News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SCORE!!! ITS GONNA BE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AT MY HOUSE!!!!!

Started by Lizey, December 03, 2009, 07:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizey

ok ok my uncle bought this huge warehouse full of old MoPar stuff like 2 years ago for his business and there were about 40-50 engines in there, 2 of them being complete 426 Hemis... a '68 and a '70 (along with a 340 six pack, a 416 Wedge (???), and numerous 440s...all complete/running...) anyway we got to talking cars and i mentioned the '77 and joked "yeah a Hemi would be nice for it!" well he said "that could be done let me talk to some people" i took it as a joke but i just recieved an email from him today saying that the '68 is ALL MINE!! i just have to pay for shipping!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas everybody!!!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

SG1022

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Lizey

Quote from: SG1022 on December 03, 2009, 07:29:33 PM
You are dropping a hemo into a 77 

:icon_smile_blackeye:

a Charger's a Charger and a Hemi's a Hemi years make no difference to me (unless its newer than '78 anyway then not so much)
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Steelshanks

Quote from: Lizey on December 03, 2009, 07:27:17 PM
ok ok my uncle bought this huge warehouse full of old MoPar stuff like 2 years ago for his business and there were about 40-50 engines in there, 2 of them being complete 426 Hemis...

If any of the other engines need a home lemme know...   :yesnod:

:cheers:

Grats on the killer x-mas present
Confucius say: "Man who stand on toilet high on pot..."

My 1st Gen Resto Thread

Charger440RDN

The engine is worth a lot more than the car. You can sell a 68 hemi engine for $15-20,000 and if you drop the hemi in a 2nd gen you could have a car worth $50,000 plus

Lizey

Quote from: Steelshanks on December 03, 2009, 07:39:24 PM
Quote from: Lizey on December 03, 2009, 07:27:17 PM
ok ok my uncle bought this huge warehouse full of old MoPar stuff like 2 years ago for his business and there were about 40-50 engines in there, 2 of them being complete 426 Hemis...

If any of the other engines need a home lemme know...   :yesnod:

:cheers:

Grats on the killer x-mas present

he's hiring some guy to take inventory after that he's selling everything theres motors/trannys/body panels/assorted parts/rims/etc. etc. once he gets his numbers ill post everything up if anyones looking for stuff
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

Lizey

Quote from: Charger440RDN on December 03, 2009, 07:43:17 PM
The engine is worth a lot more than the car. You can sell a 68 hemi engine for $15-20,000 and if you drop the hemi in a 2nd gen you could have a car worth $50,000 plus

this is true but i love my '77 its been in the family since the early 80's someday when i can afford a second gen the Hemi will go in there and the 360 will go back in the '77 but right now why not have fun with it since i cant afford my #1 dream why not have the next best thing??
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

Charger440RDN

Quote from: Lizey on December 03, 2009, 07:45:31 PM
Quote from: Charger440RDN on December 03, 2009, 07:43:17 PM

this is true but i love my '77 its been in the family since the early 80's someday when i can afford a second gen the Hemi will go in there and the 360 will go back in the '77 but right now why not have fun with it since i cant afford my #1 dream why not have the next best thing??

No harm in that!! Who knows you may be able to get the car in Mopar Muscle magazine, there can't be too many 77 Chargers with a hemi out there.

mauve66

does schumacher make mounts for that, and what about the hesders????????????
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

RD

OMG!! THAT IS AWESOME!! I would love to see a 77 with a hemi in it. YOU GO LIZEY!!!

and yes mauve.. a guy with a 73 put a hemi in his.. the 77 and 73 have the same k member.

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69bronzeT5

You could totally sell the Hemi and buy a decent running driving Charger.... :Twocents: :shruggy: Any way it goes though....SCORE! :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

71ChallengeHer

G-man

Hi

They made chargers in 77 or did they make cars with charger badges in 77?  :scratchchin:

FLG

Quote from: G-man on December 03, 2009, 11:03:37 PM
Hi

They made chargers in 77 or did they make cars with charger badges in 77?  :scratchchin:

Your call

Honestly....after 74 everything went luxury. I think a Hemi in a 77 would have that cool WOW factor...but id go with either a 1'st-3rd gen to put it in. Especially 3rd gens...always look awesome with a hemi under the hood.

