News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ever felt you had a day where nothing went your way?

Started by 69bananabeast, November 30, 2005, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

That day feels like today. This morning I woke up and was getting ready to go to school and found that I had a flat tire. So it took me about 10 minutes to change it out. From there I had to get gas and the pump told me that I was $20 over my balance. I scraped what little money I had and managed to get $4  in gas. Later I left school and barely made it home with the gas I put in. Right when i got home I walked up the driveway and noticed a bright green sticker on the side of my 70 charger window. I take a look at it and it turns out that it was a warning for a possible "Junk Car" violation(I was lucky i didn't get two since I had just towed my 69 of to the shop to finish off the 440). I stood there thinking where the hell did this come from. I know that most of the time a cop doesn't carry that type of thing with them , so of course some one had to have called it in. All the neighbors that live right by h ave often said "you've been doing great work with that car" or "Give me a ride once you're done" . After awhile I got to thinking. About 4 houses down there' s a guy who use to be an Ex City Manager and I figured it was probably  him  :flame: . About 7 years or so ago he tried to go after my dad with the same thing for having a '40 pickup  in the driveway that wasn't done yet.

Then after that I switched cars to go to work(which was also low on gas). Got to work and that actually went alright . Then I started heading back home. During the summer the office moved a couple miles and ended up being in a small town inside the city. so I started driving down the road an as usual there's a cop sitting in the turn lane waiting to catch some one (They are really anal about the law in this town). I was driving under the limit at 30 mph ( Limit is 35, the kind of cops who think 34 =36mph ) and looked back in my mirror to see if they had moved as I usually do.  As a matter of a fact he did. He started following in the other lane (2 lane) for about a mile or so. I thought to myself why the hell would he be following me? I'm going under the limit and all my tags don't go out for at least 3 months.Then he got in my lane right behind me about 5 ft. away from my bumper. I got followed all the way out to the highway where his jurisdiction ends and got on, where he sped off to  continue to harass other drivers. I got a call from my mechanic about my 69 and the driver's header that I got on he had to take  of and is going to have to bend it since the torsion bar is hitting it . He's also gonna have to do the same for the passenger side. He also told me there is a problem with the mini-starter that the cylinoid is on the wrong side along with a couple other things.  All this and it's only about 4:30 .

Any ideas about what I should do about the car?  I was thinking about getting new tires (since half of them are flat )  and rolling it over to the other side of the driveway and putting a car cover over it so it would appear more as if its moveable.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

HAZZARDJOHN

You have to check you local ordinances! I have been in trouble for this too, some cities have tougher laws than others.

Here is my local city ordinance for Wyoming MN I am sure it is pretty similar for most towns.

Junked Vehicle Ordinance

PROHIBITED STORAGE It shall be unlawful for any person owning or having custody of any vehicle or junked motor vehicle or motor vehicle accessories to store or permit any such vehicle or accessories to remain on any private property within the city limits for a period of more than 30 days.

MOTOR VEHICLE ACCESSORIES means any part or parts of any vehicle or motor vehicle.

JUNKED MOTOR VEHICLE means any vehicle or motor vehicle which is partially dismantled or wrecked and which cannot safely or legally be operated upon a highway.   Any vehicle that does not have a valid and current vehicle or motor vehicle license plate (registration) issued by the proper state agency attached thereto.

PRIVATE PROPERTY means any real property not owned by the Federal Government, State, County, City, or other public subdivisions.

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

SirNik73

thats such bull!!! if its in your driveway under a cover i don't see how they would have the right to enter yoru property and tough your cover to see if it was a junk car with out haveing a warrent...

i know there are come cops on this borad. isn't it a violation of your rights to get un-warrented searches of what is stored on private property?
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

andy74

it sounds like youve had a shitty day,ill trade though.my wife woke up,bitching that our furnace is out,my son fell in a puddle on the way to the bus stop,so i was late for work because i had to bring him to school-the idiot of our store talked to one of my customers whcih pissed her off enough to buy a car at another store,and i miss my bonus by 1 fucking car.the chargers electrical system has some sort of freaking gremlin,that me and my 2 buddies havent been able to trace,and my baby girl is teeething so it will be a sleepless night-and i quit smoking a month ago,but have had a lot of nicotine urges all day,wonder why?

69bananabeast

even so It wasn't "Fully Covered " I had part of it un-covered since I was doing some body work on it last night.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

ChargerBill

The damned city ordinances are a bunch of crap, but you get what you vote for. Yeah, that would REALLY ruin my day. Sorry to hear that...

Quote from: andy74 on November 30, 2005, 05:16:13 PM
it sounds like youve had a shitty day,ill trade though.my wife woke up,bitching that our furnace is out,my son fell in a puddle on the way to the bus stop,so i was late for work because i had to bring him to school-the idiot of our store talked to one of my customers whcih pissed her off enough to buy a car at another store,and i miss my bonus by 1 fucking car.the chargers electrical system has some sort of freaking gremlin,that me and my 2 buddies havent been able to trace,and my baby girl is teeething so it will be a sleepless night-and i quit smoking a month ago,but have had a lot of nicotine urges all day,wonder why?

