News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FFI steering box install - now centering and adjustment questions

Started by cougs, November 21, 2009, 06:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cougs

Hi all-

I am instaling a FirmFeel stage2 box and their close ration pitman arm.  I have a couple questions regarding centering.

1. the pitman arm doesn't have provisions on the spline for centering or postioning so I "eyeballed" it assuming that the steering box comes pre-centered.  Do I have a probem if I missed the center by a couple teeth? 
2. Re-attaching the steering shaft:  I can't tell....does the spline on steering shaft need to go on the steering box in a certain position?
1968 Charger 383/727  Restored to Stock!

HPP

I've always eyeballed it. You can run the box through its range of motion to find center, then install the pitman. Don't tighten it down and install it somewhat loose. Install the column, also loosely, and again check range of motion. If you have everything where you like it, you don't run in to any issues from left to right, then tighten them down.

John_Kunkel

The steering box input shaft has one missing spline which mates to a missing spline on the coupler.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Hemidog

Mine has 4, 90 degrees apart.... I would not imagine it would be hard to find the right one? I'm installing a stage III soon.

68 RT

Both of these should have master splines, may want to buy a shop manual.