News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Classic" rock songs you absolutely can't stand

Started by 71charger_fan, November 30, 2005, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aone415

Quote from: 4cruzin on June 27, 2010, 10:48:07 AM
Well it appears that there are alot of different opinions on music here as I just read this whole thread.  As stated prior, I am a huge RUSH fan as they were my biggest influence in my guitar playing.  I think I probably have most of their 38 albums and my favorite is the latest one . . snakes and arrows.  There isn't a song on there that I don't like. 

But back on topic  . . . Can't stand The Doors, Jimmy Hendrix is over rated, Janis should of never started signing, the beatles should of stayed in the 60's, Rolling Stones should retire for good, All the Journey songs sound the same, Dire Straits suck, and I completely hate Michael Jackson. (yes I know it isn't rock)  Someone said the other day that they can't believe it has been a year and got mad when I said "Thank God!" 

And if the beatles were alive and toured again, I wouldn't go.  Kiss doesn't rank up there much either as they had to wear makeup just top get attention cause their music sucked.   

Neil Pert is the Best Drummer of All Time

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

moparstuart

Quote from: aone415 on June 27, 2010, 11:58:45 AM
Well it appears that there are alot of different opinions on music here as I just read this whole thread.  As stated prior, I am a huge RUSH fan as they were my biggest influence in my guitar playing.  I think I probably have most of their 38 albums and my favorite is the latest one . . snakes and arrows.  There isn't a song on there that I don't like. 

But back on topic  . . . Can't stand The Doors, Jimmy Hendrix is over rated, Janis should of never started signing, the beatles should of stayed in the 60's, Rolling Stones should retire for good, All the Journey songs sound the same, Dire Straits suck, and I completely hate Michael Jackson. (yes I know it isn't rock)  Someone said the other day that they can't believe it has been a year and got mad when I said "Thank God!" 

And if the beatles were alive and toured again, I wouldn't go.  Kiss doesn't rank up there much either as they had to wear makeup just top get attention cause their music sucked.   

Neil Pert is the Best Drummer of All Time
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Would a better title for this thread have been "Who here is under 30 or just plain jaded?" ?   :D

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on June 27, 2010, 08:51:34 PM
Would a better title for this thread have been "Who here is under 30 or just plain jaded?" ?   :D
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Cooter

You really didn't expect the under 30 croud to understand the Hair Bands did you?

I mean, who around 1986, didn't CRANK the hell outta Uncle Toms Cabin, Anything by the Crue, Talk Dirty to me, and who can forget the greatest metal song of all time....Quiet Riots, Kevin, Screamin' the lyrics to "Metal Health (Bang Your Head)....GREAT F***in' song...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

adauto

I almost forgot....... ANYTHING by phil collins....  :eek2:
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

PA Dodger

Quote from: Cooter on June 28, 2010, 11:14:17 AM
You really didn't expect the under 30 croud to understand the Hair Bands did you?

I mean, who around 1986, didn't CRANK the hell outta Uncle Toms Cabin, Anything by the Crue, Talk Dirty to me, and who can forget the greatest metal song of all time....Quiet Riots, Kevin, Screamin' the lyrics to "Metal Health (Bang Your Head)....GREAT F***in' song...

Quiet Riot's Slick Black Cadillac....Motley Crue's Primal Scream! :punkrocka:
Hair bands saved us from disco......and Kansas :eek2:
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

Manfred318

Mental Health does kick ass. Its one of my favourite albums. I like alot of Quiet Riots stuff actually. Im just not too fond of most of the other hair bands. I never got into Poison, Crue, Warrant, or the like. I tried but it just wasnt my thing.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Black Charger

the beatles should of stayed in the 60's

Actually, they did. They broke up in late 1969, their final LP "Let It Be" was released in the early part of 1970.

moparstuart

Quote from: Manfred318 on June 28, 2010, 11:27:26 PM
Mental Health does kick ass. Its one of my favourite albums. I like alot of Quiet Riots stuff actually. Im just not too fond of most of the other hair bands. I never got into Poison, Crue, Warrant, or the like. I tried but it just wasnt my thing.
I agree , I likes quiet riot , rat , and twisted sister . but never got in to the later stuff .

1BAD68

What about Skid Row? The best band to come out of the 80's period.
But back to the original topic, that song "Johnny was a young boy when he heard his first beatles song" I dont know the name or who plays it but I've heard it a million plus times and cant stand it!

Manfred318

Quote from: 1BAD68 on June 29, 2010, 09:35:30 AM

What about Skid Row? The best band to come out of the 80's period.
But back to the original topic, that song "Johnny was a young boy when he heard his first beatles song" I dont know the name or who plays it but I've heard it a million plus times and cant stand it!
Yea man I really like Skid Row. Their self titled album was f***in awesome. Slave was too. The song your thinking of is "Shooting Star" by Bad Company.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.