News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So the guy in line ahead of me is buying condoms...

Started by PocketThunder, November 21, 2009, 10:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

If you really love your better half buy her some tampons or pads.  Then see how many Paul's you come across.

Nothing says I love my woman more.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 23, 2009, 03:38:38 PM
that's weird. I have been to some "liquor stores" that only sell Ally, beer, cogs, and soda but those tend to be higher end specialty stores more than anything.  However, most places that call themselves "liquor stores" are a combination of that and workmates. The only thing they don't have that a real convenience store like 7-11 has is the "fresh" food - coffee, hot dogs, donuts, etc.

dodgecharger-fan

You'd all hate the liquor stores here in Ontario, Canada.

The liquor store is just liquor, wine, coolers, and a smaller selection of beer - and not cases of beer, just singles, six-packs and mostly the imported stuff.
For a case of beer, you have to go to another store called The Beer Store.
For all the other stuff mentioned, drug stores are going "Stupor" sized so you can get groceries as well as the usual drug store type stuff.

There are a few exceptions now in rural areas where they are licensing some existing stores as liquor and beer retailers. The wildest example that I've seen is on highway 48 in or near Pefferlaw, ON where the beer store is pretty much a guy's detached double garage. Driving past it, it looks like one side is the check out counter and the other is stock.

chargergirl

Quote from: Brock Lee on November 23, 2009, 04:56:20 AM
When my daughter turned 14, I began buying them right in front of her. I hate the idea she needs to know about that stuff, but reality says in this day and age she is likely to experiment in the next few years. I want her to know buying them is not embarrassing and that they are an important responsibility and leading by example. It was awkward the first couple times, but it is no big deal now.
Ya' never know and she is probably giving them to friends that are too shy to buy them. So indirectly you are doing a greater thing than you realize. Now the light side...one night, long ago, I was headed out to the clubs with friends. My friend who was like another mom to me asked if I wanted to take any condoms...she worked at the health department. I said no I don't pick up guys and do the one night stand thing. She kept insisting and then finally left me alone. I walk up to the bar, order my drink, pull my wallet out of my purse and an explosion of condoms flies all over the bar...she had tucked them in my purse...at least 20 of them! I am red faced, the bartender is hysterical laughing, and the guys are looking way too happy. This is one night I will never forget...I just started handing them out. It ended up a great night...no not that way...lmao!
Trust your Woobie!

The70RT

Kinda off topic but when would I ever tell you guys about it. The principle at the high school I work at got the idea of having free condoms in the nurses office. Since there is so much teenage pregnancy she thought it was a good gesture. It lasted a couple days till parents went berserk and had it stopped. They said that she was promoting them to have sex. It was even on one of our news channels. Damned if you do and damned if you don't  :-\  A short time later one parent came up at the school retrieving condoms from her daughters purse because her brother had seen them. The mother asked who is giving you these? The girl said who's ever those one are in the back of your glovebox  :o
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chargergirl

Quote from: The70RT on November 23, 2009, 11:11:25 PM
Kinda off topic but when would I ever tell you guys about it. The principle at the high school I work at got the idea of having free condoms in the nurses office. Since there is so much teenage pregnancy she thought it was a good gesture. It lasted a couple days till parents went berserk and had it stopped. They said that she was promoting them to have sex. It was even on one of our news channels. Damned if you do and damned if you don't  :-\  A short time later one parent came up at the school retrieving condoms from her daughters purse because her brother had seen them. The mother asked who is giving you these? The girl said who's ever those one are in the back of your glovebox  :o
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Trust your Woobie!

PocketThunder

Quote from: The70RT on November 23, 2009, 11:11:25 PM

What is with these parents?  The kids are gonna have sex if they want to regardless of someone giving them condoms.  Heck i've got 3 kids and 2 of them are girls, when they are teenagers my spouse and i are gonna put a giant sign at the bottom of the stairs by the front door that reads NO GLOVE, NO LOVE! :nono:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

moparstuart

Quote from: moparstuart on November 23, 2009, 03:47:29 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on November 23, 2009, 03:38:38 PM
that's weird. I have been to some "liquor stores" that only sell alky, beer, cigs, and soda but those tend to be higher end specialty stores more than anything.  However, most places that call themselves "liquor stores" are a combination of that and kwik-e-marts. The only thing they don't have that a real convenience store like 7-11 has is the "fresh" food - coffee, hot dogs, donuts, etc.
you guys have to read this lady's blog it is so funny  , I hate to admit it but i have tracked this store down to being just 3 blocks from my house .  So maybe i'm one of her crazy customers but i'm not the spanker LOL . She has several months of blogging long but funny as hell .  She is creative and can write some stories .

http://cstoredreamin.blogspot.com/2009/08/livin-dream-week-one.html
check it out she post a new blog today
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mike DC

QuoteIt lasted a couple of days til the parents went berserk and had it stopped.  They said she was promoting them to have sex.