G-man

RD

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 03, 2009, 10:16:54 PM
You could totally sell the Hemi and buy a decent running driving Charger.... :Twocents: :shruggy: Any way it goes though....SCORE! :2thumbs:

would you sell it if it was a gift from your uncle?  not from family i wouldnt.

Quote from: G-man on December 03, 2009, 11:16:36 PM
Thats a CHARGER?

:smilielol:

Looks like some oldsmobile to me  :slap:

well at least the thing has two doors!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

motorcitydak

Just plan on seriously reinforcing the body for that Hemi. A '77 360 did not make much in the way of power. I know it was nothing close to what a '68 426 actually puts out(not the advertised HP/TQ)
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

dads_69

In the mid 80's a Dr. put a 426 Hemi in a Cordoba. Search Car-Craft or Hot-Rod magaine issues, you'll find it. It was cool, but also lame. It was his daily driver I believe, but still..... ::)

Congrats on your findings.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

6pkrunner

Quote from: dads_69 on December 04, 2009, 04:03:02 AM
In the mid 80's a Dr. put a 426 Hemi in a Cordoba.

There was one of those in Bridgewater here. And old Mopar guy from back in the 30s or 40s or so had a about 4 acres of all things Mopar. Tons of high po stuff. I remember he had a stack of 10 or 12 Swinger/GTS hoods alone. Like candyland for Mopar lovers. Anyway I did see his 426 in a Cordoba. He told me the 426 hung off a chain on a tree for years. Waited for a car he liked (and he had lots of Chargers, runners, bees, Demons, Darts to have used - probably somewhere in the neighbourhood of 120-150 hi-po cars) but put it in a Cordoba.
A few years later I took my son down to see his place but he had passed on and the place was cleaned out. Never did hear for sure what happened to the approx. 4 acres of stuff. Some locals said the dumpsters were working for weeks, other said it was a free for all. I know it was the biggest non-commercial Mopar hi-po junkyard around. Wished I had taken a camera.

71green go

:rotz: please nooooooo, A hemi deserves a much nicer home!......tell your Uncle you'll take a 383 or a 440....but spare the hemi!.....Maybe even a hot small block! 318.....340....360?, much easier

Brock Samson

wow that's great!
i CAN JUST IMAGINE a cordoba sleeper.  :D
instead of dog dishes you could put those faux wire wheel hubcapps on it, but better secure them well.
Imagine the hit that would be at shows.  :lol:

Lizey

Quote from: Brock Samson on December 04, 2009, 09:30:09 PM
wow that's great!
i CAN JUST IMAGINE a cordoba sleeper.  :D
instead of dog dishes you could put those faux wire wheel hubcapps on it, but better secure them well.
Imagine the hit that would be at shows.  :lol:

haha the wire wheels arent a bad idea but the things allready got Cragar S/S's on it so they're staying
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

moparguy01

put it in your acclaim and make it rear wheel drive. :D

Dough88

Duuude!  Score and Merry Christmas.  Don't listen to any of the haters.  A hemi in anything is cool.  Have fun and try not to scatter it.  You might find another car to put it in later if you want, but I dig the idea of that car with a hemi.   :yesnod:

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

G-man

Quote from: Dough88 on December 05, 2009, 12:21:44 AM
Duuude!  Score and Merry Christmas.  Don't listen to any of the haters.  A hemi in anything is cool.  Have fun and try not to scatter it.  You might find another car to put it in later if you want, but I dig the idea of that car with a hemi.   :yesnod:

Yeah, mayswell modify the front end of a Nissan and stick a hemi in that to yeah, i mean, after all, a hemi in anything is cool  :slap:

greenpigs

My uncles would laugh at me if I asked for a hemi as a gift. Kinda weird combo but who wants to see nothing but restored and GL chargers? Gotta mix it up some.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Khyron

Quote from: G-man on December 05, 2009, 04:34:40 AM
Yeah, mayswell modify the front end of a Nissan and stick a hemi in that to yeah, i mean, after all, a hemi in anything is cool  :slap:

I would just to piss people off :nana:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TheGhost

You fail.  Miserably.

