News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wilson Ks Opera House

Started by speedfreak68, November 29, 2009, 11:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedfreak68

Hey guys , in wilson we recently had a fire burn down our historic opera house and an old garage that had some old cars stored in, it also damaged the doctors office that was next door to the garage. Some of you may have heard about this. Its a pretty big deal for a small town like wilson when something like this happens.

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

moparguy01

oh man i remember that building. I can't remember what cars were in there but it still sucks!

472 R/T SE

I didn't appreciate all those lime stone buildings until I moved away from them.  

We spent many a days drinking spiked lemonade & other various refreshments at Wilson Lake.  Cedar Bluff was closer but was darn near empty from drought & irrigation.  What little rain there was, the farmers' terraced their fields capturing all run off.  I don't know how Wilson was able to retain so much?
Sorry for drifting OT.

That's too bad.  :'(  I hope they had insurance.

Todd Wilson

Hate to see old buildings like that destroyed.

Todd

The70RT

That's sad.....looks like it got super hot and burned a long time. Looks like a 67-72 Chevy truck and maybe a 58 Impala.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

speedfreak68

every summer some of the kids from wilson and surrounding communities would get together and put on a dinner theater. It was always a good time. but all that is over now. Along with being a place for dances and dinners during czech fest, they had a museum in the basement and all that history was lost too...

The70RT

One bad thing in these old towns are the buildings are all connected and when one goes up it damages others. Lyndon lost a few in one fire last year.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PocketThunder

Thats terrible.  They dont make buildings like that anymore.  :'( 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."