:image_294343:    

Maybe we shouldn't be supplying our cops & soldiers with bulletproof gear.  

When we give them armor it's like we're condoning these gun battles they keep getting into.  It just encourages them to take risks & get themselves shot at.  They would learn some responsibility if they actually had to suffer the consequences of their actions every time they get into an armed conflict.  

ACUDANUT

In Kansas, you can ONLY buy hard liquor (Whiskey, Gin ect) and 5.0 Beer in a Liquor store. And No soda or tobacco is allowed. Can you believe our BS laws. ? It's a communist state I tell you.

The70RT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 24, 2009, 07:51:20 PM
In Kansas, you can ONLY buy hard liquor (Whiskey, Gin ect) and 5.0 Beer in a Liquor store. And No soda or tobacco is allowed. Can you believe our BS laws. ? It's a communist state I tell you.

Yeah then some have a little seperate room in the same store to sell munchies, tobacco etc. The clerk sells you the beer then the same clerk walks into another room and rings up your chips seperate  ::)

472 R/T SE

Ahh yes, the near beer days.  Still dry on Sundays in Kansas?

A bunch of us joined the Eagles so we could drink on Sundays.  We'd go down to the club & play cards with the old timers.  They'd sell us half racks through the back door as well.

ACUDANUT

In most places (Kansas), No beer/liquor sold on Sundays. In my County, we have some stores that are allowed to sell. :brickwall:

Landonsrt

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 24, 2009, 07:34:08 PM
QuoteIt lasted a couple of days til the parents went berserk and had it stopped.  They said she was promoting them to have sex.

:image_294343:    

Maybe we shouldn't be supplying our cops & soldiers with bulletproof gear.  

When we give them armor it's like we're condoning these gun battles they keep getting into.  It just encourages them to take risks & get themselves shot at.  They would learn some responsibility if they actually had to suffer the consequences of their actions every time they get into an armed conflict.  

Thats a great joke... I hope. :slap:

The70RT

Believe me, if I set up a rubber stand I would be fired  :lol:

Ponch ®

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 24, 2009, 09:57:18 PM

Ahh yes, the near beer days.  Still dry on Sundays in Kansas?

A bunch of us joined the Eagles so we could drink on Sundays.  We'd go down to the club & play cards with the old timers.  They'd sell us half racks through the back door as well.

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 24, 2009, 10:52:40 PM
In most places (Kansas), No beer/liquor sold on Sundays. In my County, we have some stores that are allowed to sell. :brickwall:

Jesus H....and to think how many "Commiefornia" jokes come from the folks in places like that. Do they make you have sex through a hole in a sheet too?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

The70RT

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on November 25, 2009, 12:14:16 PM
No not yet. Gas is only 247 a gallon now.
really ?  I guess i can toss that sheet out then .  :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ponch ®

heh...i rather spring the extra 40 cents per gallon but be able to buy alcohol on Sundays.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 25, 2009, 12:29:01 PM

heh...i rather spring the extra 40 cents per gallon but be able to buy alcohol on Sundays.

That does suck, not being able to buy on Sundays.  It only gets me when i'm going to watch football at a friends house and i cant stop on the way there to pick up some wobbly pops.   :cheers:  We have to remember to buy the day before.  And in my area liquor stores close at 10:00pm. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Not sure if it was state or county law, but when I lived in Bergen County, NJ you couldn't buy beer before 12 noon on Sundays. I can't recall if you could buy liquor at all on Sunday or just before 12.  :shruggy:

Some of these laws are just a bit outdated or just plain stupid.  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

The70RT

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 25, 2009, 12:29:01 PM

Here in Topeka we can buy it 7 days a week up till 11PM. Doesn't bother me in the least though. I hardly drink but always have plenty on hand when the need arises. Before this law that passed to allow to sell on Sundays a few years ago we could go to clubs and buy it and walk right out with it. There is like 4 liquor stores and 5 grocery stores within 5 min. from my house....no prob even if I was an alky  ;D

GPULLER

Gotta be a good boy Scout, that's for sure.  Friday night after harvest work I stopped by the bar to pick up a case of beer for the weekend.  Had few beers and the bartender comes to me and asked if I needed beer before 10:00, yes sir.  Bought the beer, he left it in the cooler, hour later I was leaving and he says "Hey don't forget your beer." as he grabbed it out of the cooler.  Ah the perks of living in a small town of 260 people.