News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Classic" rock songs you absolutely can't stand

Started by 71charger_fan, November 30, 2005, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemihead

Well, My #1 on the list has to be THE most overrated, no talent band on the planet EVER- The Beatles.Followed closely by any other no talent
band played by pop music stations.Any band that plays just to earn a buck should live in poverity for the rest of their lives.
At least the members of Zep cared about artist value.God I Hate Yuppies!
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Spartan

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on November 30, 2005, 08:52:20 PM
Lightfoot is actually doing some touring and I think this will be the last chance to see him live....

I saw him in concert about 16 years ago.  He played on Earth-day at MSU when I went to school there.  My wife and I were dating at the time.  Awsome show, he played a pile of requests and his oncore was just him and his 12 string.  It was really good.  My wife saw him again about 5 years ago (I had to work).  Last I heard his health wasn't so good.  If he hits Detroit I will definitely go see him.

Rush is great too.  I have been on a Rush kick lately "Closer to the Heart" and "Fly by Night" I have played once a day for about a week, lol.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

TruckDriver

Quote from: bull on November 30, 2005, 11:23:50 AM
I'll probably get blasted for this but I've never understood all the hype over Led Zepplin. I've only ever liked a few of their songs and by "like" I really mean "tolerate." Janis Joplin is another and for the life of me I just can't make myself enjoy anything by Jimmy Hendrix. Never really cared for The Doors either. Don't like Elton John. Never even got excited about The Beatles or The Stones or Aerosmith. I do like a lot of what they call Southern rock such as Skynard, ZZ TOP, Allman Bros. and 38 Special among others.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Except, I like a dozen or so songs each by Elton John & .38 Special.

Quote from: 71charger_fan on November 30, 2005, 09:12:00 AM
"Roxanne" by the Police. It still boggles my mind that people paid money for that.
:iagree: :down:

Quote from: andy74 on November 30, 2005, 10:22:37 AM
i cringe when i hear freebird,sweet home alabama,and the grateful dead
:iagree: :down:

Quote from: CB on November 30, 2005, 02:32:43 PM
song: :puke: 'paradise by the dashbord lights' from Meatlove. I makes me wanna trash something. Or some-one.

Group: Also can't stand U2, Sting, Santana (can't stand electric guitar) and other bone heads.

OK, now I am some turt  ;D
:iagree: :down: :puke:

Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 30, 2005, 04:05:39 PM
I just can't stand stevie nicks' "I'm gettin raped by a goat" voice.
:iagree: :iagree: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

And I love Kiss! BUT, I have to agree on the overkill playing of "Rock And Roll All Night. I hate the song now and I used to like it.  :-X

U2 also blows chunks :puke:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

derailed

Quote from: hemihead on November 30, 2005, 09:21:28 PM
Well, My #1 on the list has to be THE most overrated, no talent band on the planet EVER- The Beatles.!

:iagree:

4cruzin

Well I'm lucky when it comes to radio stations as I get all the Detroit and all the Lansing stations so I have about 7 stations to choose from when it comes to classic rock!!   But the group that just makes me cringe is The Cars . . . just can't seem to change that station fast enough.   lol   They played the sh!t out of that song . . . My best friends girlfriend!   Yuck!  

That pic with Getty Lee is sweet. I'm a huge RUSH fan too!   Hope they come to Detroit again soon!     :musik010:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

ChargerBill

The Beatles really get on my nerves too...I think there are like 5 songs that I can stomach and the rest make me want to put my head in the oven.

I'm a product of the 80's, so I personally like The Police and U2....
Life is a highway...

71bee

Quote from: ChargerBill on November 30, 2005, 11:29:42 PM
The Beatles really get on my nerves too...I think there are like 5 songs that I can stomach and the rest make me want to put my head in the oven.

:2thumbs: I too am a previous dweller of 80'sville. but I like it a bit more VIOLENT! give me some ol' school Metallica, Slayer and some killer Coroner. you can have all the old bands that you folks have mentioned, I'm sick of every single one of 'em!!!! :down:

derailed

Funny thing with me about the beattles is I can somewhat tolerate there stuff when they are solo but when they are together as the beattles it makes me want to jump out of the car

HeavyFuel

Well, My #1 on the list has to be THE most overrated, no talent band on the planet EVER- The Beatles.Followed closely by any other no talent
band played by pop music stations.Any band that plays just to earn a buck should live in poverity for the rest of their lives.
At least the members of Zep cared about artist value.God I Hate Yuppies!

Quote from: drailed on November 30, 2005, 10:09:49 PM
Well, My #1 on the list has to be THE most overrated, no talent band on the planet EVER- The Beatles.!

Sheesh, why don't you two start up a band and show the Fab Four how it's done?  Most folks are kinda sick of their songs, or maybe never liked them to start with, but "no talent"?  C'mon.

Ya gotta remember, they started out in the early '60's, that's over 40 years ago (I did the math so you wouldn't have to).  Their stuff was cutting edge back then.  Cripes, take a look at most of the culture from the early 60's compared to now, it's lame as hell.  But John Lennon, Paul McCartney, and George Harrison have to be a few of the most talented musicians to come along.

