News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Classic" rock songs you absolutely can't stand

Started by 71charger_fan, November 30, 2005, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73dodge

ANYTHING by Janis Joplin

Here voice sounds like  :puke:
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

hemihead

Oh yeah, I forgot about Kurt Cobain and Nirvana.  :yesnod:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

John_Kunkel

This thread definitely proves the old adage "There's no accounting for taste".
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

69ChargersRule

Ive played in bands many years.The biggest one i cant stand are.
anything Lynyrd Skynyrd - Bob Seager it make my A$$ hurt to hear it.... :brickwall: :drunk: :puke:

volk68

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on December 03, 2005, 02:11:35 PM
You want no talent, listen to Nirvana or any grunge band :no: :puke:

I'll give you Nirvana, but knocking all of grunge as "no talent" demonstrates a poor familiarity with the music and the genre in general.  Collective Soul, Alice in Chains, STP, Soundgarden, etc. are great examples of highly talented bands with some outstanding music.

General_01

Quote from: my73charger on December 03, 2005, 12:24:47 AM

Lynyrd Skynyrd will forever be my all time favorite band.   Contrary to others I can listen to every note of Free Bird over and over again and never get sick of it.   Gary Rossington, Allen Collins and Steve Gaines were my fav line up from LS.   Although I love Ed King's contributions and enjoy Rick Medlocke today.     :rock: :rock: :rock:

I agree. I sometimes wonder how big Steve Gaines would have become. That guy was just plain awesome. I also like Ed King. I think the new bands best stuff was from "1991" to "The Last Rebel" when Ed King was still with the band, although "Vicious Cycle" is a good album also.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

TruckDriver

Quote from: volk68 on December 03, 2005, 08:23:53 PM

I'll give you Nirvana, but knocking all of grunge as "no talent" demonstrates a poor familiarity with the music and the genre in general.   Collective Soul, Alice in Chains, STP, Soundgarden, etc. are great examples of highly talented bands with some outstanding music.

Collective Soul - Only does about 5 songs I like.
Alice in Chains & STP - I think the are WORSE then Nirvana, if that is even possable.
Soundgarden - "Black Hole Sun" is that only song they did that I like.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Steelman

Quote from: drailed on November 30, 2005, 03:19:33 PM
Any one of the 20 songs that a clearchannel radio station plays
It's conglomerates like this that are ruining music stations on the airwaves for everyone.
They take polls to find out what you here and where you heard it and then only play what you want to hear on the station they want you to hear it on in the area you live in.
That's why the variety is gone on classic rock stations as well as other music stations.
This way they can guarantee the advertisers an audience that will hear the annoying advertisements.
There,my attack is complete! :flame:
"The only thing you leave, is your legacy"

Spartan

Motown......Weird coming from a guy who lives in the detroit area but I could never get into that sound. 

It is funny some guys crap is another guys gold when it comes to music.  Most of my stuff is from the 60's to the early 80's.  There are a few bands after that I like but the numbers go way down.  IMO not all the grunge was bad, I really like Pearl Jam, saw them in concert last year and they were really good.  There are even a few Nervana songs I do like but not all of them. I really like Johnny Cash's new albums as well, it is allot different then his classic stuff but good in its own right.

Looks like everyone has a different opinion on what is good, and what stinks :)
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

71bee

I'll give you Nirvana, but knocking all of grunge as "no talent" demonstrates a poor familiarity with the music and the genre in general.   Collective Soul, Alice in Chains, STP, Soundgarden, etc. are great examples of highly talented bands with some outstanding music.
:2thumbs: Jerry Cantrell is an awesome guitarist. no candy or glitter. very raw and percise. Soundgarden  also had great moments of true "originality" same with the killer side project, Temple of the Dogs...just my opinion, music is only what YOU hear.

my73charger

Quote from: General_01 on December 03, 2005, 09:28:04 PM

Lynyrd Skynyrd will forever be my all time favorite band.  Contrary to others I can listen to every note of Free Bird over and over again and never get sick of it.  Gary Rossington, Allen Collins and Steve Gaines were my fav line up from LS.  Although I love Ed King's contributions and enjoy Rick Medlocke today.   :rock: :rock: :rock:

I agree. I sometimes wonder how big Steve Gaines would have become. That guy was just plain awesome. I also like Ed King. I think the new bands best stuff was from "1991" to "The Last Rebel" when Ed King was still with the band, although "Vicious Cycle" is a good album also.

Very true.  Steve Gaines life was cut way to short.  It would have been awesome to have in around today.  I keep wishing Ed King and the band would patch things up.  It would be fun to have him rejoin Rossington and jam with Medlocke.  They would ROCK!!

Brock Samson

i know that name rick medlock... ain't that the blackfoot guy?.. that's goin back a ways.. i may have o dig that album out...  :yesnod:

my73charger

The Ghoul

any thing by the beatles, bob dylan (every one but the beatles did his songs better), or jimmy buffett.
I like skinnard but sence the resergence of mainstream read necks I have hurd sweet home alabama one (hundred) times too many! I hate that i cant stand that song.

71Charger500

Anything 80's hair metal, although I wouldn't so much call it classic rock.  But there's some who would.
1971 Charger 500 383 mod...
Takin' names on the open road.

topduarte

General_01

Very true.   Steve Gaines life was cut way to short.   It would have been awesome to have in around today.   I keep wishing Ed King and the band would patch things up.   It would be fun to have him rejoin Rossington and jam with Medlocke.   They would ROCK!!

Wishful dreaming on our part. At least I have the tribute tour video with Ed, Randall, and Gary on guitars. I also have "Freebird:The Movie". It's fun to throw them in once in a while. :icon_smile_big:
496 stroker
4-speed

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

my73charger

Quote from: General_01 on December 05, 2005, 10:46:16 PM

Very true.  Steve Gaines life was cut way to short.  It would have been awesome to have in around today.  I keep wishing Ed King and the band would patch things up.  It would be fun to have him rejoin Rossington and jam with Medlocke.  They would ROCK!!

If you haven't already done so you should go buy the Vicious Cycle Tour Lyve Concert.  Very good concert!

Wishful dreaming on our part. At least I have the tribute tour video with Ed, Randall, and Gary on guitars. I also have "Freebird:The Movie". It's fun to throw them in once in a while. :icon_smile_big:

General_01

496 stroker
4-speed

BigBadCharger

How's your wife and my kids?

NHCharger

A few I heard today.
Lola and You really got me. -  Kinks.
All right now - Free
Born to be wild - Steppenwolf
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

71Charger500

The Pearl Jam guitarists aren't bad.
1971 Charger 500 383 mod...
Takin' names on the open road.

JR

"Roxanne"

"Closer to the Heart"

"Southern Man"

Anything by Queen

There are others but, those get me to turn the dial QUICK. The local rock station is one of those that really overstate it's machoism. RIght now with Christmas time going on it's promoting it's "Holiday Ho" giveaway. They try so hard to be a station for tough guys that it's really funny how pathetic it is. They play the exact same songs every day. Except on "3 for Thursday" where they play even less because most of their artists don't have 3 songs.
They are so stubborn to play new music, unless it sounds like their old stuff. Their 11 O'clock news segment where they play new rock is just new bands covering old songs, or one of the few new songs they usually play anyway.

It's just like the guy who shows up at the bar on a harley in a leather jacket and then goes home to drive his new Accord to the office Monday because it's supposed to rain. That's how fake this bs station is.

Sorry, I had to rant.

I listen to the college new rock station where they dont' play the same song every 3 hours.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Chryco Psycho

3hrs is not bad the local stn has played the same tune twice in 25 mins