News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the average price for a paint job?

Started by elanmars, November 23, 2009, 02:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elanmars

Just curious what the going rates are in general, if there's such a thing and how long it should usuallytake, I'd be getting something not too fancy, I want the car black. Not quite flat black, just a little sheen on it but not mirror, if that makes sense. Unfortunately the guy I had doing bodywork/paint, is not only NOT very committed to doing it and sucks at communicating but has taken 4 months and I need my car.

I gave up after being told it was done and it only needed the paint to go on and I go look at it yesterday and it's only half-way primed, two weeks later. Won't answer calls, txt messages and was conveniently not there last night when I went to go pick up my car. Works when he wants to, conveniently the days he decides to work on it are the days that are A) RAINY or B) it's too cold...oh and lets not forget C) he doesn't have a place to work on it indoors.

It's so frustrating to have to deal with such unprofessional-ism and immaturity but that's what I get for being stupid, hoping the best out of people and going the cheap route. Nothing against the guy on a personal level-he does do great work when he actually DOES IT but I can't have the car sitting for 2 weeks with no work and then zero communication, no updates, no hey "I can't work on the car because x y and z", nothing, I always have to go out of my way to check on the car and see what's going on. I've been far too nice and patient.

I should have just saved enough to get a car that didn't need so much work but I had to be a tard and go after a really good deal. It'll all be worth it in the end, right??
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

FLG

What are you looking for? Just clean it up and spray? Or are you looking for it to get primed, blocked and made nice and straight then sprayed?

Cooter

I've heard and seen anywhere from $1000.00-$5000.00 for a basic prep, block, paint, buff paint job, course, i haven't SEEN the final job yet either....As long as I have a buffer, I will paint myself cause you can make primer shine with a buffer....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

elanmars

the car right now is 75%-85% primed, buffed and blocked. just need some minor straightening/cleaning for the remaining areas and then straight to spraying.

and not going for a mirror finish or anything super fancy, just somewhere in between the flat black and mirror. the car is a driver and I want to focus more on other details first, I just don't need it looking like I just rescued it from a junkyard.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

bull

I'd figure on $5k to $8k for what you described.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722