I say do it.  How often do you see a 77 with any kind of HiPo engine?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Dough88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueUi_v6baUg&feature=related

Well this guy went with a 383 stroked out in his nissan.  Not really my style, but I like it better than a four banger.

And yeah, it'd be cooler with a hemi.   :icon_smile_wink:

RD

Dough88

OK, gonna hijack for just a sec.

List of things that would be cool with a Hemi:

'69 Charger - duh

'77 Charger - smoke 'em if ya got 'em (tires that is)

A new Nissan 350Z - I'd drive it

Any motorcycle - I wouldn't ride it, but I'd like to watch someone go down the strip

Go cart - gimme a helmet!

Lawn mower - I think the wife's gonna hate those ruts in the yard

Prius - this one's a stretch, but hang with me.  Firewall behind the front seats, blower sticking through the roof,  zoomie headers sticking through the quarter panels   WHEELSTANDER!  It's funny cuz it's wrong.

Pontiac Aztec - you could um,...um,...okay so maybe you have a point G-man

:icon_smile_big:

Charger440RDN

Don't stop with the Hemi, make it a 77 Daytona Charger and put a wing on it!! It would be the only 77 Daytona Charger hemi in the world!

SG1022

Quote from: Charger440RDN on December 06, 2009, 02:44:08 AM
Don't stop with the Hemi, make it a 77 Daytona Charger and put a wing on it!! It would be the only 77 Daytona Charger hemi in the world!
:puke:

TruckDriver

i love my '77 its been in the family since the early 80's someday when i can afford a second gen the Hemi will go in there and the 360 will go back in the '77 but right now why not have fun with it since i cant afford my #1 dream why not have the next best thing??

Quote from: Charger440RDN on December 03, 2009, 07:52:06 PM
No harm in that!! Who knows you may be able to get the car in Mopar Muscle magazine, there can't be too many 77 Chargers with a hemi out there.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Go for it! It's better then letting the engine just sit around, and rust. I don't understand what the big deal is with a lot of these guys. They always say "do what you want, it's yours". But I guess that all changes when a Hemi is involved. :shruggy:

Besides, I really like the '77 Charger in the picture :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RD

that is a great idea.

Khyron

Quote from: Dough88 on December 06, 2009, 12:37:51 AM

Prius - this one's a stretch, but hang with me.  Firewall behind the front seats, blower sticking through the roof,  zoomie headers sticking through the quarter panels   WHEELSTANDER!  It's funny cuz it's wrong.

OMFG! it's so whrong, what a waste blah blah blah

I saw this at lake george... it runs, this is NOT a photoshop.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

my point is... being original is cool! F the haters!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

RD

HOLY CRAP!!! DUDE THAT IS BADAZZ!!!  got any interior pics?

TheGhost

How in the hell...  The Hemi is almost as big as that Mini Cooper!

I guess with a sawzall and enough beer, anything is possible.  I'd almost be afraid to ride in that car.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

mauve66

there are several of them in Kansas City, there is a thread around here somewhere

here is a live version of the nissan pickup, i like it and i happen to have a furd ranger and a 383 in the charger when i want a 440 there anyway.................... :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6VdYAOw_TQ&NR=1

sorry for the hijack, not really cause others have already but anyway, merry xmas
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Lizey

Quote from: TruckDriver on December 06, 2009, 10:11:45 AM
i love my '77 its been in the family since the early 80's someday when i can afford a second gen the Hemi will go in there and the 360 will go back in the '77 but right now why not have fun with it since i cant afford my #1 dream why not have the next best thing??

