News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

old style waterslide decals

Started by SFRT, November 29, 2009, 07:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

a printer buddy found a stash of original paper and lacquer inks in usable shape. me and a couple of friends are doing new old style decals for 1/4 windoes..heres my part of the sheet.

gonna tint the white slightly yellow to make look 'old'

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SFRT

fellow Chiseler Dirty Donnies' set:

Always Drive Responsibly

Nitrox

SFRT

they are water transfer. old school. not stickers.
Always Drive Responsibly

aussiemuscle

old school? they are still used on model cars!  :icon_smile_cool:

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

73ChargerSE

That last one is pretty sick I'd love one for my truck.  How are you guys doing the artwork for them?

Mr.Woolery

-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SFRT

Quote from: 73ChargerSE on December 01, 2009, 12:11:03 AM
That last one is pretty sick I'd love one for my truck.  How are you guys doing the artwork for them?

pen and ink! that gets scanned in, vectorized and color seperated in illustrator and then. The printer we are using mostly does pinball machine glass restoration he is really good.

the decals are then silkscreened onto the special paper.

starting on the second set...

I'll have a few sheets available for sale.
Always Drive Responsibly

73ChargerSE

Figured you guys were using vectors, artwork looks great.  I can do vectors but I can't do pen and ink stuff.  Sounds like fun stuff, I'd like to do it at work.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: SFRT on December 01, 2009, 10:42:31 AM
The printer we are using mostly does pinball machine glass restoration he is really good.

Just curious, Who might that be? Been working on/restoring pinball machines since I was in High School and wondering if they are one of the standard suppliers in the hobby.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

lisiecki1

Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

SFRT

Quote from: bakerhillpins on December 01, 2009, 11:40:54 AM
Quote from: SFRT on December 01, 2009, 10:42:31 AM
The printer we are using mostly does pinball machine glass restoration he is really good.

Just curious, Who might that be? Been working on/restoring pinball machines since I was in High School and wondering if they are one of the standard suppliers in the hobby.

[/quote

Its a guy called wade in Fresno. mostly does restorations, but occasionally does complete 'new' machines with special themes. He and donnie recently did special 1 off machines for Metallica and The Hellacopters. Currently I am working on the art for a machine of my own, it will be a 1-off.
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

miller

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

lisiecki1

Quote from: miller on December 02, 2009, 08:42:09 PM
Quote from: lisiecki1 on December 01, 2009, 01:19:21 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on December 01, 2009, 09:28:33 AM
what is FTW?

F**K THE WORLD!

For The Win?

well....for this day and age on forums, yes

but if you see a biker with FTW tattooed on his or her body I can pretty much guarantee it doesn't mean "for the win".
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

bakerhillpins

Quote from: SFRT on December 02, 2009, 11:29:43 AM
Its a guy called wade in Fresno. mostly does restorations, but occasionally does complete 'new' machines with special themes. He and donnie recently did special 1 off machines for Metallica and The Hellacopters. Currently I am working on the art for a machine of my own, it will be a 1-off.

Not familiar with his work, but then again I have been distracted from Pinball by family duties the last few years. Sounds cool. A good friend of mine that used to work for Bally/Williams made his own pinball and video game by reverse engineering and writing his own code for the systems.

The decals look stellar and I am very impressed with you folks ability to draw it in pen and ink.  :cheers: :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly