News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger station wagon?

Started by Cooperman, November 28, 2009, 04:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooperman

Not sure if it's possible (or even desirable!) but has anyone ever seen '68/'69 Charger front end sheet metal on a B body station wagon? It should bolt up at least right? Would the Charger panels even work with the Coronet doors? If it's too dumb a question to warrant an answer... Sorry!

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

A383Wing

Figure out a way to put hidden headlights like the Charger on that Coronet front grille and it would look great.

I don't think the body lines of the Charger front fender would line up with the Coronet door lines (or lack of)

Ghoste

Then again, with enough time and bondo nearly anything is possible.

FJMG

A 2-door wagon with a rear roofline similar to the magnum? HMMMMMM :scratchchin:

Ghoste

Like this?  :rofl:

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

miller time

Quote from: Ghoste on November 28, 2009, 06:36:30 PM
Like this?  :rofl:
Looks better then the "chargers" they sell now days. :nana:

471_Magnum

Quote from: A383Wing on November 28, 2009, 04:34:37 PMI don't think the body lines of the Charger front fender would line up with the Coronet door lines (or lack of)

Yep. I seem to recall someone investigating this before and coming to the this exact conclusion.

Now cross-breeding a Gen 1 would be a piece of cake.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Cooperman

So no-one has ever tried '70 Charger fenders on a Roadrunner/GTX/Coronet in search of an easy-ish wing-car conversion? Or am I talkin' crap?  :slap:
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

69bronzeT5

I love '70 Coronet wagons, actually...that one is a wagon version of my '70 Coronet 500. I think a Charger wagon would be pretty cool.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

FJMG

Great job Ghoste! but that's backwords, try it with the top rear of a magnum on the 2nd gen.

bull

I've seen pictures of one or two Challenger wagons someone cobbled together. :rotz:

mauve66

theres a 4 door 1st gen out there also............ double :rotz:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

A383Wing

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on November 28, 2009, 04:40:08 PM
Then again, with enough time and bondo nearly anything is possible.

So true. Someone supply the idea to BK Auto and it shall be completed in 2 months flat!!

Ghoste

Quote from: FJMG on November 28, 2009, 07:23:49 PM
Great job Ghoste! but that's backwords, try it with the top rear of a magnum on the 2nd gen.

I didn't do it, I just swiped it from somewhere else.

UFO

Didn't magnumcharger photoshop a 68 charger wagon a while back?

bull

jerry

you would be the first one on BK's door step trying to buy it . :smilielol:

Mike DC

IMHO the 2nd gen's signature look is tied up in the lines of the roof as much as any other area on it.  You can do anything you want to the lower half of that car but it's not gonna strike people as a CHARGER with the upper half redone.

Witness all the convertible 68-70 charger attempts.  Those things are never gonna look right until somebody does one that keeps the stock windshield frame from the steel-roofed 2dr models (it's lower & more laidback than the stock convert frames) and builds the cloth top to re-create the tunnelback rear window.

Mikesmoparperformance

Thats a cool idea ask Chip Foose if it is possible he can make stuff like that. :2thumbs:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Mikesmoparperformance

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

70charginglizard

would be an interinsting morf. Would want one for real but would be interesting thing to see.

Come on you photoshop people. Lets get on it and put something together here. lol
70charginglizard