News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Farewell to the ORNGHEMI

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, December 01, 2009, 03:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Well it was a good year & a half but I had to let #896/1650 '08 Charger Daytona go.   My crappy NYC streets & traffic couldn't really let me enjoy this car as my daily driver.   Basically I fell out of love with her.  I know most of you "hard core" Charger owners hated the car, but it is what it is.  The one thing Ill miss most is the '08 Daytona exhaust note....different than the base R/T & SRT models it had a sinister growl that turned heads where ever I went....or maybe it was the blinding orange paint? ;)
Anyhoo this feeling has been going on for a few months now so I started shopping for a "regular" car/truck so to speak.  Something that had a little better build quality, handling, braking than the cheap feeling Dodge.  I went back looking into foreign (flame suit on)

Started with the Toyota Tacoma....didn't pan out. Then I went for my all time fav....an '08 Infinity FX35 in Autumn Bronze metallic with the brick interior.  Always wanted one of these & the '08 was the last year of the previous body style (which I like better than the '09-'10)  Wasted a day checking out 2 of them.  Both were total POS's because they were not taken care of at all....you'd think a 48k+(new) vehicle might garner some extra special care from the previous owners?  NOT ....30k shitboxes.

On Sunday I went to NJ to my parents house to bring back my '69 after my garage addition.   On the way there, across the highway, I passed a Honda dealer & saw a peculiar vehicle on the lot, all by itself.  Man did that thing have some shape/stance to it I thought...WTF was it?  I remembered reading about a new Honda crossover coming out soon but I couldn't remember what it was.   on the way back in the '69, I was able to cruise by a little slower past it....still looked cool!
Went home & found out it was the '10 Honda Accord Crosstour.

To make a long story even longer on Monday I went to my local Honda dealer (where I previously leased 3 other Hondas & my wifes current '09 CR-V) test drove the 2WD model, fell in love & got the Black Pearl/black leather 4WD model on the showroom floor.  They only got it in 2 weeks ago & I was the first one to buy one!  The VIN # is 000711 ;)
Had it for half a day so far & at the deli this morning I got my first "awesome car man!  What is it?"  :thumbs:

Well Good Bye to the old ORNGHEMI

Hello to the "new" one (figures I just spent the $140 to renew the plates for another 2 years... :rotz: )
2010 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BB1

Nice Honda, it was my first choice for a new car too. You won't regret it.  :2thumbs:
Delete my profile

Ghoste

You'll have to change your sig photo but I guess the username still applies.  :-\

NYCMille

Congrats on the Crosstour man... it's actually the first one I've seen outside of a magazine and looks much better in the flesh. I think the Crosstour was a good move for Honda. It's got style, AWD reliability, usability and a fresh shape which will keep it current for the next ump-teen years. I know I had an '06 Accord... great overall car, but boring as hell, although perfect for getting lost in a sea rolling jelly beans.

As good as the Crosstour is though, I have a feeling you'll be missing that power... well, maybe not when it snows, or rains, or is cold... but maybe someday.

Good luck with it and enjoy it in good health!

:2thumbs:

PocketThunder

Ahem... your signature picture needs updating...   :whistling:

EDIT: Damn you Ghoste you got me by 6 minutes!  I had to turn away from my computer while i was posting to do actual work and when i came back it was too late..   :slap:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

b5blue

Aw now your getting all sophisticated on us! You could have bought a nice 2nd gen. with that money. (It's "cute" good luck with it!) 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yeah I know about the pic but it is kinda cool though...I just might leave it to piss you all off!  ;)

Mike you might have a point about the power but stop light to stop light gets old after a while.   It definitely did put a smile on my face at a 50mph full throttle kick down on the bottom level of the VZ bridge....scares the SHIT out of my fellow commuters! :drive:

For a V6 this thing has 271 HP, takes regular gas & hopefully gets a little better mileage than the 11-12 I was getting with the Daytona
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JT01

I have 2 Honda Accords love them great cars

NYCMille

Totally agree man and I agree about the mileage, believe me, I know... I use my SRT Magnum as a daily driver and all I can say is thank GOD I work from home! I can't wait to hear the Crosstour during the first snow - I need a new car for my wife eventually and this may fit the bill.

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 01, 2009, 04:12:35 PM

EDIT: Damn you Ghoste you got me by 6 minutes!  I had to turn away from my computer while i was posting to do actual work and when i came back it was too late..   :slap:
[/quote ]     he can change his name back now also    :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on December 01, 2009, 04:47:32 PM

Ya it can be Honda 6T9 Charger guy!   :lol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 01, 2009, 05:06:56 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on December 01, 2009, 04:47:32 PM

Ya it can be Honda 6T9 Charger guy!   :lol:

No, He has it say Not Just 6t9 Charger cause He secretly likes 68's best!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Back N Black

Nice ride!  :2thumbs: I guess we won't see you around here too much anymore, as you will be hangin out on the Tuner sites.

:D

bull

Hemidoug

SOOOOOO...yea gonna change your moniker BACK to "just 6t9 charger" or are you going with "I love Hondas now"........ :nana:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

jb666

Congrats!!

I sold my '06 R/T a few months ago two, for multiple reasons.. I Never fell "in love" with it.. The car just always left me wanting more.. Felt cheap, didn't perform, didn't handle... but it rode nice.. It was just so damn slow...

Anyways, with winter rapidly approaching I used the excuse (although valid) to buy my truck...  I came VERY close to buying a Honda Ridgeline, but couldn't find one used in my area!!!!!!!!!!! You'll love it though, it'll run forever!!!!!!!!!

bsakal

Chris, sorry to hear that you had to let the Charger go. BUT, now we'll all be guaranteed that the "nicer" Charger is brought to Carlisle every year.  :2thumbs:
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

1969chargerrtse

You know I LOVE HONDA's.  I really love the style of the Acura LT.  I can't believe you loved the " '08 Infinity FX35 in Autumn Bronze metallic "  That was my favorite car and color for it also.  Beautiful car you have there.  I like GM's statement " May the best car win "  Right now it's Honda's for me, but it looks like Ford is doing a great job and I'm positive GM will do the same soon.  Enjoy, it's beautiful.  Gonna miss the 2 Orange cars though, just happy you kept the 69.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

RJS

And to think I fell out of grace by buying a BUICK!  Your turning into one sophisticated dude, dude!

charger01

Wow , Guess alot of guys like the imports....Guess Iam still old school....Hope it's a good car for ya.

69charger2002

pretty decent looking new honda. i too got bored with my 08 charger pretty quickly. i knew you'd come around.  :)    :cheers:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

RD

ok.. i will be the guy that will get slammed. I understand your reasons and they are legitimate, but that is a station wagon in disguise, and i would have kept the hemi.  but, it was your car, you found the reasons to let it go, and for that I hope you are extremely pleased with your new honda.

that is, of course, until you get tired with it.. and buy your all time favorite vehicle.... this:

IT IS ORANGE
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Todd Wilson

It needs a wing and a fart pipe muffler hanging off the back! And some glow lights underneath!

Todd

Red Ram

Congrats...but I wouldn't be caught dead in that Honda. I don't care how practical it is. Looks like an Accord with a swollen *ss.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Red Ram on December 02, 2009, 03:00:20 AM
Looks like an Accord with a swollen *ss.

I have to agree. Not a huge fan of that body style. No where near the worst but.. :shruggy: Those import companies are making some amazing colours though, I LOVE Honda's blue! :drool5:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic