News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SCORE!!! ITS GONNA BE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AT MY HOUSE!!!!!

Started by Lizey, December 03, 2009, 07:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Khyron on December 06, 2009, 02:00:07 PM
Quote from: RD on December 06, 2009, 11:43:50 AM
HOLY CRAP!!! DUDE THAT IS BADAZZ!!!  got any interior pics?

hehe here it is at the show... again, for the non believers :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my_J7lmd_-4

unfortunatly I didn't get any pictures of it... I left the camera in the Charge r:-P

My GOD :o  Thats nothing more than an engine stand with rubber wheels holding a Hemi.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

jeryst

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 07, 2009, 06:45:21 AM
Quote from: Khyron on December 06, 2009, 02:00:07 PM
Quote from: RD on December 06, 2009, 11:43:50 AM
HOLY CRAP!!! DUDE THAT IS BADAZZ!!!  got any interior pics?

hehe here it is at the show... again, for the non believers :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my_J7lmd_-4

unfortunatly I didn't get any pictures of it... I left the camera in the Charge r:-P

My GOD :o  Thats nothing more than an engine stand with rubber wheels holding a Hemi.

No, it's a coffin with wheels and a hemi.

Lizey

could be bad news talked to my uncle today he said theres a chance that he cant get me a Hemi but if he cant he'll hook me up with a 340+6 or a 440   :'(
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

greenpigs

Try for a 68 or 69 440. Dont they have a lighter recipicating assemble?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

mauve66

Quote from: Charger440RDN on December 07, 2009, 01:33:55 AM
Quote from: mauve66 on December 06, 2009, 01:23:19 PM
Quote from: Charger440RDN on December 06, 2009, 02:44:08 AM
Don't stop with the Hemi, make it a 77 Daytona Charger and put a wing on it!! It would be the only 77 Daytona Charger hemi in the world!

there are several of them in Kansas City, there is a thread around here somewhere

I wanna see a picture of these 77 Daytona Chargers that you speak of

i tried to search for them but couldn't find them, maybe it was over on the 1st gen site, someone here must of seen them, its been in the past year at the latest i'm sure, someone said that a guy in Kansas city (i think) had done several of them, i think one was on ebay at the time of the thread
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Cooter

Quote from: greenpigs on December 07, 2009, 10:47:50 PM
Try for a 68 or 69 440. Dont they have a lighter recipicating assemble?

The only 440's that I know of that have heavy recipricating weights would be the HP engines with those heavy SIX PACK rods...As for the "LY" Pass. car rod engines, they are all pretty much the same As far as I know..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bull

Not to piddle on the campfire but how long has this engine been sitting around collecting rust/dust? It's cool that you got a real Hemi but speaking from experience you might want to carefully consider your options before trying to drop it in and roll so to speak. First off, someone might actually pay you a large sum of money to own this thing since it falls within a desirable date code range. Second, if it's been sitting for years, unless you rebuild it or at least carefully inspect it you run the risk of damaging it badly enough to junk it if you just try starting it up. I'm just sayin' this isn't some run-o-the-mill V8; it's pretty much the be-all legendary American powerhouse and if it were me I'd be treating it like, well, something very special. The whole thing to me kind of seems like a kid using gold nuggets to shoot at birds with a sling shot (if that makes any sense).

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Lizey

Quote from: bull on December 09, 2009, 03:29:13 AM
Not to piddle on the campfire but how long has this engine been sitting around collecting rust/dust? It's cool that you got a real Hemi but speaking from experience you might want to carefully consider your options before trying to drop it in and roll so to speak. First off, someone might actually pay you a large sum of money to own this thing since it falls within a desirable date code range. Second, if it's been sitting for years, unless you rebuild it or at least carefully inspect it you run the risk of damaging it badly enough to junk it if you just try starting it up. I'm just sayin' this isn't some run-o-the-mill V8; it's pretty much the be-all legendary American powerhouse and if it were me I'd be treating it like, well, something very special. The whole thing to me kind of seems like a kid using gold nuggets to shoot at birds with a sling shot (if that makes any sense).

the whole car/motor/everything are being completely rebuilt down to the last bolt so that is not an issue I have no intentions of starting the motor until it has been thoroughly gone through
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A