News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's a 440 block worth ??

Started by 400/6/PAC, December 02, 2009, 03:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

400/6/PAC

Just wondering what a 440 BB with stock heads, intake, and crank would sell for.
No cam, Or timeing chain. pistons are there but a little pitted.
Thanks

flyinlow

' 77 440 ,cast crank, smog heads , last summer $200

gtx6970

depends on year, cast date, etc etc etc

Nacho-RT74

smog heads?... well, same heads ( basically ) than 69/71 period... and with hardened valve seats

SMOG PISTONS... yes, low compresion ones. Then the cast crank and Low performance cam. Some nice detail is they have ALREADY the intake for SPREADBORE carb :D

getting a forged unit, camshaft and right pistons and will get back same earlier magic. Crankshaft change not really required, but wished
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

FLG

Not to hijack, but had same question. Forgot year but mid-late 70's block, Maltese cross stampped on it  :shruggy: Think its undersized crank if im not mistaken? Worth the same as any other 440 block in those years i assume?

400/6/PAC

Quote from: RD on December 02, 2009, 08:12:37 PM
depends on where you are to boot!
Located in Dallas.
Ill get the date stamp and post it up.

Cooter

The Engines with all those factory "Stamps" I refer to as "Dirty" 440's and the ones with no "Stamps" I refer to as "Clean" 440s...

Clean or dirty, the first thing your gonna do is correct all the factory flaws, but that stamp is always there...Most times the Steel crank enignes with early cast dates go for more...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

HPP

Sure wish I could move the spare block I've got. '77 ,cast crank unit with everything but the intake. Been on craigslist for months at $150 and I've only had one email on it.

400/6/PAC

I just checked.
It's 9-25-1974
Cast crank

69chargerR/T

Quote from: HPP on December 03, 2009, 09:20:15 AM
Sure wish I could move the spare block I've got. '77 ,cast crank unit with everything but the intake. Been on craigslist for months at $150 and I've only had one email on it.

Where are you located, I my be interested.

HPP

Quote from: 69chargerR/T on December 03, 2009, 09:37:09 PM
Quote from: HPP on December 03, 2009, 09:20:15 AM

Where are you located, I my be interested.

Colorado Springs Colorado

I could ship it, but that would probably run a $500 or more.

greenpigs

700 for a complete running motor. Most stuff on craigslist will be a 73 - 78
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free