News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Overhaulin' show

Started by aussiemuscle, November 30, 2009, 01:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussiemuscle

Just re watched the one where they foosed up a lime green *edit* challenger. Glad it wasn't my car or i'd be like WTF  :RantExplode:
i preferred the 'before' stock style. i wonder if anyone's ever been disappointed by their overhaul?

Anyone else feel the same?

69bronzeT5

That's a '71 Challenger ;) I love that car....it's way cooler than the orange/silver & black '72-'74 they did.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

MoparManJim

I say get red of those wheels and put some american wheels on that thing and it would look nice then.

Hemidog

-More rubber.
-Less rims.
-Switch out the green with red.

:Twocents:

superbirdtom

I have to take those shows with a grain of salt.  first the time crunch deal is soo overplayed. then the end product if youve ever seen one up close is a lot to be desired. waves sandscratches and such ,  but it is still pretty good for a quickie. gettin tired of the two toners though.

tan top

yeah , messed it up for sure !!  was 100% better before he foosed it ! looked a nice challenger before  :yesnod:  :RantExplode:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

aussiemuscle

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 30, 2009, 01:59:38 AM
That's a '71 Challenger ;) I love that car....it's way cooler than the orange/silver & black '72-'74 they did.

this one?

nh_mopar_fan

They took a guys 65 T-Bird hardtop and made it into a roadster.

Man, I'd be really pissed off if that was my car.

Ghoste

I haven't cared for the show right from the very beginning.  Now that he has essentially done the same thing to every car he gets I care about it even less.  He has achieved one thing, now you can tell someone that a car is "all Foosed up" and they know just what you mean.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Ghoste on November 30, 2009, 10:47:16 AM
I haven't cared for the show right from the very beginning.  Now that he has essentially done the same thing to every car he gets I care about it even less.  He has achieved one thing, now you can tell someone that a car is "all Foosed up" and they know just what you mean.

Pretty much what I think...   not a big fan of 2 tone and bling.  Whatever.   

I thought the gags sucked and the whole premise of getting it done in a week was kinda nutty.

But c'est la vie... the show has run it's course.    It's reruns only now.

Of course what the show really needed was A.J. AND Courtney .... with less clothes.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Magnumcharger

That particular show was the worst one ever. The look on the owners face when he saw what was done to his ONE OWNER, MATCHING NUMBERS ORIGINAL PAINT Challenger R/T was shear mortification.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

ODZKing

They did one a while back on my second favorite 71 Road Runner.  Completely destroyed it as far as I'm concerned.
They went as far as taking the side markers off and filling them in because they said (and I quote) "they are too hard to find".  It was sad   :'(

moparstuart

Quote from: ODZKing on November 30, 2009, 11:26:31 AM
They did one a while back on my second favorite 71 Road Runner.  Completely destroyed it as far as I'm concerned.
They went as far as taking the side markers off and filling them in because they said (and I quote) "they are too hard to find".  It was sad   :'(
that would be that barry white dudes show wrecks to riches 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Rolling_Thunder

James (the owner of the black and green Challenger) loves his car. I had done work on is after the show to correct a few things that were overlooked on the show. The tired 383 (they had just repainted) was removed and we built / installed a 440 and new 727. Last year we added air conditioning.

I do have to give a shout out to Chip Foose for being one of the nicest guys I know. Car designs aside - James and his wife had a baby about 2 years after the show - Chip found out about it and made him a custom covered baby seat to match the seats in the Challenger...      that just shows class     :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

And make no mistake, I'm not slamming Chip Foose the man.  I just absolutely do not share his taste in what looks good on a car.

TruckDriver

Quote from: MoparManJim on November 30, 2009, 02:17:48 AM
I say get red of those wheels and put some american wheels on that thing and it would look nice then.

I somewhat agree. I liked the rear spoiler too, and it sucks they shaved the door handels. I never liked shaved door handels at all. Otherwise, it looks great. But I agree about classic torqe thrusts.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Cooter

Good 'ol Chip did do ONE vehicle with the classic Wide Whites on it....The Little Roadster lookin' Hot Rod T-bucket truck/car thing...

Got 'em from "Corky" Coker...Not a big fan of His Bling wheels, but it IS his show and he has to promote HIS wheels somehow...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Belgium R/T -68

Have seen a couple of episodes of overhaulin and I think the other one is something like "West Coast Customs" and my question is,
how realistic are they? Any quality in their job? Obviously they are making money to keep shops and crews like that. :scratchchin:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

69bronzeT5

Quote from: aussiemuscle on November 30, 2009, 05:37:10 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 30, 2009, 01:59:38 AM

this one?

:yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

NGC414

I like chip foose and most of his style with cars, but the show is horrible.
I enjoy any restoration type show, but the pranks and sceemes they come up with when they take the car is just way too cheesey for me. The bad acting when they pretend to be the police reporting the theft is just corney as hell. The played out deadlines get old as said before.
They should just keep it simple and stick to the footage of the work and fabrication they are doing on the car.

GreenMachine

They did a 1950's Cadillac that didn't get "all Foosed up". They brought it mostly back to original, I was shocked.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 30, 2009, 01:58:36 PM
Have seen a couple of episodes of overhaulin and I think the other one is something like "West Coast Customs" and my question is,
how realistic are they? Any quality in their job? Obviously they are making money to keep shops and crews like that. :scratchchin:

Per

Shops are donated and the crews are all volunteers...         

The quality of the work is very good overall - but building a car in 7 days does cause some things to suffer - the Challenger had some suspension problems (clearance issues) as well as some electrical issues that I later fixed when the engine swap was done.  Overall pretty good work though    :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ponch ®

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 30, 2009, 01:58:36 PM

Per

I know a couple of people associated with WCC and from what they tell me the stuff they do for the TV show is just that, for the TV show (meaning that some of the drama is overplayed somewhat). The majority of the work they do is more ordinary - stereo installs, wheels/rims, etc. As far as the quality of their work, the cars I've seen in person are really well done. It's nothing extraordinary or mind blowing (unless it's one of their shop cars that they take to shows or something they build for a celebrity), but at least they're not hacking up the jobs like those clowns from Unique Whips. WCC trades on it's name/reputation more than anything, since they were one of the first shops to start doing the big blingy stuff in the 90's for rappers and athletes like Shaq (and then they blew up with the TV shows). So some kid will go there and get his windows tinted just so he can say they worked on his car, he'll buy a t-shirt and a hat, and put the WCC license plate frame on it.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

BIRD67

One of the things that I really hated about Overhaulin' was the fact that nearly every car that had a manual transmission was going to be changed with an auto..

WCC, I never liked them at all, but I saw a few episodes of their show, "Street Customs" , and I like the shop they opened in Berlin.

Unique Whips, I hate that place! I've been there just to look around and the work is half assed! An interesting thing I saw on their show was that Will, the owner, fired an employee because he thought that the work was being done half assed
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

Ponch ®

Quote from: BIRD67 on November 30, 2009, 04:56:42 PM

Unique Whips, I hate that place! I've been there just to look around and the work is half assed! An interesting thing I saw on their show was that Will, the owner, fired an employee because he thought that the work was being done half assed

There was a thread on some car forum a couple of years ago (the thread has since been taken down) about an SUV that was done by Unique. Don't exactly remember why, but the owner had to take apart some of the interior and found out that his super expensive Unique job was a hack. Duct tape, wood screws, that sort of thing. He ended up having it redone elsewhere for a small fortune.

EDIT: I did a search and found a thread about the thread. It's got a couple of pics to give you an idea:
http://www.motownmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52040
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West