News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Classic" rock songs you absolutely can't stand

Started by 71charger_fan, November 30, 2005, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 30, 2005, 09:40:18 AM
Anyone who turns on a radio these days for the very first time & tunes into a classic rock station, or even an oldies station, would think that there were only 9 bands or singers that ever existed from the 1950's all the way to the 1970's. In that same span, there were only 13 songs ever recorded in total. I hate hearing all of them over, & over, & over, so I stopped listening to the radio except for college stations that play different things.

Whether the songs are good or not, I hate hearing.....

Staiway to Heaven
Surfin' Safari
Freebird
Anything by Janis Joplin

I agree. I'm not a big music fan anyway.  I'm not into music at all.  I like talk radio. I have since I was a kid.

ChargerBill

Quote from: Lowprofile on December 01, 2005, 02:56:19 AM
Moody Blues      :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Yeah, every single song except one...and I have a good reason. The one song i will sit through is Nights in White Satin and here's my reason: It was my mom and dads song and out of respect and a little sentimentality I actually enjoy it. What person here doesn't smile at the thought of their father and mother first falling in love?...
Life is a highway...

Shakey

Quote from: ChargerBill on December 01, 2005, 05:49:09 PM
Quote from: Lowprofile on December 01, 2005, 02:56:19 AM
Moody Blues      :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Yeah, every single song except one...and I have a good reason. The one song i will sit through is Nights in White Satin and here's my reason: It was my mom and dads song and out of respect and a little sentimentality I actually enjoy it. What person here doesn't smile at the thought of their father and mother first falling in love?...

You said falling in love correct, not making love!     :icon_smile_big:

Actually, my folks did it twice.   The first time in 1962 then the divorce took place in 1986 and they just remarried this past summer, after 19 years apart.

TruckDriver

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 01, 2005, 03:32:22 PM
Sadly, I've never seen KISS in concert. Maybe one day.

Well, look at it this way, in the next 15 - 20 years, they will be in a retirement home and if your lucky, well they will do house shows for free :D

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 01, 2005, 01:09:58 AM
All Neil Young crap, couldn`t hit a note with a nuke bomb
All Boob Dylan Crap , no talent
:iagree: :no:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

ya know who bores me now?... UFO... Rock Bottom Baby!   :icon_smile_dead:

ChargerBill

Life is a highway...

General_01

I turn the radio station anytime:

Bob Dylan is on.
Any newer U2 comes on.I like their 80's stuff because I was in high school in the mid 80's.(Humor me and pretend that is a good reason) :)
Kiss is on(I say this because my station thinks the only song they recorded was R&R All Night)

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Danny Gutierrez

I used to LOVE Kansas and Boston but now I'm just burnt on any of their songs.  Don't freak out on me but I forgot the name of the guy (I've been drinking) :P who sings "Bad to the Bone" and "one Bourbon, one Scotch, and one Beer".  I've had enough of those two songs!!
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: danny gutierrez on December 02, 2005, 12:57:52 AM
   who sings "Bad to the Bone" and "one Bourbon, one Scotch, and one Beer".   I've had enough of those two songs!!
George Thoroughgood ... I agree not great either

TruckDriver

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 02, 2005, 02:15:50 AM
Quote from: danny gutierrez on December 02, 2005, 12:57:52 AM
    who sings "Bad to the Bone" and "one Bourbon, one Scotch, and one Beer".   I've had enough of those two songs!!
George Thoroughgood ... I agree not great either

another that can't sing  :iagree:  :puke:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

NHCharger

Any song by SuperTramp makes me want to vomit.
Pink Floyd and their never ending tribute to drugs. Ever hear some of their old songs from the 60's like "seven furry creatures sitting in a cave grooving on a pic" ::)
Interesting note on Gordon Lightfoot. His song "Sundown" was about his ex GF. The same woman that gave/injected John Buleishi with his fatal speedball overdose.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Shakey

Quote from: NHCharger on December 02, 2005, 07:46:10 AM
Interesting note on Gordon Lightfoot. His song "Sundown" was about his ex GF. The same woman that gave/injected John Buleishi with his fatal speedball overdose.

I didn't know that.

