News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger/Mopar deals I'm finding but I'm cash poor and it sucks------------------

Started by skip68, November 23, 2009, 12:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I tell you guys this, there are some sweet deals right now.   With times the way they are right now there are tons of deals on cars.   I found an original 68 383 numbers matching solid complete Charger w/bucket headrest seats, am/fm radio, clean inside and out last night.  I missed this one by a few months.  A guy just got it for $2,200....  :brickwall:   This was one of those deals you never find but hear about.   Today, I go and find a Duster, 73 RR and a 71 Charger.   The guy told me to come back in the morning and talk with his dad about the Charger.  He was going to put a motor in it years ago but had a stroke and there it sits.  This will be for my son if I can do some wheeling and dealing.   :2thumbs:   I've got my eye on about 5 Chargers right now that I'm trying to grab but just don't have the cash flow right now and it kills me.   I'm in the desert and the cars out here are all over with little or no rust.   I just hate seeing trucks with trailers taking cars away.    :rotz:   I've got a guy that has some cash that I've been talking to about picking up some cars and sitting on them a bit and then flip them down the road.  We'll see what happens.   :shruggy:   Times are tuff and I do feel for these folks that have to sell the cars but dam I want to take advantage of these deals sooooooo bad it hurts.   ;)   I have plenty of room to keep the cars (1 1/4 acre) out back so I've been really thinking about starting to grab these deals that are all over and start selling them.    :shruggy:   I know that will make me look bad to some and I would be branded a flipper.   :rotz:  But I can't remember the last time I've seen as many cars around for so cheap.    I'm sure you guys are finding some great deals to but like most of us just don't have the cash flow.    All you guys reading this that are looking for a Charger, NOW IS YOUR TIME.  :yesnod:  This is a very very good time to get your hands on a Charger if you have been looking.  I know I would like to get some 3rd gen's because I think we are going to see a spike in those real soon.  

Chuck............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Daytona R/T SE

If ya happen to run across a cheap rust free '72 Charger.... :scratchchin:

It could save me a year or so worth of cuttin' and weldin'  ;)

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Daytona R/T SE

No, after '72 the bodies changed significantly.

'71 and '72 there are only minor differences -side marker light holes, etc.

skip68

:2thumbs:   I was going to say there is a complete 74 factory sun roof solid car for $700-$800.   And that one is on Craigslist.   The ones I find are not listed for sale. 

Daytona R/T SE

That would make a 73-74 guy a neat car.

Personally I won't buy one newer than a '72.

They just changed them too much for my taste starting in '73.

I'd like to find a '72 Special Edition like I had back in '82...

Or Maybe a '72 Rallye.

I have two '72s now, but they both need a ton of rust repair :eek2:

Of course I shouldn't even be thinking of another car right now, with my Daytona
Clone in the paint shop, and the expense that goes along with that :slap:

elanmars

1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

bakerhillpins

GAH!!!

I'm getting soooooooooo close to having the finances setup. Things may just pull together in the next month or 2. Too bad I would be one of those guys putting it on a trailer and dragging it off to the evil northeast.  :shruggy:

Help a guy out on finding a 68/9  :cheers:

Bryan
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

skip68

Quote from: elanmars on November 23, 2009, 02:51:44 AM
hook a brother up with some deals!! link to that craiglist charger??

PM sent !   :2thumbs:

I know you guys back east love these desert cars.   Hell, we all do.    :yesnod:

skip68

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 23, 2009, 08:48:37 AM
GAH!!!

I'm getting soooooooooo close to having the finances setup. Things may just pull together in the next month or 2. Too bad I would be one of those guys putting it on a trailer and dragging it off to the evil northeast.  :shruggy:

Bryan

:2thumbs:   Great, kick me some cash and we'll by some cars.    :icon_smile_big:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: skip68 on November 23, 2009, 10:05:18 AM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 23, 2009, 08:48:37 AM
GAH!!!

Bryan

:2thumbs:   Great, kick me some cash and we'll by some cars.    :icon_smile_big:

Be careful what you wish for.  :naughty: You may just be getting a PM from me in the near future.  :yesnod:  ;D

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Dans 68

Quote from: skip68 on November 23, 2009, 12:30:25 AM
...I have plenty of room to keep the cars (1 1/4 acre) out back so I've been really thinking about starting to grab these deals that are all over and start selling them.    :shruggy:   ....

The only problem is that if you have that much storage space is that they will accumulate.  :scratchchin: Then we can start calling you "Travis light"!  :laugh:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

BB1

I check crageslist in Arizona, Nevada, and SoCal everyday, looking for rust free car bodies, and anything on wheels.

I'll post what I find, if I don't want it.  :D No really I can't buy anything for 12 months.