Andy, that DOES sound like a crappy day...hang in there.
Life is a highway...

69bananabeast

theres gotta be soem other reference for having a classic car that needs to be fixed besides it just being another car  that is junked
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

Silver R/T

had one of neighbors (Iknow who the F999 he is) pull this shit on me few times, not once but 4 or more. You have to store car inside, on your property, backyard etc. As long as its on your legal property, not on sidewalk they cant do shit. Also same moron called in fire truck when we were doing BBQ on easter, they just came by inspected that we're not doing "big flames" as neighbor told them we did and went on with apologies. I just flipped in his windows, Im sure old bastard was watching what we're gonna do.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

I couldn't go to work today since my doors froze shut and I couldn't get in the car, so Im taking "break" today

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TheGhost

Quote from: Silver R/T on November 30, 2005, 05:39:08 PM
I couldn't go to work today since my doors froze shut and I couldn't get in the car, so Im taking "break" today

Good idea.  How about taking a break from the site?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

HAZZARDJOHN

Quote from: SirNik73 on November 30, 2005, 05:15:05 PM
thats such bull!!! if its in your driveway under a cover i don't see how they would have the right to enter yoru property and tough your cover to see if it was a junk car with out haveing a warrent...

i know there are come cops on this borad. isn't it a violation of your rights to get un-warrented searches of what is stored on private property?

I thought the same thing. My Parts car was behind my garage under a tarp with a wheelbarrow and some lumber in front. It doesn't have a liscense plate on the front. When I got the citationj it had the cars plate # on it. It was never titled because it was junk so there was no way he would know that unless he walked into my back yard moved all that stuff crawled through the tees behind the garage lifted up the cover and got the plate. That pissed me off something fierce! :flame: My neighbor has had the cops called on me abunch for my boat in the driveway, Her dining room window faces my driveway and she "doesn't like looking at that ugly piece of crap while I am eating!" I happen to think it looks nice. :icon_smile_big: If I put the boat in the garage she would bitch about my truck. I can't prove it, but I think she is the one who called the cops on my parts car. :flame:  
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

TheGhost

Quote from: HAZZARDJOHN on November 30, 2005, 07:20:27 PMMy neighbor has had the cops called on me abunch for my boat in the driveway, Her dining room window faces my driveway and she "doesn't like looking at that ugly piece of crap while I am eating!"

Well, boohoo to her.  Tell her you don't like to look at her face, as it makes you feel like you want to vomit, so she should never go outside again.

Or, just tell her to sit on the other side of the table, so she doesn't face the window.

Silver R/T

Quote from: Ghost on November 30, 2005, 07:50:07 PM
Quote from: HAZZARDJOHN on November 30, 2005, 07:20:27 PMMy neighbor has had the cops called on me abunch for my boat in the driveway, Her dining room window faces my driveway and she "doesn't like looking at that ugly piece of crap while I am eating!"

you should go outside and show her naked ass, if she calls cops its none of her business since she was looking into your yard.

Well, boohoo to her. Tell her you don't like to look at her face, as it makes you feel like you want to vomit, so she should never go outside again.

Or, just tell her to sit on the other side of the table, so she doesn't face the window.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

charger_72_318

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

72 Charger hardtop tranny, carb and intake swap
92 Spirit DOHC Gone

ChargerBill

Excuse # 237...never bought it from my employees at my previous job, and don't fool yourself into thinking your boss bought it either.
Life is a highway...

HAZZARDJOHN

Quote from: Ghost on November 30, 2005, 07:50:07 PM

Well, boohoo to her.   Tell her you don't like to look at her face, as it makes you feel like you want to vomit, so she should never go outside again.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I'll have to remember to do that! Or I'll tell her I'll put a big mirror so she can see the horrible view I have! ;)

Chargen69

I had a neighbor call the cops on me one night.   I was asleep on the couch, my wife was in the other room on the phone with her sister laughing and carrying on, and the cops knock real hard on my front door.   "We have had a call that there was a domestic dispute here."   I said they had the wrong address.   They checked, right address.   They said can we come in, I said I guess, they talked to my wife who was now telling her sister (in chinese) what was going on.   My wife stops talking and laughing long enough to tell the cops that we dont know what the crap they are doing here, and the cops shake their heads and leave.   As they were leaving, I figured out why my dumb neighbor called on us.   My three year old son had pitched a bloody fit about 25 minutes before about going to bed.      :rotz:

Blown70

I live out of town so I do not have to deal with idiot neighbors.  And the neighbor 1/4 mile over has some old 40's cars sitting around.. I don't think I will have to worry much.

