News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

i must be getting old...

Started by RD, December 02, 2009, 01:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

because i tell ya, i just have no patience with people anymore, in person or even some on forums.  i grow more cynical and disliking of people every day.  i read some posts on this forum ( i am, in no way, saying i am right, da bomb, my opinion is everything, or what have ya) and think to myself, "that person is a fricken moron," OR "you have got to be kidding me, stupid really does procreate" OR "man.. could you be more of an attention-whore than kanye west." 

Now, as ironic as this post may seem to that last quotation, I dont care if anyone answers or replies to this thread, so this is not attention seeking behavior to stroke my ego or to try and get me sympathy.  Instead, I want to know how many of you on this forum feel the same way as me? My chance to see if I am going into a mad, postal-worker mental rage, or i am inside the bell curve.

oh... and is it okay to just simply hate people just because you can?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Manfred318

No, I feel pretty much the same way. Im not that old (23) and I find myself having no patience for others stupidity, and most of the time I will tell these ass-hats that too. Id rather smack the piss out of em than look at em quite frankly. I try to stay away from people as much as I can, especially in large groups. Stupidity breeds in large groups. I say its alright to hate or dislike people because you can. I do it all the time. There are plenty of people I dont like because I simply can. Its not that they have ever done anything what so ever to me, I just dont like them.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

CB

Ow Jamey :scratchchin: I thought you were a man of God?
Just hating people because you can or feel like you can ???

I think maybe you got much more stress to deal with when getting older, no?

CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

dads_69

J man, if you haven;t noticed, I've felt that way about many people on lin ehere for years. I call 'em as I see 'em.
Some may say I'm very helpful with his/her questions, and some will say I'm an ass. So be it I say, life goes on.
I'm 42 now, I hear where your coming from though. Remember a while back, my wife is from where you are sort of, family chain I believe, last name related somehow down the line.
Now that should scare you enough to want to go out, have a few beers and drive 140 mph through town. I did it, try it bro'.  :D

What I have been told it your going through a mid life, I say B.S. We're men, shit happends that we can not control and it puts us over the edge sometimes and we burst.
I'll end for now, I think you get my point.

Life happends.

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

bull

Not me. I love everyone and think stupid loud-mouth morons are great.

Arthu®

Quote from: bull on December 02, 2009, 04:36:24 AM

:hah: I agree, also a very big fan of them
Striving for world domination since 1986

Tilar

I don't "hate" anyone, especially just because I can. BUT, I do find that regardless of what people think, Whoever said that there are no stupid questions apparently never met the same inquisitive idiots I have.

I'm 52 and it seems the older I get the less tolerant I am of stupid. I wish it were against the law.

Quote from: bull on December 02, 2009, 04:36:24 AM

Some of them are a great source of entertainment while others need to be sterilized so they cant pass those genes on to some innocent child.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1969chargerrtse

I'm 53 and I can't say I feel the same way.  What bothers me about people is selfishness, especially the rude way people drive.  Overall I'm o.k.  As for people that seem stupid to me?  I just believe deeply what comes around goes around so I try not to think or be rude.  Life is what you make it.  Simple as that.  If life hands you lemons, make Lemon aid.  The more you give of yourself, the more that comes back to you.  My life thoughts, now go hate me.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Cooter

I don't know bout the hating "Idiots", but I do know That looking at a computer screen, with a bunch of smiley's can't always get the correct emotion across that the poster was thinking when he/she posted..I've seen ALOT of people that are simply too high strung to handle this "Forum" thing..... :eek2:

Some people are Keyboard Bully's, some a are keyboard as*holes, some wouldn't be as much of the badass they think they are online in person.... :D

This very thing is how so many arguements/fights get started on forums/blogs etc. IMO.....Some people obviously think they are god's gift to forums/blogs....I offer my opinion afterall, if I didn't,Along with everybody else for fear of being "Hated", The Dodge Charger Forums would be one helluva lonely place... :Twocents:

My advice is if you don't want to see some really stupid people, then never go "Online"...I can assure you, they are everywhere..It's just all in how you handle them...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mike DC

"Some people are dumb."  

- Butthead

41husk

It gets worse for me this time of year.  With coaching, www.dodgecharger.com is the only car time I get.  The weather is to poor to drive and even if you get the rare nice day, it's either dark before you get out of practice or I have to many things that need to be tended to.  Spring and summer, I can drive and that seems to be caulming for me.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

b5blue

Your not getting "Old" your getting "Grouchy" now go change your "Depends" take your pills and get your nap.  :nana:

TruckDriver

I agree Jamey. I pretty much don't socialize with many people anymore myself. I have more on-line friends though, then I do here at home which is none as far as close friends, just a few acquittance's. With online, someone makes me mad, I just turn them off, or block them :lol:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BB1

Has Rowdy Gowdy been around?  :D     
Delete my profile

ITSA426

I thought I was getting old because I don't let as much little crap bother me and I've become more tolerant of almost everything.  Maybe I just try harder not to be the jerk I was.  It's easier to sleep at night.

