business comes from. This is where customer service and personal attention is really noticed and appreciated. Because they can call and the people on the other side of the phone work and race the same cars you guys do. The 8.5mm FireCore50 on the Top Fuel cars is the same wire that is on Ron's car, and 100% of the other customers on board here. Unless they are running our Factory looking 8mm 250 ohm. I've got dozens of video's of the tests. We won't name names, but they were blue, red and black that we tested against.  :angel:  Thanks for posting, Ron.   :cheers:

Steve P.

WOW!!! Very impressive... I would LOVE to see them against the daily driver/local auto parts junk... I sold BELDON wires for years with good results and I can tell you a good wire makes all the difference. I'd love to see them against the Beldon wires.. They were off the shelf, but hard to find and about half the price of Axcell and MSD... AXE-el is about the least impressive wire I've seen. I reallllly want to see that vid.. hahahahaha....

How much juice was being put through the wire?? 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida