News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Overhaulin' show

Started by aussiemuscle, November 30, 2009, 01:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIRD67

Ponch, thanks for the link!
That is just sad, who can do that kind of stuff and then get their own tv show!? Thats just sad!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

bull

I think if a guy could ficure out a way to get the car "stolen" by the Foose possie, have them do all the rust repair, engine/trans work and then steal it back before he had a chance to paint it and screw with the interior he'd be a hero.

bill440rt

Quote from: MoparManJim on November 30, 2009, 02:17:48 AM
I say get red of those wheels and put some american wheels on that thing and it would look nice then.

Well... I, uh... LIKE those wheels...  :D
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Neal_J

I've always marveled at how the project cars invariably lack serious rust. 

I wish I lived in THAT world...

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Neal_J on November 30, 2009, 09:48:23 PM
I've always marveled at how the project cars invariably lack serious rust. 

THAT'S why they never got back to my dad when he submitted my Charger years ago :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

superbirdtom

the funniest thing is when the car is in the spray booth and its gettin shot  the next scene is of this blocked out and polished masterpiece,  they leave out the whole colorsand and buff segment as if you just shoot a car and it comes out so perfect no sand and buff is needed ,,yeah right!  I would like to see what they do to buff out carr and what products and methods are usded,

Ponch ®

Quote from: Neal_J on November 30, 2009, 09:48:23 PM

I wish I lived in THAT world...

It's called California. There's a reason why almost every single car on that show (with an exception or two) was local.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Smokey Bear

You guys have to remember this is TV. Even the stuff that seems like it's reality is not. With Overhaulin, just like the time crunch at the end, and all the other "drama", it's all scripted to be interesting. Even if they do "steal" the car, you know they pick only a certain profile of person, and that they have done a ton of research with the car owners family and friends to figure out likes and dislikes before they move forward.

As far as Unique Whips... I agree, there is something that just doesnt feel right at that shop. Besides, they don't really seem to do much more than the stereo shop down any street in a big City other than they work on important people's expensive cars.

Personally, my fav is Pimp my Ride. The cars are mostly already crap - so who cares what they do with them, everybody is having a fun with it, and the car owners usually have no money, job, or plan, so it's nice to see them get what they consider to be a lucky break.

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on November 30, 2009, 04:50:37 PM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 30, 2009, 01:58:36 PM
Have seen a couple of episodes of overhaulin and I think the other one is something like "West Coast Customs" and my question is,
how realistic are they? Any quality in their job? Obviously they are making money to keep shops and crews like that. :scratchchin:

Per

Shops are donated and the crews are all volunteers...         

The quality of the work is very good overall - but building a car in 7 days does cause some things to suffer - the Challenger had some suspension problems (clearance issues) as well as some electrical issues that I later fixed when the engine swap was done.  Overall pretty good work though    :2thumbs:

OK :2thumbs: Are the parts sponsored by the vendors or is the TV sender who pays the total bill? :scratchchin:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Ponch ®

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on December 01, 2009, 08:13:00 AM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on November 30, 2009, 04:50:37 PM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 30, 2009, 01:58:36 PM
Have seen a couple of episodes of overhaulin and I think the other one is something like "West Coast Customs" and my question is,
how realistic are they? Any quality in their job? Obviously they are making money to keep shops and crews like that. :scratchchin:

Per

Shops are donated and the crews are all volunteers...         

The quality of the work is very good overall - but building a car in 7 days does cause some things to suffer - the Challenger had some suspension problems (clearance issues) as well as some electrical issues that I later fixed when the engine swap was done.  Overall pretty good work though    :2thumbs:

OK :2thumbs: Are the parts sponsored by the vendors or is the TV sender who pays the total bill? :scratchchin:

Per

as far as I know, in Overhaulin' a lot (if not all) of the parts were "donated" by the vendors...but as you may have noticed, they made it a point of mentioning who provided what, and also there were banners of the vendors on the walls of the shop. So it was good promotion for them.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

mauve66

i really think most of the people that get their cars done love them, maybe not every piece of trim or wheel, but still love them, its a car that for the most part was 10 years or more from getting fixed and as far as leaving things stock, that would ruin the show, the whole idea is to have something different than the other 50 + stock looking cars at the drive-in of the same make and model

what irks me the most is that half of the "insiders" don't really have a clue as to what the "mark" wants done to their car, so Chip is left with "he likes blue" and has to create something that will be instantly recognized which brings attention to the show which helps with sales of commercials which keeps the show on the air. i wish they would do "reverse gags" where the owner of the car gets to help and choose things while the family thinks the car is gone or the owner went off the deep end with the credit card or something......................

i would damn near bet my house on the fact that NO ONE HERE would watch a show week after week where a guy like Galen (for example only, i know how some people are about him) went around going "that inspection mark should be yellow, not green", "the decal on a 68 RR is black and white while the later RR's are color due to licensing issues", etc
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

Actually I would really watch a show like that. (week after week)

aussiemuscle

well, i guess he won't be on the next reunion special  :rotz:

Ghoste

I wonder what it's going to bid to?  Six figures seems like a lot in this economy but it is a pretty well known car.

Mike DC

I'd like to watch a show where the Foose shop's personal cars all get jacked and rebuilt in some funky way.   :rofl:

Belgium R/T -68

Why did they swap engine after the show?

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Ghoste

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 02, 2009, 01:58:31 AM
I'd like to watch a show where the Foose shop's personal cars all get jacked and rebuilt in some funky way.   :rofl:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

They could paint them in a monotone. :laugh:

Tilar

QuoteWe have an appraisal in hand that puts this car at an appraised value of $295,000.

How so high? Just because it was on TV?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

tan top

Quote from: Magnumcharger on November 30, 2009, 11:15:29 AM
That particular show was the worst one ever. The look on the owners face when he saw what was done to his ONE OWNER, MATCHING NUMBERS ORIGINAL PAINT Challenger R/T was shear mortification.

yeah his dad was the original owner ! if i remeber correctaly ,  if he had not shaved the dooor handles , would be fairly easy to put back to looking stock , quick wet flat , coat of sealer !!  sublime ? or was it sassy grass :scratchchin:
 nothing against foose & his mob , do some  clever stuff , considering the time frame they work in !!   but  thinking not for mopars  , leave it for the chebby  , blue belly buttons  etc  followers :yesnod: :Twocents:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

i hated the 69 road runner convertible he did and put the dual stripes on the trunk like a GM product .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

HITMAN 149

my fave was the 67 chevelle he did.... nice n simple!! a nice silver w a slight black bottom.... nice wheels (not 22" spinnys from the hood!! lol) and  502 big block!!! that came out sweeeeeet!!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

superbirdtom

i WAS WONDERINGABOUT ELECTROLUMENECENT.        i DID SOME FOR MY SOFFITS IN MY KITCHEN IT TORNED OUT GREAT IT IS GREAT STUFF.

mauve66

Quote from: superbirdtom on December 06, 2009, 12:54:47 PM
i WAS WONDERINGABOUT ELECTROLUMENECENT.        i DID SOME FOR MY SOFFITS IN MY KITCHEN IT TORNED OUT GREAT IT IS GREAT STUFF.

you should get a 1st gen now also, its so much better than later lighting in cars :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Armudster

I kinda like the show, I don't like some of his mods, including two tone paint and giant wheels, but he do a lot of hidden custom work on the body that really look good, the bumper fitment for example, Foose is a talented guy and a great person, I've met him once.
The way I see it is that he is an artist, he put his vision to the cars, not everyone has to like it, it's just his style, I don't like it, but for some reason I think it fits 50's cars and Hot Rods really well, look at the Foose P-32 for instance, it really is cool.
If you play close attention, you'll see that he is not doing a lot of two tones anymore, his style are getting more mature and subtle, and that is good, if you watched the last season of Overhaulin', you'll see that he does his prank first, and then tell the owner he got his car, before anything got done, and the owner tells him what he really wants, that's a great improvement. IMO, he's a lot better than Boyd Coddington ever was.