News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Toyota Tacoma's...anyone know about 'em?

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, November 25, 2009, 11:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

The rust issues are on the older trucks (1990 something to 2001 or so) but they did recently change that to include up to 2004. Toyota (unlike Dodge) stands behind their product and extended the rust-through warranty to 15 years. They also give 150% of blue book to buy them back. That's why I no longer have my truck. I live in Ohio with whatever caustic chemical they put on the roads. I took it in for some repairs at 183k miles and they called to tell me my truck was "grounded". A couple weeks later I had a check for $11,500 (I paid $10k for it 5 years ago with 106k miles).

Oh, mine was a loaded SR5 extended cab, PW, sunroof, 4x4, with the 3.4 V6 and I averaged 17-18 mpg. I mostly drive about 75 mph on the highway. The only things I ever replaced were the front brakes (twice), tires, the ABS sensor, 1 taillight bulb, and 1 oxygen sensor.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I think for now the deal is off the table....really hate to throw 5k away just to pay off lease to get a truck (of which I really dont need...more of a want anyway)
Maybe ill wait for the dealer to call me back after lying low & see if I can haggle more ;)

I have a disease.... :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

C_stripes

I work at a Toyota dealer and I would say that they are good little trucks. I am a big guy (6'5 330ibs) and I am surprised at how well I fit in them. They are good little trucks with plenty of power for the day to day. The best part about them is how well they hold their value. I know several guys that lease them, then sell them right before the end of their lease and pay off the truck and use the profit for their next down payment. I love to drive the V6 with a six speed. They are allot of fun.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Cant say the same about the Dodge holding its value....even with the limited edition status of the Daytona it aint worth squat...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BrianShaughnessy

Yoda gave my co worker  $12.5K for a 98 w/ 250K miles / 4 banger 5 speed.   Lots of miles but he never actually carried anything more than a set of golf clubs in it.
Complained about the gas mileage.
So he bought a new Prius but complains he can't carry anything in it.
Then he went back and bought an 06 tacoma outta Jersey for 14 or 16 K.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.