News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Farewell to the ORNGHEMI

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, December 01, 2009, 03:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

y3chargerrt

Do they have a Hondas at Carlisle that you can bring that to Chris?

RIDELIKEHELL

I know the feeling all to well as I got rid of my 2005 Magnum R/T a month ago & bought a 2009 HONDA RIDGELINE..I was having all kinds of front end issues & the warranty was a 1000 miles from expiring. I looked at full size trucks but the Tundras were way to pricy & the Ridgeline fit for what I needed. Can't wait to try it out in the winter here in Canada....I retired my HEMIVIZN plates though  :'(

My 68 R/T can't get done quick enough as I miss the V8 power!

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

bill440rt

Congrats on the new ride, Chris!  :2thumbs:
Wishing you all the best & many trouble-free miles ahead!  :coolgleamA:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

694spdRT

Congrats on the new ride. While I like the old cars there is no getting around the fact I need a practical daily driver, especially when kids are involved. Just sold our 1995 Mecury Cougar because it was a 2 door and totally worthless in the winter.

Hope the Honda works well for you.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

69charger2002

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on December 02, 2009, 08:25:45 AM
I know the feeling all to well as I got rid of my 2005 Magnum R/T a month ago & bought an 2009 HONDA RIDGELINE..I was having all kinds of front end issues & the warranty was a 1000 miles from expiring. I looked at full size trucks but the Tundras were way to pricy & the Ridgeline fit for what I needed. Can't wait to try it out in the winter here in Canada....I retired my HEMIVIZN plates though  :'(

My 68 R/T can't get done quick enough as I miss the V8 power!

i hope you don't have to put anything in the bed by leaning over the sides... lol the way those beds arch higher towards the front is just so retarded. plus can you even tow anything with it?
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

RIDELIKEHELL

QUOTE...
i hope you don't have to put anything in the bed by leaning over the sides... lol the way those beds arch higher towards the front is just so retarded. plus can you even tow anything with it?

I don't plan on using this Truck as a work horse..more than ample to pick up a cord or 2 of firewood for the cottage or to put a quad or snowblower in. It is nimble in traffic,parking lots etc & rides much better than any full size truck I tested. Which is due to strength that comes from an integrated closed-box frame with unit-body construction. The locking storage in the rear of the box is a marvel of technology that is an added bonus. I don't plan on towing anything especially the Charger as it is no trailer queen. I understand your points though :cheers:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

69charger2002

:cheers: one thing you did buy with a ridgeline is dependability.  :2thumbs:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Neal_J

Chris, congrats on the new ride.  Glad you're pleased.

My general reaction to the HondaWagon: YUCK (both because its foreign and because its fugly). 

Just one idiot's opinion...

myk

Hmm....Umm, no comment.  Sorry about the Daytona...   

472 R/T SE

Hmm.  That cost you a lot of $$ for the opportunity to take pix of your '69 with a new one not counting the test drive.
Someone will buy ORNGHEMI & fall in love all over again.

My Mom always told me if you don't have some thing good to say, don't say any thing at all.   :-X   So why did I even post, to congratulate you man, as long as you're happy.   :thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Meh its all good...I expected nothing less from you guys.... :rotz:

;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

6pkrunner

I'd say good call Chris. Saves more fuel coins to put through the 69's tank.

NHCharger

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on December 04, 2009, 06:29:43 AM
Meh its all good...I expected nothing less from you guys.... :rotz:

;)

Man, you took a beating on both counts. First buying a four door Charger, now trading it for a Honda.
Actually I thought the guys acted pretty civil, this would have made for an interesting thread on Moparts ;)
Far as I'm concerned, whatever makes you happy is what counts. It's the same as all these arguments when members ask if they should keep their car stock or mod it. It's their own car, do what you want.
Just don't trade the 69 for a mini, you'll be forced to turn in your mancard.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

congrats - I guess.  :shruggy:  :lol:
Ya' gonna put a body kit on it?..         :smilielol:

i'm not a big fan of station wagons - especially new ones but I'd sure like to have a new Caddy CTS-V (and be able to afford one in the first place).

71ChallengeHer

Chris, Congrats on the new car. I hope it is what you wanted. I liked the Charger.  :shruggy:

TUFCAT

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 04, 2009, 12:55:55 AM
Hmm.  That cost you a lot of $$ for the opportunity to take pix of your '69 with a new one not counting the test drive.
Someone will buy ORNGHEMI & fall in love all over again.