Tom

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Blown70

4402tuff4u

Many of them. What helps me deal with them is thinking and knowing that someone always has it worse than I. Like the guy or gal who has been told by a doctor that he or she is terminally ill, or a relative. Or being in a foreign land fighting an endless battle. But even thinking that, sometimes it gets to me. Life is tough. The only sad part about it is that it's a one shot deal..........no rehearsals.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

charger_72_318

Well i had disputes with the cops asigned to my neighbore about my charger, even when it was still running, they tough it was a stolen car.
To solve the probem, i don't wash it   no more hahaha, so it has a real urban camouflage   ;D ;D ;D

92 Spirit DOHC Gone

charger_72_318

92 Spirit DOHC Gone

Lowprofile

A lot of cities are passing these ordnances right under our "Collective" noses.  Usually, some busy-body who can't mind their own business or some pompous city official who "Hates" or doesn't understand the car culture in this country.  Anything old or on car stands in your driveway/front yard offends them and they concider it an eyesore or a blight on their community. Instead of comming to you to talk about it, they complain to their city council member who then drafts a bill to introduce to the city council.  Once passed, they post a postage stamp size ad in the local fish wrap [paper], wait the prerequisite 30 days for any rebuttal from the public, and then they start enforcing it with tickets, fines, confiscation, and sometimes arrest.

We, the car lovers of the world, have to take better care of storing our parts cars and our projects. Big brother & our nosy neighbors are watching. :flame:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

RD

sorry you had a bad day... but look on the bright side, it only can get better right? well, lets hope it does :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69bananabeast

well it seems like it's been every other day for the past week and a half that I've had a rain of $h*t on my parade . today I found out that the march pulley set I got for the 440 had 2 sets of power steering brackets so I had to order the alternator side which was $90 with a $30 discount. After that I went to discount tire since the suburban had nails in the tires on the drivers side. I got the rear tire fixed since the tire lost all air and haven gotten the front since it's a slow leak. So I got there and gave them the tire and I was told that it would be about 45 min. wait.  well it ends up being an Hour and a Half and the manager sees me (one who checked me in ) and asked what are you still doing here? has anyone worked on your tire? so he went and checked it out and it was done. He asked me how long I waited and I told him. he said he was gonna yell at someone and give him a call for a discount on next visit.  All I wanna know is  when am I gonna get mine?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

CaptMarvel

Just a shot in the dark but before you give up, ck the zoning of your property. If it was annexed by the city & was originally a rural or commercial type property, it could be that the zoning never changed (even in the city) and technically it may "allow" storage of "junk" cars. I am a bldg inspector, but know the code enf. guys have to drop it occasionally if the zoning is one of those old holdovers IE: C-5 zone (commercial) has vastly different requirements than residential zones. Also, nowhere that I have ever heard of are code enf. guys allowed to touch car covers or the like. They can only walk in the most direct path to the front door usually to inquire of the property owner as to the status. On a side note, I have came across more old Mopars in back alleys & yards in this type of work..I always try to rescue them, but usually get the std reply, not for sale, gunna fix her up blah blah blah...

The Ghoul

It’s Monday for me on finals week...
I got to my physics exam today and as soon as I sat down my stomach started to cramp up. I could not concentrate and I know I totally blew the exam.. I was out of there in 40 minutes making a b-line for the bathroom... It stinks I know how it goes. Don’t worry it gets better.
Best trick for the doors on the car freezing, luke warm water works the best!

RD

well... now I am really feeling your pain.  Went to a town to pick up my daughter from daycare.  Ducked inside to pick up my daughter, ended up talking to the daycare provider for about 30 min.  Came out side and drove home.  Got home, looked at my 87 Ramcharger and the whole right fender is caved in and I cannot open the passenger door.  This was a pristine ramcharger (just iddy biddy dents, but now I am just heartbroken and beat up inside  :icon_smile_blackeye:

I hope whoever did it does not forgive themselves!  Oh well, it can be fixed, but still almost put a couple of tears in my eyes.  I really love that MPV. :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

charger_72_318

i just came from outside to see nothing happens to my charger, if anyone has a cute idea, don't even try it pal   :flame: :flame: :flame:
sorry for your truck :flame:

92 Spirit DOHC Gone

69bananabeast

As the Saga continues ....                 yesterday in my '96 suburban the damn handle broke on the driver's door. This happened in the morning so I had to exit out through the passenger door all frakin day, with tires and wheels stacked in the way. Today I was workin  on the 440 in the shop and towards the end of the day I was trying to ge tthe spark plugs in but I couldn't tighten them all the way down since I couldnt get the ratchet in.  As it looks with only a couple plugs in that i'm probably going to need to get a new set of headers And These Have Never Been Used (Hooker 1 7/8 ) . The plugs were pretty close to the headers and looking at it I thought to myseld " These plugs are pretty close and the boots are probably get burnt to hell.  From there I cleaned everything thing up and started fixing the door (ordered a new handle day before) and that went slow. When I tried putting the door skin back on it took forever since half of the clips kept falling out   :rotz:     

What about you guys good day or bad?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

charger_72_318

well, we went to meet the candidate for president, i don't know whatever if it is good or bad ::)
but the sad part of the day was this broken piece i found when i was changing the valve seals, i will post a thread to get some help... :rotz: it will take more money and more wasted time...   :rotz:

92 Spirit DOHC Gone