F'ing Canadians eh!

volk68

As a radio programmer, I see that many of you have confused classic rock with oldies, nevertheless, for the sake of continuity, here are the bands/songs I loathe that I regularly am forced to play on my oldies station and a few that I hate from classic rock:

Bob Dylan- 'nuff said
The Eagles
Edgar Winter Group- Free Ride?  Frankenstein?  They suck
Elton John
Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
Dire Straits
Fleetwood Mac
Rod Stewart
Phil Collins/Genesis- Stewart and Collins should be dropped into a glass of water from an orbiting shuttle
Chicago
Journey
Boston
Foreigner
Rush-as annoying as Dylan

There are many more, but this is a good start.

71bee

Man, I can't believe how much KISS worshipping we have here! KISS SUCKS. PERIOD! no talent freak show wanabees!!! you can't bash me, cause those of you who like 'em, obviously have never played guitar, bass or drums. I tell you there is NO TALENT INVOLVED! just a lil' crap band that gave the rebellious kiddies a boner!     PEACE! LOVE & UNITY! (without Kiss) :icon_smile_big:

my73charger

Rush :puke:
Elton John :puke: :puke:
Neil Young  :-X :-[ :'( :puke: :puke: :puke:

I was a member of the KISS Army forever it seems, seen them in concert long before they took off there makeup.   :punkrocka:
Lynyrd Skynyrd will forever be my all time favorite band.  Contrary to others I can listen to every note of Free Bird over and over again and never get sick of it.  Gary Rossington, Allen Collins and Steve Gaines were my fav line up from LS.  Although I love Ed King's contributions and enjoy Rick Medlocke today.   :rock: :rock: :rock:

my73charger

Quote from: 71bee on December 03, 2005, 12:03:21 AM
Man, I can't believe how much KISS worshipping we have here! KISS SUCKS. PERIOD! no talent freak show wanabees!!! you can't bash me, cause those of you who like 'em, obviously have never played guitar, bass or drum. I tell you there is NO TALENT INVOLVED! just a lil' crap band that gave the rebellious kiddies a boner!   PEACE! LOVE & UNITY! (without Kiss) :icon_smile_big:

Not true, I like KISS, they were about my youth.  And I have played guitar for 25 years.  And for having no talent they sure did make a ton of money and gather a mass following....anyway thats your opinion and welcome to it.

71bee

Thank you for being such a sweet heart! I too have played for about 25 yrs. and I gack every time I hear a freakin' KISS song. yes, it is only my opinion but it is the TRUTH!  NO TALENT IN THAT BAND- PERIOD!    P.S. I love you guys! :icon_smile:

my73charger

Quote from: 71bee on December 03, 2005, 12:45:47 AM
Thank you for being such a sweet heart! I too have played for about 25 yrs. and I gack every time I hear a freakin' KISS song. yes, it is only my opinion but it is the TRUTH! NO TALENT IN THAT BAND! PERIOD!

I gack everytime another guy calls me a sweetheart.   :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

71bee

my73charger

Wait, I get it now, you were listening to Disco back then...Bee Gees maybe?   :apimp: :smilielol:

But, just so you know I like yeah cause you drive a mopar friend. :drive:

71bee

aint nuthin' wrong with good clean, rivalry fun! :icon_smile_big:     P.S. Bee Gees, Sister Sledge, Blondie, Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath and all that other "disco" shit, I was into it...

Andrew

diego-ted

Yea todays bands are all much better :icon_smile_dead: :icon_smile_dead: :icon_smile_sad:, I will take all from the 50 to the 70s maybe a little 80s and you kids can have the rest!!

diego
Diego

American Steel, Mopars and Hogs You gotta love it.
http://www.freewebs.com/diego_tedsamericansteel

71bee

Quote from: Andrew on December 03, 2005, 04:37:38 AM
No talent?

http://www.kisstabs.com/tablature.shtml
yep, NO TALENT! they made (and as far as I know) are still making a ton-o-cash. they had (and still have) a ton-o-followers, they made a ton-o-records, toured and sold out EVERYWHERE they played (except through the 80's.) still, no talent. sorry. you guys have fun collecting your lil' KISS barbie dolls, and continue trying to lick your eyelids with your Gene Simmons toungue, I have better music to listen to. :nana:

TruckDriver

You want no talent, listen to Nirvana or any grunge band :no: :puke:
PETE