News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Classic" rock songs you absolutely can't stand

Started by 71charger_fan, November 30, 2005, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralley72

we have a couple of quote( classic rock ststion )here in KC. same old songs over, and over again. drives me nuts.One station should rename themselves. crappy rock songs played here. can't stand Led Zepplin, AC/DC, Rolling stones,Kiss, CCR, Brain Adams, John courger or what ever he calls himself, Alice Copper, and the worst of the worst Van Hallen.Its driven me to talk radio. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

twilt

Funny..... a lot of people here hate my fave bands. I liked the 80`s hairmetal. ;)

chargerboy69

Quote from: 72Rallye340-N96 on December 20, 2006, 12:02:35 PM
Funny..... a lot of people here hate my fave bands. I liked the 80`s hairmetal. ;)

:iagree: I was thinking the same thing. I love 80's hair metal.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

69DodgeCharger

Man if you guys think you have it bad you should come to northern Michigan and listen to "The Bear" 107.1 and several other frequencies. This last summer they "Redefined" classic rock, with gay shit like The Cure, Icycle Works, Modern English, Wall of Voodoo, GTR, Saga, Gun's & Rose's, Devo, 80's Foriegner, Bruce Springsteen, and so many crappy "old" rock tunes it is nauseating, The slogan was "The Bear will roar louder than ever", with that?.....email Tom at tom@classicrockthebear.com and tell him how bad they suck.........I know we have been
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

71charger_fan

It's been over year since this last floated near the top and we've had a lot of new members. After seeing some threads on various boards waxing nostalgic about Led Zep and remembering how many of us can't stand them, I was wondering which songs those that have joined in the last thirteen months or so can't bear to listen to.

68RT4ME

LedZep's "Stairway to Heaven"...... I HATE THAT SONG!!!  Too many others to list here. I don't really listen to regular radio anymore. I do listen to a show in my area called "The Love Doctors" and talk radio mostly. I also have Sirius Radio in my work car, my truck and the '71 where I can listen to NFL network, ESPN, etc and choose whatever music I'm in the mood for.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

hemihead

Quote from: 68RT4ME on January 24, 2008, 02:59:16 PM
LedZep's "Stairway to Heaven"...... I HATE THAT SONG!!!  Too many others to list here. I don't really listen to regular radio anymore. I do listen to a show in my area called "The Love Doctors" and talk radio mostly. I also have Sirius Radio in my work car, my truck and the '71 where I can listen to NFL network, ESPN, etc and choose whatever music I'm in the mood for.
IMO it is better than any Rap Crap , Beyonce , Madonna , Brittney , or any other the other garbage that they label as music today .
And how much  can you listen to someone rehashing the same football stuff over , and over , and over .....
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

19Charger68

Bruce

supserdave

I can't stand the Beatles, the fox here plays them alteast once or twice an hour it seems like.  :buff: And thats the only station we can get in this tin roof hell hole.

Janis Joplin to,  O0 The drugs must have been great back then or something.....????

69bronzeT5

Quote from: chargerboy69 on December 20, 2006, 12:11:40 PM

Same here! :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

rusty lee

I can't stand styx journey Kansas eddie money any water down "rock" classic rock stations seem to suck where ever you go.  so i got fed up and bought Sirius but sadly there channels repeat alot too. but they have so many channels that its still better than FM.  :Twocents:

Bandit72

Quote from: Neal_J on December 01, 2005, 12:20:54 PM
Never liked or understood Dylan.  Some worship him but I can't figure out why.  It certainly can't be attibutable to talent.

Neal J.

Dylan is an accquired taste i guess...i personally like his stuff...i do look at him more of a songwriter than a performer though.
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

moparstuart

Quote from: Bandit72 on January 25, 2008, 11:45:57 AM
Quote from: Neal_J on December 01, 2005, 12:20:54 PM
Never liked or understood Dylan.  Some worship him but I can't figure out why.  It certainly can't be attibutable to talent.

Neal J.

Dylan is an accquired taste i guess...i personally like his stuff...i do look at him more of a songwriter than a performer though.
I agree totally ,   he writes some great songs .  I dig his singing also but hendrix did All along the watch tower much better.

RDR-838

68RT4ME

Quote from: hemihead on January 24, 2008, 03:10:12 PM
Quote from: 68RT4ME on January 24, 2008, 02:59:16 PM
IMO it is better than any Rap Crap , Beyonce , Madonna , Brittney , or any other the other garbage that they label as music today .
And how much  can you listen to someone rehashing the same football stuff over , and over , and over .....

Don't remember ever saying anything about liking RAP Crap etc.... If you referring to the "Love Doctors", that's a talk show and only a talk show. Very funny with constanlty changing topics with no guests and calls coming in all day from the listeners. Google it. Not a football fan huh? NASCAR radio is good too when you want to catch up on what's going on there. Anyway, at 44 yrs old, I'm not into RAP. I have no idea what the HELL their talking about. It's like I know their speaking some form of english but I simply don't recognize it....lol  :smilielol:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

my73charger

Quote from: chargerboy69 on December 20, 2006, 12:11:40 PM

Me to.  I love the 80's hairbands.  Oh, yeah in case you forgot, Kiss rules!  :musik010: :METAL:

69bronzeT5

I'm not a fan of the Beatles. Dont like the Rolling Stones that much either.

rav440

the Beatles are the all time worst in my book
then
the eagles , i have no clue how they are even classified as rock  :shruggy: friggn country western i say  :yesnod:
thin lizzy
bob marley , not to sure how thats rock either
pink floyd
rush  :nana: neal aint no lars  :nana:
and
the beatles
yep i said them twice because thats how much i cant stand em

and F get on my last nerve nairvana they aint classic rock but i friggn hate them too  :RantExplode:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

69bronzeT5

Quote from: rav440 on January 25, 2008, 08:28:18 PM

bob marley , not to sure how thats rock either

When I saw Van Halen in December, his son (??? Marley..not Ziggy) opened up for Van Halen.....I went to the bathroom on purpose during the opening act

Mike DC

Z.Z.Top -- "La Grange." 

I didn't start out hating this one. 

But for a mediocre song, it's been so overplayed . . . I swear to god I'd rather hear Vanilla Ice at this point. 

DukesofHoward

Manfred318

Any song by Van Halen :yesnod: THat includes Van Hagar too :puke:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

moparstuart

I must just be too old I love all the stuff you guys hate

pettyfan43

One big problem is the"clear channel" owned "classic Rock" stations have the same standardized playlist and it is pretty narrow.  Most have John Boy and Billy in the AM and the same 40-50 songs they always play, no matter the artist, they have about 4-5 songs they will play.

WHen I am home and working on models or something in the little hobby room, I turn on WDRV 97.1  from Chicago on the computer. I like the variety of songs they play and I have listened most all day on Sunday and never heard repeats and heard a lot of things you never hear or that I have never heard.  www.wdrv.com

Song I can't stand? Led Zeppelin, pick one! Easier to tell you what I DO like of theirs, as it is to say what I DON'T.

I'm FROM Alabama and lived here ALL MY LIFE! And if I never hear Sweet Home ALabama again (unofficially known as the Redneck national anthem, followed closely by FREEBIRD) it will be fine with me.  FOR THE LOVE give it a rest people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!