Chargers
Darts
Coronets
Roadrunners
Cudas
Challengers
Polaras
Furys
Demons
Dusters

:scope:
Delete my profile

JPL

skip68

Hey BB1, do you ever go out looking outside of town ?     ;)   I found 2 68-69 mustang fastbacks, a 67 camaro, some darts and 2 cuda's yesterday as well.   :rotz:   I took pictures with my phone but have no way of posting them until we get a better computer.     The Cuda's are not for sale.   I think I want to really try and put something together.  Like I said, I've not seen deals (prices) like this in years.   I guess it's just like houses, now is the time to buy.  So, all you rich guys send cash and lets start a bone yard.   :rofl:   I do want to show you guys that 68 Charger that was $2,200.    :brickwall:    Again, it was not listed for sale and that's the best kind of deal.  It will make you guys sick because it is nice.  I paid $5,500 for my roller 4 years ago and was happy.    I know I have my car but I just want more.    ;)

BB1

No, I figure people want to advertise in town for max exposure; maybe not.

I'd like to get a couple acres for a small Mopar wrecking yard out here.
Hope the neighbors wont mind.  ::)
Delete my profile

The70RT

The banks are stingy now. They would not give me a collateral loan on my 12K and a 25K valued cars. They asked what I was wanting the money for and I said to invest in some classics. They said no because it is a want not a need item...wtf.  :brickwall:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger440RDN

Are those classic car loan places like JJ Best still loaning money? Or have they gotten stingy too like the regular banks? I would like to use one of those muscle car loan places when I purchase my Charger. I know "First Again" is not loaning anymore.

TruckDriver

I won't have no money to buy something til this coming Feburary. You just watch, there will be nothing at that time. Never is when I have the money :P  I would love to own a 2nd gen again.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69charger2002

Quote from: Dans 68 on November 23, 2009, 10:43:28 AM
...I have plenty of room to keep the cars (1 1/4 acre) out back so I've been really thinking about starting to grab these deals that are all over and start selling them.    :shruggy:   ....

The only problem is that if you have that much storage space is that they will accumulate.  :scratchchin: Then we can start calling you "Travis light"!  :laugh:

Dan

HEY NOW!!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Belgium R/T -68

Chuck, I don't see any reason why you should feel bad because you want to make a good deal when the market and or peoples
situation gives the opportunity. If you don't somebody else will.  :Twocents:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

NGC414

I've got my eye on about 5 Chargers right now that I'm trying to grab but just don't have the cash flow right now and it kills me.   I'm in the desert and the cars out here are all over with little or no rust.   I just hate seeing trucks with trailers taking cars away.   

What kind of deals are the 5 chargers your looking at?

squeakfinder

I tell you guys this, there are some sweet deals right now.   With times the way they are right now there are tons of deals on cars.   I found an original 68 383 numbers matching solid complete Charger w/bucket headrest seats, am/fm radio, clean inside and out last night.  I missed this one by a few months.  A guy just got it for $2,200....  :brickwall:   This was one of those deals you never find but hear about.   Today, I go and find a Duster, 73 RR and a 71 Charger.   The guy told me to come back in the morning and talk with his dad about the Charger.  He was going to put a motor in it years ago but had a stroke and there it sits.  This will be for my son if I can do some wheeling and dealing.   :2thumbs:   I've got my eye on about 5 Chargers right now that I'm trying to grab but just don't have the cash flow right now and it kills me.   I'm in the desert and the cars out here are all over with little or no rust.   I just hate seeing trucks with trailers taking cars away.    :rotz:   I've got a guy that has some cash that I've been talking to about picking up some cars and sitting on them a bit and then flip them down the road.  We'll see what happens.   :shruggy:   Times are tuff and I do feel for these folks that have to sell the cars but dam I want to take advantage of these deals sooooooo bad it hurts.   ;)   I have plenty of room to keep the cars (1 1/4 acre) out back so I've been really thinking about starting to grab these deals that are all over and start selling them.    :shruggy:   I know that will make me look bad to some and I would be branded a flipper.   :rotz:  But I can't remember the last time I've seen as many cars around for so cheap.    I'm sure you guys are finding some great deals to but like most of us just don't have the cash flow.    All you guys reading this that are looking for a Charger, NOW IS YOUR TIME.  :yesnod:  This is a very very good time to get your hands on a Charger if you have been looking.  I know I would like to get some 3rd gen's because I think we are going to see a spike in those real soon.   

Chuck............

I don't see anything wrong with it. It's the sellers decision to part with the vehicle for money. For somebody to think ill of you is silly. What good does it do if you do have the cash but don't want to offend others by taking advantage of a good deal. Truth is, your hurting the seller. He/she will be stuck with the car and no money.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

mauve66

4 grand for a clapped out satellite, i would be looking for more of a "deal"
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim