News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

funny debris in Star Trek

Started by KS71owner, November 29, 2009, 02:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KS71owner

I was watching my new Star Trek DVD yesterday, and I saw something funny...an unusual looking piece of debris floating in space....JJ Abrams says in the commentary there is something here but I didn't spot it until the third or fourth time I went through the scene.

Here's a screen grab of the scene, with the "debris" circled.....

and a closeup.....

Look familiar?  :scope:

captnsim

KS71owner

Landonsrt

I wonder if any star wars nerds will get upset??

Charger RT

dude you take your movies way to serious. I would never have seen that.
Tim

RD

i wonder if george lucas is going to sue them over the rights of that?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

b5blue

Nope it was on yahoo already he got the OK, they said there are dead bodys floating in there too.

FLG

Quote from: Rjavascript:void(0);D on November 29, 2009, 09:15:29 PM

George Lucas owns the company that did the effects for Star Trek... :2thumbs:

KS71owner

Quote from: Charger RT on November 29, 2009, 08:54:44 PM
dude you take your movies way to serious. I would never have seen that.
Tim

LOL

I only looked because the commentary said there was something there, but they didn't say what. To be honest I'm surprised I found it, it goes by so quickly I wasn't sure at first. I guess the shape triggered something in my geek brain. As for the dead bodies, yeah those are in there too...I actually spotted those before I saw R2D2 but only because they are on the screen longer.

c00nhunterjoe

hahaha, now i have to watch it again

Landonsrt

Quote from: FLG on November 29, 2009, 09:27:13 PM
Quote from: Rjavascript:void(0);D on November 29, 2009, 09:15:29 PM

George Lucas owns the company that did the effects for Star Trek... :2thumbs:

Yeah, I was going to say that ILM did all their digital work so that would negate them violating their own Copyright laws.

Mike DC

This inside-joke stuff has been going on for decades.    

C-3PO & R2-D2 showed up Raiders of the Lost Ark:

bull

:2thumbs: Good stuff. So when does the Trek movie come out on DVD? Or did it already?

Slantback_66

1966 Dodge Charger 440

devilgear

In Star Wars the Phantom Menace when they are talking with Palpatine for the 1st time in his office, you can see the Star Trek Enterprise go by the window too...

chargerboy69

Here is one from the movie Iron Man (a great movie by the way).  You can see the Captain America shield laying on the table behind Robert Downy Jr.  Rumor is they are supposed working on a Captain America script.  Could be cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIVeuYqjMlk
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Cooter

Lucas is famous for this very thing..There's something of a previous movie of his in every movie after that...In American Graffitti, the license plate on Milners coupe was symbolic this way......

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Landonsrt

Yeah, the picture above shows the carving.

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

chargerboy69

Quote from: Cooter on November 30, 2009, 12:29:59 PM
Lucas is famous for this very thing..There's something of a previous movie of his in every movie after that...In American Graffitti, the license plate on Milners coupe was symbolic this way......

Milners plate was THX 138.  If I am not mistaken THX 138 was a film Lucas made in collage a couple years before American Graffiti.  Lucas also uses THX for his sound company.  THX 1138 is also seen on the wing of the plane in Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhCJnOFZvHc
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ponch ®

IIRC, the Millennium Falcon is in Blade Runner as the top of a building, and also in Close Encounters of the Third Kind as part of the mothership.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bakerhillpins

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 30, 2009, 01:22:27 PM
Quote from: Cooter on November 30, 2009, 12:29:59 PM

Milners plate was THX 138.  If I am not mistaken THX 138 was a film Lucas made in collage a couple years before American Graffiti.  Lucas also uses THX for his sound company.  THX 1138 is also seen on the wing of the plane in Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhCJnOFZvHc

In Star Wars (IV, A New Hope) Princess Leia is being held in Cell block 1138.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

KS71owner

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 30, 2009, 08:00:22 AM
Here is one from the movie Iron Man (a great movie by the way).  You can see the Captain America shield laying on the table behind Robert Downy Jr.  Rumor is they are supposed working on a Captain America script.  Could be cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIVeuYqjMlk

another Cap teaser is in the second Hulk movie - there's a shot of Cap frozen in ice somewhere. I'm gonna try to find it tonight.

Brock Lee

R2D2 was built into the ship on Goonies.

BigRed66

Quote from: KS71owner on November 29, 2009, 02:32:08 PM
I was watching my new Star Trek DVD yesterday, and I saw something funny...an unusual looking piece of debris floating in space....JJ Abrams says in the commentary there is something here but I didn't spot it until the third or fourth time I went through the scene.

...just rented the movie and plan to watch it tomorrow...can we get a time stamp on that so we can watch for it? Geek alert...Thanks.
"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

KS71owner

Quote from: BigRed66 on November 30, 2009, 11:54:12 PM
Quote from: KS71owner on November 29, 2009, 02:32:08 PM

...just rented the movie and plan to watch it tomorrow...can we get a time stamp on that so we can watch for it? Geek alert...Thanks.

It's at about 47:39 or so. Artoo will drift in from the lower left of the viewscreen on the bridge.

Landonsrt

I think hes right on the time stamp. Its when they come through the debris field and see the romulan ship for the first time through the view screen.

A383Wing

Last year on the TV show "Heros"....there was an agency going around trying to gather all the people up..they were driving black cars...the license plates on the cars was "NCC-1701"  ......The Enterprise serial number

devilgear

Also in attack of the clones when Palpaine is speaking to the delegates Lucas is in one of the Pods and so is a bunch of ET's...In the Pod race in The Phantom Menace, Indiana Jones is walking up the steps...

ac_knight

Here is Cap (personal all time favorite) in the Hulk movie.  It really isnt in the movie though, its in the alternate opening special feature.  So if you didnt watch that, then you missed it, and even if you did watch it, you probably missed it.  It is extremely hard to see, it is fast.  Here it is though in stills.  It happens right as the avalanche is falling, good luck catching it.

Here it is on youtube for anyone without the DVD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEqMWoWY9oI&feature=related

chargerboy69

Quote from: devilgear on December 02, 2009, 02:13:58 AM
Also in attack of the clones when Palpaine is speaking to the delegates Lucas is in one of the Pods and so is a bunch of ET's...In the Pod race in The Phantom Menace, Indiana Jones is walking up the steps...

You are correct about Indy being in the cinematic turd Phantom Menace.

--Gerald Ford

chargerboy69

Quote from: ac_knight on December 03, 2009, 11:09:50 AM
Here is Cap (personal all time favorite) in the Hulk movie.

Looks like they will start filming in 2010.  Not sure who will play Captain America yet though.  I hope it is good, and I am hoping for Ironman good.  If it is on the same level as Spiderman III, I will be pissed.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458339/

--Gerald Ford