News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Yea for ME! I got hired by the V.A.

Started by b5blue, November 25, 2009, 06:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Well after struggling for the last 2 years with construction at a dead stop here in Florida I can finally hang up the old tool belt for good. The Veterans Administration called today and I'm hired! After months of filling out applications for anything I might be able to do there they have seen fit to hire me for there new position in supply. Finally a job with full benefits, paid vacations/holidays and some security. This is the best Thanksgiving in a long time. Bay Pines V.A. center is 2 miles from my house so I can keep using the Charger and start actually restoring the body next year! It's been rough and I want to encourage anyone out there to hang tough you will find work if you keep trying! I had a great boss in construction the last 10 years but when a small company can't get contracts your just out till they do. I wanted to work for the V.A. in some form to help all our Veterans who have given so much for our great country now that my 3 kids are mostly grown up. (my youngest is 16)  :icon_smile_big:       

squeakfinder

Congratulations. Nice to hear some good news.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Mr.Woolery

-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

skip68

:cheers:   Good for you.  Times are pretty bad but seem to be getting better.   :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

MoparManJim

268RTs4ME

Congradulations on your new employment, at least it not a deployment. Remember the veterans, they"ll never forget You.

b5blue

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

4cruzin

WOW you are now a minority . . . you have a job!   :yesnod:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

jb666

mikepmcs

Congrats. I'm in SSD myself here at Togus VA. I send exam requests frequently to Bay Pines for the snowbirds that live there in the winter and here in the summer.
I'm about to quit though.  I love the job, don't get me wrong but I can't stand the lack of leadership and the fact that people can't get fired. I'd have wiped out about a quarter of the people there already.  I miss the military very badly and don't function so well in the civilian sector or.... like to be around people for that matter.  
You're probably normal though, so you'll love it!  I'm not, so it's time for me to move on I think.

Wonder if Blackwater is still hiring. :lol:

Congratulations again, you'll do great!!! :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

71ChallengeHer

Steve P.

That's fantastic Neal. Very happy to hear it... But I don't think I'd be driving the Charger to the VA. Some of us are old farts and can't park very well..  ;)  Not me of course, but some....  :D

Congrats buddy..... :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

RD

congrats.. i used to work for the VA.. be prepared for bureaucracy and a dog eat dog world... not sure how it will apply to you, but the VA can be very "heavy" on their employees.  My advice, go in there, be good acquaintances, but never allow them to know the real you... there were a lot of "opportunists" where i worked and it was very very disheartening.  Due to this, i resigned and never looked back.

Not trying to dissuade you, just suggesting you be very careful who you friend.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

b5blue

I have a friend who has been there 2 years. Prior to his start I kept telling him to hear me in the back of his head saying: SHUT UP! (He's a good yacker) Now he is telling me the same thing you are.  :2thumbs: In his case I remind him he is giving me my own advice back. I'm very aware of this type of thing and have no grand plans to rule, I want to help the system that takes care of our Veterans. I would be very interested in what happened to you in your situation if you wanted to PM me about it. If not I understand it's behind you. (There is already buzz going on apparently as my position is new to the system) 

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: b5blue on November 25, 2009, 06:57:24 PM
Well after struggling for the last 2 years with construction at a dead stop here in Florida I can finally hang up the old tool belt for good. The Veterans Administration called today and I'm hired! After months of filling out applications for anything I might be able to do there they have seen fit to hire me for there new position in supply. Finally a job with full benefits, paid vacations/holidays and some security. This is the best Thanksgiving in a long time. Bay Pines V.A. center is 2 miles from my house so I can keep using the Charger and start actually restoring the body next year! It's been rough and I want to encourage anyone out there to hang tough you will find work if you keep trying! I had a great boss in construction the last 10 years but when a small company can't get contracts your just out till they do. I wanted to work for the V.A. in some form to help all our Veterans who have given so much for our great country now that my 3 kids are mostly grown up. (my youngest is 16)  :icon_smile_big:       
Great News.  I was at the VA yesterday working on the elevators.  I love walking through the halls of people that fought for my freedom. :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

b5blue

Thanks! I consider it an honor to help them and count myself lucky to have been chosen, apparently many applied.  :cheers: (now the long wait till end of Jan. to start)

hemi68charger

Cool !!!!   congrad's........... Your new nickname is "Klinger".....    :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

b5blue

hemi68charger

Quote from: b5blue on December 04, 2009, 08:26:03 AM
I'd prefer "Radar"  :o

:smilielol:  That was actually going to be my 1st reply, but thought I'd look like a moron saying that since Klinger was the supply NCO...  

But, Radar it is....  :2thumbs:
Now you need to decorate your office/cubicle like M*A*S*H
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection