News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The good old Commodore 64..

Started by jb666, November 30, 2009, 08:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chgrSE

i remember the last ninja & the Bruce lee game they had. :smilielol:

Todd Wilson

F15 Strike Eagle.    I had a paper route. Bought my 64 via lay away at Kmart. Got a tape drive for christmas.  But with the tape you couldnt get any of the good games.  Could not afford a 1541 drive at the time.   Friend had a 1541 and F15 game. He came over and loaded it up on my 64 and I kept that computer on for a week with that game loaded. Sister came in and shut it off one day as she thought I forgot to and that was it for the F15 game.    A few months later I bought an old white colored VIC 1541 drive for 50$. It was ill and I figured I could fix it or send it in and get it fixed and it would be cheaper then buying a new one. Was so excited I finally had a disk drive I went home and plugged it in and it worked. Used for for a long time. When I started running the BBS   I had an entire office table setup to just run the BBS. Had a string of 1541's. A 1571 and 81 drive.   Had an adapter i bought that allowed me to run the old PET drives. Had a dual 4040 disk drive running. I sold it to a grain elevator a few years later after I got my HD for the 64. Wish I still had that old 4040 but the money they paid me was good for it.

Todd

W4ATL

My first computer was a VIC-20 and then I upgraded to the C-64 when I went to Georgia Tech.  The VIC-20 and its 24 columns of text was too much when logging into the campus mainframe. I thought I was somebody with 40 character wide text.  With a dot matrix printer and a $10 word processor  was a term paper writing machine.