Mr.Woolery

-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

Todd Wilson

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: ITSA426 on December 02, 2009, 11:18:18 AM
I thought I was getting old because I don't let as much little crap bother me and I've become more tolerant of almost everything.  Maybe I just try harder not to be the jerk I was.  It's easier to sleep at night.

I agree!   :yesnod: :yesnod:
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

69charger2002

i get sick of it too Jamey the older i get(i'm 32 now). i try hard not to post my first instincts sometimes after reading some posts, and i have to make myself refrain and be nice. I'm not perfect person by any means, but there are a lot of things i get aggravated about that used to roll off my shoulders. when i was 21 i could put up with just about anything, but it seems like each year i lose an extra grain of patience.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

RD

For those that are more positive, i admire you... and it is refreshing to see how you cope with  such things.

Quote from: CB on December 02, 2009, 02:14:09 AM
Ow Jamey :scratchchin: I thought you were a man of God?
Just hating people because you can or feel like you can ???

I think maybe you got much more stress to deal with when getting older, no?

CB

Oh I am a Christian, but that doesnt make me perfect.  I still wrestle with anger, frustration, temptation, lust, and everything else that all men wrestle with, I just have a ace in my pocket when it comes to helping me cope with these temptations / sins.  But please, do not think that just because I believe in God means that I do not get frustrated, angry, or royally upset when confronted with assinine individuals whose sole purpose is to make you miserable or to flaunt their arrogance.  Can I forgive them?  Yes and No.. but it ultimately is not my responsibility to be judge or jury in that.

Quote from: b5blue on December 02, 2009, 08:58:51 AM
Your not getting "Old" your getting "Grouchy" now go change your "Depends" take your pills and get your nap.  :nana:

THAT THERE WAS FUNNIER THAN HECK!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ultimately, its refreshing that some of you feel the same and the opposite.  I think being in the retail environment brings me to be confronted the "worst" of people and after a day's work of dealing with someone saying a part failed them because they were too stupid to install it right, then try and get them to understand said concept, only to have them whine about customer service.. is well, somewhat overwhelming.

OR

to come on this board and see some people post foolish and assinine rhetoric to either increase their post count, flaunt their lack of intelligence, do both of those, OR lastly just annoy people on purpose.. well that is somewhat overwhelming too.

I believe I am being hyper-critical / sensitive to this, that i do agree on if anyone of you have thought it, BUT i guess more than anything its the helplessness with these people that just sends me over the edge.  By helplessness I mean, I am unable to help them realize that what they are doing is either pissing people off, offending people, annoying people, or causing harm either directly or indirectly.  Reason being is this, no matter what I (or you) may try to get them to see how their behavior is offensive or detrimental, THEY DONT GIVE A SHIT.  That is what irritates me to no end.

the lack of an individuals ability to review or evaluate their own behavior in relation to how it affects others.  Those PEOPLE are the one's that will always send me over the edge. EVERYTIME.  I do not believe I can change on that, and I am not sure I would want to either.  If I did, that would mean I am complacent with their behavior, and through this complacency it is indirectly saying its okay for them to behave such ways.

Your thoughts?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Silver R/T

I'm same way, maybe it's cause of these short, cold, cloudy winter days? Except not I'm changing. Before I tried to prove my point, now I just state my opinion and if person screws up doing it another way, I tell them "told you so"
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1969chargerrtse

"Your thoughts?"

Some more of my thoughts.
Because of my belief " what comes around, goes around " I truly feel sorry for those people. They are sad and miserable and they will pay the price. They are to stubborn or stupid to see that they are unhappy and always will be until they change their ways.
2). Misery loves company. Stay away from negative sources. Think positive, ignore or pray for those that aren't and appreciate the short life you have on Earth as that to shall end.
When I'm down and out I go look at the obituary section, that snaps me out of it real fast. Another thing I've done is visit family and friends at the cemetery. Anyone of those people would rip themselves out of the ground to swap places with me.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

celticcutie

The problem with the gene pool is there are no lifeguards!!! :rofl:

stripedelete

Quote from: celticcutie on December 03, 2009, 07:47:07 PM
The problem with the gene pool is there are no lifeguards!!! :rofl:

......and too many people keep swimming in the shallow end.

268RTs4ME

I join this post hoping or thinkingthat I might be able to share some of my mopar knowledge with whom every might need it, not saying I am as wizard, but I am 60 years old, have been messing with mopars since I was 10, doesn't make me a know it all, I joined so I could maybe help you and maybe you help me, as a brotherhood, i don't give anybody any crap and I am not going to take any, I would rather be your friend than your enemy,I have ask a numerious amount of questions on this site and have yet to get a smart ass answer, now when it comes to a part question there have been a few smart asses, if I new all the answers I woundn't be on any site would I, and yes some people irratate me, but I overlook there ignorance and go on down the line, I got done putting up with peoples shit along time ago, just ignore it, take another breath of life and move on.