Quote from: Charger440RDN on December 03, 2009, 07:52:06 PM
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Go for it! It's better then letting the engine just sit around, and rust. I don't understand what the big deal is with a lot of these guys. They always say "do what you want, it's yours". But I guess that all changes when a Hemi is involved. :shruggy:

Besides, I really like the '77 Charger in the picture :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

mines similar to that, white w/ white half vinyl top and a red interior

and i dig the '77 "Daytona" idea... if someones willing to put the wing on/make it look right
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

Khyron

Quote from: RD on December 06, 2009, 11:43:50 AM
HOLY CRAP!!! DUDE THAT IS BADAZZ!!!  got any interior pics?

hehe here it is at the show... again, for the non believers :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my_J7lmd_-4

unfortunatly I didn't get any pictures of it... I left the camera in the Charge r:-P

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Lizey

Quote from: Khyron on December 06, 2009, 02:00:07 PM

unfortunatly I didn't get any pictures of it... I left the camera in the Charge r:-P

the flaps on the blower didnt move when he revved it...???
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

Khyron

must be my eyes, cause i think i saw em move. they move fast.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger440RDN

Quote from: mauve66 on December 06, 2009, 01:23:19 PM

there are several of them in Kansas City, there is a thread around here somewhere

I wanna see a picture of these 77 Daytona Chargers that you speak of

G-man

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

What a way to stick $30 000 in the bin. Now i seen it all.

1969chargerrtse

My GOD :o  Thats nothing more than an engine stand with rubber wheels holding a Hemi.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

jeryst

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 07, 2009, 06:45:21 AM

My GOD :o  Thats nothing more than an engine stand with rubber wheels holding a Hemi.

No, it's a coffin with wheels and a hemi.

Lizey

could be bad news talked to my uncle today he said theres a chance that he cant get me a Hemi but if he cant he'll hook me up with a 340+6 or a 440   :'(
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

greenpigs

Try for a 68 or 69 440. Dont they have a lighter recipicating assemble?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

mauve66

Quote from: Charger440RDN on December 07, 2009, 01:33:55 AM
Quote from: mauve66 on December 06, 2009, 01:23:19 PM

I wanna see a picture of these 77 Daytona Chargers that you speak of

i tried to search for them but couldn't find them, maybe it was over on the 1st gen site, someone here must of seen them, its been in the past year at the latest i'm sure, someone said that a guy in Kansas city (i think) had done several of them, i think one was on ebay at the time of the thread
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Cooter

Quote from: greenpigs on December 07, 2009, 10:47:50 PM
Try for a 68 or 69 440. Dont they have a lighter recipicating assemble?

The only 440's that I know of that have heavy recipricating weights would be the HP engines with those heavy SIX PACK rods...As for the "LY" Pass. car rod engines, they are all pretty much the same As far as I know..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bull

Not to piddle on the campfire but how long has this engine been sitting around collecting rust/dust? It's cool that you got a real Hemi but speaking from experience you might want to carefully consider your options before trying to drop it in and roll so to speak. First off, someone might actually pay you a large sum of money to own this thing since it falls within a desirable date code range. Second, if it's been sitting for years, unless you rebuild it or at least carefully inspect it you run the risk of damaging it badly enough to junk it if you just try starting it up. I'm just sayin' this isn't some run-o-the-mill V8; it's pretty much the be-all legendary American powerhouse and if it were me I'd be treating it like, well, something very special. The whole thing to me kind of seems like a kid using gold nuggets to shoot at birds with a sling shot (if that makes any sense).

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Lizey

Quote from: bull on December 09, 2009, 03:29:13 AM
Not to piddle on the campfire but how long has this engine been sitting around collecting rust/dust? It's cool that you got a real Hemi but speaking from experience you might want to carefully consider your options before trying to drop it in and roll so to speak. First off, someone might actually pay you a large sum of money to own this thing since it falls within a desirable date code range. Second, if it's been sitting for years, unless you rebuild it or at least carefully inspect it you run the risk of damaging it badly enough to junk it if you just try starting it up. I'm just sayin' this isn't some run-o-the-mill V8; it's pretty much the be-all legendary American powerhouse and if it were me I'd be treating it like, well, something very special. The whole thing to me kind of seems like a kid using gold nuggets to shoot at birds with a sling shot (if that makes any sense).

the whole car/motor/everything are being completely rebuilt down to the last bolt so that is not an issue I have no intentions of starting the motor until it has been thoroughly gone through
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A