My Mom always told me if you don't have some thing good to say, don't say any thing at all.   :-X   So why did I even post, to congratulate you man, as long as you're happy.   :thumbs:

Quote from: y3chargerrt on December 02, 2009, 08:13:12 AM
Do they have a Hondas at Carlisle that you can bring that to Chris?

Quote from: Red Ram on December 02, 2009, 03:00:20 AM
Congrats...but I wouldn't be caught dead in that Honda. I don't care how practical it is. Looks like an Accord with a swollen *ss.

Quote from: Hemidoug on December 01, 2009, 05:32:40 PM
OOOOOO...yea gonna change your moniker BACK to "just 6t9 charger" or are you going with "I love Hondas now"........ :nana:

WOW!!! $34,020 (BASE) for that and your bragging??? ($36,220 BASE with navigation)??.....I GUESS I SHOULD BE HAPPY YOU BOUGHT A JAPANEESE CAR THAT WAS BUILT IN OHIO  (THE GOOD OL' USA).

TUFCAT

.........blah, blah, blah

[now insert the Honda commercial.......]

I sold my rare colored Dodge Charger Limited Edition Daytona and I was the first one to buy one! [insert Honda]  The VIN # is 000711 ;)

2010 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD

***************************************************************************************************************************

Cool.  My VIN was even lower than yours on my 2009 Ford Flex Limited....

VIN: 2FMDK53C39BA00435

I was one of the FIRST to drive one around with a HUGE smile on my face knowing that the profits from this great car went to Ford Motor Company, in Dearborn,Michigan, USA.

elanmars

some people like what foreign car companies are doing better than american. some like both. woop dee doo. he pays his taxes and he didn't sell his '69, so what's the big deal?

good riddance of that 4 door american turd. while I think that honda isn't all that good looking, good for him digging it. and at least it's not a rip-off and complete sham of a great name.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

myk

You know there are 1st Gen Charger guys that say anything after their generation are rip-offs of the original Charger name.  My point is that just because it says Charger on it and it isn't a generation of your liking doesn't mean it isn't deserving of the name to begin with.

Oh and that 4 door turd that he sold will run circles all day around any of our "real" Chargers...

captaindodge

Were's your dignity? How many years did we lament for a rear wheel drive v-8? Whats wrong with Challenger?
What could be more boring than a swollen azz honda? Remember Pearl Harbor! Sorry I registered my "69. ::) :'( :icon_smile_angry: :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_dissapprove: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

BB1

Don't listen to the foreign car bashers, they're aways crying about a better car that Americans can't design. Boo frick'n Hoo

Best decision you've made, that orange POS was holding you down to the true love of a drivers car.

Honda get yours.  :2thumbs:
Delete my profile

captaindodge

I am planning on buying an '06 R/T in the spring. Thanks for the inspiration. Why did you have to tell us this? Must be one of those self-loathing liberals. A hybrid would be good for you Wuss.

TheGhost

Quote from: 69charger2002 on December 03, 2009, 04:43:55 PM
:cheers: one thing you did buy with a ridgeline is dependability.  :2thumbs:

Certainly wasn't "workability"...

You traded in an 08 Daytona for a Honda?  Seriously?

Seriously?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: captaindodge on December 05, 2009, 08:56:25 PM
Were's your dignity? How many years did we lament for a rear wheel drive v-8? Whats wrong with Challenger?
What could be more boring than a swollen azz honda? Remember Pearl Harbor! Sorry I registered my "69. ::) :'( :icon_smile_angry: :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_dissapprove: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Quote from: captaindodge on December 05, 2009, 09:16:57 PM
I am planning on buying an '06 R/T in the spring. Thanks for the inspiration. Why did you have to tell us this? Must be one of those self-loathing liberals. A hybrid would be good for you Wuss.

No problem pal, I just unregistered you.....poof   Wouldn't want you to lose sleep because I bought a Honda.   Good luck with your '06 you're gonna need it.

Anyone else?  :nana:

PS---this was "told to us" because I thought some of my internet buds might like to know about some good news for me personally.  Sorry to piss in your coffee
Chris' '69 Charger R/T