By the way, Hemi, what do YOU do to make a buck?

derailed

I never liked there sound, actually i hate it. Like I said I can tolerate some solo Paul McCartney and Lennon stuff but as far as Beatles go  :puke: but thats only my opinion

derailed

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 30, 2005, 03:59:02 PM

Hey OC,

Have you ever heard Fleetwood Mac before Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks? It's a completely different band, & the even earlier stuff was almost all blues & actually very good. I was shocked to hear it after so many years of the top 40 sounds they did later on.

Its funny you mentioned that Old Mopars, Im a big Dave Mason and Bob Welsh fan

Chryco Psycho

All Beetles crap ,definatly no talent ,90% of their stuff has Violins & an orchestra ... who played the orchestra ???
All Neil Young crap, couldn`t hit a note with a nuke bomb
All Boob Dylan Crap , no talent
those 3 get me changing staions everytime   

4 Cruzin definatly has the stations !!!

derailed

Chryco Psycho

adding to the list
Janis Joplin
Bryan Adams summer of 69 .. gag , I was giving th ealbum & swore I would not open it until I quit hearing it on the radio Everyday , the album is still sealed & froever will be
Peter frampton is also over played to death &
I Hate meatloafer

skip68

Janis Joplin, AC/DC, Bob Dylan, Led Zepplin, ect, Had no real vocal talent even though some songs were not that bad. But back then it wasn't about vocal skill, it was drugs, freedom, and a storytelling... :image_294343: :puke: My favorite song to hate is STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :no: :brickwall: :image_294343: :cryin: :cussing: :moon: :nutkick: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:                                            O.K. You can spank me now....CHUCK...
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

monty76

What kills me is that Guns and Roses is starting to pop-up on the oldies stations. Me thinks I'm getting elderly

skip68

Yep, I know what you mean. I've noticed that some of the songs from the 80's are now on some classic rock stations. Man! I be old toooooooooooooooooo. Chuck.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Lowprofile

Some good choices on here guys...... Here's the few I could live without

Led Zepplin         Without a doubt, the most overrated band EVER!
Pink Floyd            Can you say    " Pass the Bong, Dude"   Booring!
Moody Blues      :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Beatles                  :ahum: :ahum: :ahum: :ahum: :ahum:    Whatever, I'm over it.

Styx                      I like the song "Snowblind" But Dennis DeYoung faged them right out. :icon_smile_kisses:
The Strolling Bones   :icon_smile_dead: :icon_smile_dead: :icon_smile_dead:   
Bob Dillion          He might be a good writer, but who the fuck told him he could sing. :rotz:

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

skip68

I think it was Janis Joplin that told Bob Dylan "Hey man, you can really sing"Far out! :slap: Or maybe it was Forrest, Forrest Gu-ump :icon_smile_tongue: CHUCK.............

Andrew

Mini-KISS

Its not really classic rock, but it makes me want to do something anti-social.
Masically "Little people" singing (murdering) kiss.
I dont have anything against them, but the only thing worse than hearing Rock and roll all nite hundreds of times is hearing it in a high pitched chipmunk voice.

Dont get me wrong, I love KISS, my two favourite songs would have to be "God of thunder" and "let me go, rock 'N roll"

TruckDriver

Quote from: drailed on December 01, 2005, 12:08:37 AM
Funny thing with me about the beattles is I can somewhat tolerate there stuff when they are solo but when they are together as the beattles it makes me want to jump out of the car

Although, "Back in the USSR", & "Help" are ok.

Quote from: Andrew on December 01, 2005, 04:00:57 AM
I love KISS, my two favourite songs would have to be "God of thunder" and "let me go, rock 'N roll"

"Destroyer" is still there best album period. But "R&R All Night" and "Beth" got sickning cause of radio stations that love to over play songs. Kiss is the 1st rock band I ever liked, but I personally think they were better in the '80s. And once the reunion tour eneded with Peter Criss, I think they should of took the makeup off again as that got old ecspecially because we all now know what they look like. I also love Ace Frehley's solo stuff a LOT! I have all his cds
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Neal_J

Never liked or understood Dylan.  Some worship him but I can't figure out why.  It certainly can't be attibutable to talent.

Neal J.

nh_mopar_fan

Guys,

There is no better KISS song than Black Diamond.

My brother is/was hardcore Kiss fan.

We saw them in 82, then we saw them in their first reunion tour in 1998. Then we saw them on the Psycho Circus tour. Then the tour they did with Skid Row and Nugent. Last time was with Aerosmith.

I am KISSED out.

Andrew

Black dimond is bloody marvelous, but I have a video of them on ABC in concert in 1974.
That version of "Nothin to lose" is bloody marvelous"

Charger_Fan

Sadly, I've never seen KISS in concert. Maybe one day.

So I'm wondering...if there's so many here who detest "Stairway to Heaven" or just Zeppelin in general (me included), CERTAINLY there's more people in the general populous that feel the same way, right?
SO WHY THE HELL DO THEY CONTINUE TO PLAY IT ON THE RADIO??? :icon_smile_angry:

I don't get it. :shruggy:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)