News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No brake lights

Started by rrdoug, November 21, 2009, 12:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrdoug

Buddy told me I didn't have any brake lights so I checked,nope.So I checked the connections on the switch ,they were good.I ordered a new switch assuming that would take care of it.Nope.I am not good with meteres ,but it looks like I have power there.Also when I turn on my flashers I only have right front.?????HELP

Just 6T9 CHGR

Welcome to the site

....year, make & model of car you are working on would help narrow down your problem
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Nacho-RT74

its a 70. Do you have hazzards and turning on rear ?

making it step by step method...

search for the brake light pedal switch...

unplug both wires ( pink and white )

1- check if you have power arriving to pink wire at brake pedal... YES?---->

2- Plug the pink wire ON ANY TERMINAL of pedal switch, press brakes pedal, check for power on the other terminal... YES?---->

3- Locate steering colum turning switch plug, unplugg it, press brake pedal, check for power at white wire terminal... YES? ---->

4- Plug the steering column turning switch plug, making sure you don't have turning or hazzards activated press brakes, check for power at dark green and brown... YES?----->

NO on every steps is:

1-fuse blown, although in some cases the brakes pedal function shares fuse with dome light, trunk light and hazzards, all of them or some of them. Also pink wire broken or damaged at terminals.

2-pedal switch damaged

3-white wire broken or terminals damaged in between pedal switch and that plug

4-turning switch damaged

On bench ( or unplugged still on car ) you can check for continuity between white wire and dark green and brown wires ( with truning lights &/hazzards off ). White wire must have continuity on switch rest position with both.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html