News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much HP loss going back to stock iron intake?

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, November 23, 2009, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Im currently running a CB4B Eddy intake on my 440 with stock exhaust manifolds

How much if any of the butt dyno HP am I sacrificing if I go back to the stock iron HP manifold?   :shruggy:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

IMO not a lot on the butt dyno, some but not so much that I would think you'll feel it greatly just driving around. :Twocents: :shruggy:

RECHRGD

It's hard to say.  I know that when I changed from the e-brock Performer (close to a stock unit except aluminum) to the RPM there was definitely a seat of the pants increase in power.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

firefighter3931

It'll lose some power and be noticable.  :P

The CH4B is an awesome piece....if you decide to switch lemme know because i'll buy it !!!  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

Would it really be that noticeable with the stock manifolds on the exit side?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

firefighter3931

Chris, if you do replace the intake the best factory piece is the 70-71 manifold. It's still a step backwards, inmo.....but that's your call.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yeah I know but I wouldn't be going for the wrong year manifold as well,  if I was going to be taking that step back....I dont want to fall on my azz while taking that step back, so to speak, as well ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rav440

why do you want to change the CH4B back to a stock intake ? to make it factoy correct ? wouldnt the CH4B still be correct if it has the CHRYSLER part # on it ? or wasnt it offered yet as a factory ad on in 69 ?
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 23, 2009, 02:12:59 PM
It'll lose some power and be noticable.  :P

The CH4B is an awesome piece....if you decide to switch lemme know because i'll buy it !!!  ;)

Ron

I have the ch4b off Sinnamon sitting in the basement if you need it.

I was looking for a HSD or MP M1 to run on it... someday.  

Edit: added pic.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

firefighter3931

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on November 27, 2009, 09:13:10 AM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 23, 2009, 02:12:59 PM
It'll lose some power and be noticable.  :P

The CH4B is an awesome piece....if you decide to switch lemme know because i'll buy it !!!  ;)

Ron

I have the ch4b off Sinnamon sitting in the basement if you need it.

I was looking for a HSD or MP M1 to run on it... someday. 

Cool...send me a pm with your paypal info Brian  :2thumbs:

Ron

Sixt8Chrgr

Is CH4B an acronym for something?

What is the best aftermarket intake for a stock 68 383-4bbl?

Nacho-RT74

Chriss... one thing for sure... you won't loose more than the stock specs ;D ( and I think you are plenty... don't you ? )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

The only reason it would come off is because Im reinstalling the factory A/C setup and Im not sure if the CH4B has the provisions for the compressor brackets in the right spots....yet
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 27, 2009, 09:28:55 PM
The only reason it would come off is because Im reinstalling the factory A/C setup and Im not sure if the CH4B has the provisions for the compressor brackets in the right spots....yet

Chris what did you find out?  I'm in the process of rebuilding my engine and i want to re-install my factory A/C system.  Do i need to reuse my factory intake (boat anchor)?

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparmoynihan

I feel the Eddy Performer RPM is the best intake manifold out there. I had one on a warmed over 383, I felt a major differnce. I have one on my 440 with Eddy heads as well. Think about it, with the way technology has advanced with performance parts, putting that old antique on would be like running a marathon breathing through a straw. :Twocents:
b7 1969 Charger 4 speed 440 4:10

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparmoynihan on March 02, 2010, 11:49:57 AM
I feel the Eddy Performer RPM is the best intake manifold out there. I had one on a warmed over 383, I felt a major differnce. I have one on my 440 with Eddy heads as well. Think about it, with the way technology has advanced with performance parts, putting that old antique on would be like running a marathon breathing through a straw. :Twocents:

This one?  http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-7193/

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

firefighter3931

There's not much difference between the RPM and CH4B from most of the dyno data i've seen. On a 600hp build there might be 10-12hp....as the build gets milder the returns are diminished.  :yesnod:

The feature i really like about the CH4B is the low height which allows for the stock throttle & kickdown linkage. A stock aircleaner assembly will also clear the factory hood if you're going for that "look"  :2thumbs:

The RPM requires a drop base air cleaner assembly and aftermarket throttle cable & kickdown cable assemblies. That just adds complications and expense to the installation. If you have a 4spd the kickdown is a non issue.

Ron

Chatt69chgr

I'm also curious to know whether the CH4B was available from Chrysler in 1969 as a dealer option. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 02, 2010, 11:38:58 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 27, 2009, 09:28:55 PM

Chris what did you find out?  I'm in the process of rebuilding my engine and i want to re-install my factory A/C system.  Do i need to reuse my factory intake (boat anchor)?

Paul

sigh....boat anchor it shall be IF you want to be "correct" (using the tube support brackets on the compressor)   The runners are too tall & the coil mounting boss is not in the correct location (on the CH4B anyway)
I have seen cars run by using just the front & rear compressor mounting brackets only, but I figured all the extra stabilization I can get with that 50lb paper weight on the frot of the block Ill take....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

....even went against all suggestions & I am getting the "correct" 4640SA Carter rebuilt by Scott Smith of Harms Automotive out in WA    :slap:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Be forewarned Paul.....the underhood A/C lines, brackets etc are 69 B Body 440 specific only!   They are a one year deal.

The front compressor bracket is the only one that will work on both the 383 & 440.....the rear bracket & the tube brackets are 440 only

Just an FYI if you dont have the stuff already....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 02, 2010, 03:52:39 PM
Be forewarned Paul.....the underhood A/C lines, brackets etc are 69 B Body 440 specific only!   They are a one year deal.

The front compressor bracket is the only one that will work on both the 383 & 440.....the rear bracket & the tube brackets are 440 only

Just an FYI if you dont have the stuff already....

Thanks.  Yes i do have everything (or at least i think i do) that came off the car that the previous owner gave me in a box when i picked the car up.  So it should be original to the car.  I guess i'll find out soon enough. 

Paul   :popcrn:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Let me know if you need help with any part ID's
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

firefighter3931

Looks good (as usual) Chris ! Any idea how much weight you've added to the car ?  :scratchchin:

I guess her racing days are over  :bawling:  :lol:

Ron