News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SCOW-2.0=new quarters and more

Started by SFRT, December 02, 2009, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Quote from: SFRT on December 07, 2009, 05:55:56 PM

after inspecting the quarters-no dents! it looks like a dent due to the reflections and the fact that those pices are from the backside. i was very relieved.

Awesome! I was pleased with my AMD fenders, no issues whatsoever.  Just wondering if the standards are holding after a year or so on the market.

Nice new pic! :o
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

firefighter3931

Excellent progress Frank !  :2thumbs: Looks like minor cleanup and the new sheetmetal can get hung.  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

SFRT

been repairing the various small rust areas...last few days

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SFRT

Rolfe's Prep Gal Maya stripping the roof

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Rolfes shop does a blog:

http://rolfejamesbrittain.blogspot.com/

he does great work. if you need stuff done in Northern California give him a shout
Always Drive Responsibly

Cooperman

Quote from: SFRT on December 07, 2009, 05:55:56 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on December 04, 2009, 06:05:59 PM
Looks like a pretty good dent in the rear of that new qtr.  Inquiring minds want to know.... you or them and the results if you called customer service, etc.....

Thanks for the pictures and turn on the noise redux on your camera or drop the ISO, that grain is blinding, :nana:

Can't wait to see more progress.  :2thumbs:

after inspecting the quarters-no dents! it looks like a dent due to the reflections and the fact that those pices are from the backside. i was very relieved.

Hey SFRT, Awesome progress man. I think this is the dent that MikePMCS was talking about. If you've checked the quarters out and they look ok, that's great, but we wouldn't want you to miss something. I think Mike is right - I'd be pushing CS for some cashback. Good luck!

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

FLG

Looking good!

Coop, might just be the light playing tricks on you  :2thumbs:

But worth a shot making sure, i doubt though you would have missed a dent like that.

SFRT

its an illusion. I carefully checked both quarters that after  he posted the pic and that dent does not exist. :shruggy:
Always Drive Responsibly

Cooperman

Great news SFRT!  :cheers: You're right, it would be difficult to miss a dent that size.

When are the quarters going on?
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

SFRT

been trying to find that rusted out hangerbracket, if the guy I talked to doesnt have it by saturday m we are just gping to make one, so the left quarter should be hung in a few days. then the other side. shooting for 1st week of January to get it in primer. I have all the replacement trim and windows..so once its painted it will go back together in a day or 2.
Always Drive Responsibly

PocketThunder

What color will it be?  Is it an original black car, i dont remember.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SFRT

originally it was butternut (?) yellow, with 1 blue repaint...the whole car will be shot with the single stage suede black...daily driver and weekend drags...I am not going to invest a lot of cash in a fancy paint job, rather put that money into more mechanical upgrades down the road. I'd rather have another 10 grand worth of say a Richmond 5 speed and ported heads and a gold plated fuel filter/diamond encrusted snafu pump or whatever instead of of glossy paint.

its been a good car..I drove it more or less daily for 1 year solid after the first  rebuild until we did this ..no problems at all.
Always Drive Responsibly

bull

I don't know where you're currently at on the project but one thing I like to tell people who are replacing quarter panels is that now is a good time to replace all that 1/4 window hardware if you can. You won't get at that stuff any easier than when the quarters are off.

b5blue

So do you use a new dutchman section and trunk gutters to a new rear tail light-lower valance-corner caps and then trunk lid? I'm wanting your luck that is sweet steel!  :2thumbs: Good to see you stuck the Rat Fink to the insurance company they been getting my money too long!

SFRT

Quote from: bull on December 18, 2009, 11:15:10 AM
I don't know where you're currently at on the project but one thing I like to tell people who are replacing quarter panels is that now is a good time to replace all that 1/4 window hardware if you can. You won't get at that stuff any easier than when the quarters are off.

yes I have a rebuild kit and some of those big rollers with the clip in them NOS going over there on monday or tuesday to do that.
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Quote from: b5blue on December 18, 2009, 11:39:56 AM
So do you use a new dutchman section and trunk gutters to a new rear tail light-lower valance-corner caps and then trunk lid? I'm wanting your luck that is sweet steel!  :2thumbs: Good to see you stuck the Rat Fink to the insurance company they been getting my money too long!

the trunk lid is cherry I did that last year. am replacing the 1/4 panels,1/4 pnel end caps, lower valance, corners, dutchman, bottom window channel and the trunk gutters. ordered all new green tint glass from AMD and have all the windshield, drip rail and rear window trim new repopped in stainless. All new emblems etc. So it should be really really clean and straight when we are done. also have a 70 R/T stripe in white...I am going totally ghetto and will run the stripe and the rt emblems...cuz thats how I roll. should look cool.
Always Drive Responsibly

b5blue

We think the same....maybe cuz were both west coasters.....just I'm west coast of Fl.  :lol: I also put more money in running gear than paint. Please post more great under construction pics if you can I have at least dutchman and gutters to do.  :2thumbs: PS How did your Art Show work out? You create some cool stuff!  :yesnod:

SFRT

I did well. Sold a ton of stuff. made about 40K.
Always Drive Responsibly

b5blue

I got areal hoot from Mickey Mau!  :cheers:

SFRT

okeedokee...holiday break is over and more happening witht he car....pretty much have all the old cancerous stuff off and we are starting to test fit the new stuff, repair the unibody nd so on

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT