News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new pictures - 2011 charger

Started by Bob Hanner, November 19, 2009, 01:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger440RDN

What is the deal with the front end?? Why do they continue to make it so UGLY?!! I don't understand this fascination with that hideous cross hair grill, the front end should look like the 68 charger!!! :flame: :flame: They started to put a cross hair grill on the new Challenger which was on the concept, but they wisely removed it on the production model which looks waaaay better.

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: G-man on November 19, 2009, 06:22:27 PM
I think they are quite smart.

By making these cars... they know people are still silly enough to buy them because nothing else is available. Once (many years later) a real charger looking car comes out (that they could do right now) people will buy that to, but problem is... if the real charger was made now and baught now... nobody would option to buy any more, so there thinking long term $$$.

But then again I guess they could make a real looking one now and always?

But then the other problem is, all new cars how society is every newer model has difference in the look... our chargers is literaly '1 look' only... so maybe the above is valid after all.

Im kinda in a different boat though. Im glad they dont make them look the same as Challenger made theres look the same... because it makes our old chargers the only ones. The challenger mob gotta put up with "i got a challenger to" and yet its a 2009 car not a '1970' so as much as you 'got a challenger' sure u do buddy. Your 40 years too late.

From that point KEEP Making them wrong... i dun want people saying they got chargers n its some plastic moulded 2010 car.

Thinking long term? Chrysler? :smilielol:

The car still looks like ass.

BBD

TheGhost

Quote from: MoparManJim on November 19, 2009, 05:36:41 PM
Now why is it that they keep on missing the point?  :slap:  

Like I told a friend of mine once, get a new challenger take thet name badges off and place charger badges on it and you would be alot lot closer to having a charger then these chargers are that doesn't even look lie a charger at all  :smilielol:  

And what, exactly, does a Charger look like?  The first gens look nothing like the second, and the second nothing like the third.

Quote from: skip68 on November 19, 2009, 05:51:08 PM
It is better BUT, Why are they taking baby steps forward ? ? ? ? ? ?   :shruggy:   They saw the reaction from the new Challenger so what's the problem ?   Just give it more lines and more of the real look and it will sell like crazy.

Except that the Challengers aren't really selling like crazy, sadly.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

69charger2002

Quote from: TheGhost on November 19, 2009, 08:12:46 PM

Like I told a friend of mine once, get a new challenger take thet name badges off and place charger badges on it and you would be alot lot closer to having a charger then these chargers are that doesn't even look lie a charger at all  :smilielol:  

And what, exactly, does a Charger look like?  The first gens look nothing like the second, and the second nothing like the third.

It is better BUT, Why are they taking baby steps forward ? ? ? ? ? ?   :shruggy:   They saw the reaction from the new Challenger so what's the problem ?   Just give it more lines and more of the real look and it will sell like crazy.

challengers would be selling like crazy if
1. the economy was better
2. the dealers would quit being dingleberries and stop marking up the challengers and just sell the crap out of them at sticker or 1000 below as fast as chrysler can make them. but no, they'd rather mark them up 3-5k and wait for 1-2 suckers as opposed to making some profit and boasting that they sold 100 new challengers as a dealership. gotta wonder what they're thinking sometimes.. new camaros are everywhere.. is it because it's a better looking car? nope, they came out LATER and already can be bought at sticker or below. GM was smarter about it marketing wise.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Ghoste

I would disagree with that, I think there was a stylistic evolution there.  The grille with the hideaway headlights drwas a strong parallel from 66 to 68.  The 69 split the grille but returned to a long horizontal taillight arrangement.  In profile the 2nd gen was certainly trying to simulate the fastback of the 1st gen and the 3rd gen was trying to do the same.  Albeit in different ways but all three generations had the flowing C pillars into the 1/4 panel.  The side scallops appear in some variation across them from 66 to 72 as do hood reliefs of some form.  Not the same, but a steady evolution.
Now the break from 74 to 75 was definitely where the train jumped the tracks.

In any case, discussion about the appearance of the car first posted in this thread has pretty much established as pointless, no?  (since it seems this is NOT the next one?)

G-man

Nobody said 1st or 3rd gens were real chargers  :D

Ghoste

Based on that line of reasoning, the 1st generation would be the only real Charger.

Todd Wilson

I wish they would make a 4 door Challenger.........

Todd

kab69440

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

lisiecki1

Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

BB1

Nice improvement over the old Charger, Handsome too. :2thumbs:
Delete my profile

nakita7

MUCH, MUCH better, IMO. Not a fan of the new Chargers, but this one is better. I don't mind the crosshairs, loved them since the 91 Caravan (might be too long for some, but hey, let's talk BMW grille then...).

Seems odd having 72-4 Challenger tailights (these ARE the best Challenger tailights, for those of you who don't know). If they produce it that way that means the new Chally won't get them, and that would suck IMHO.

Love the body lines, but I do agree, the front looks too much like the current one

Why does the new one HAVE to look like a 68-70? When are we going to move on and quit comparing it to the old cars...compare it to the PREVIOUS year! The Challenger, the Mustang and the T-bird all did the retro thing, THE CHARGER DID NOT, it's that simple. I'm sure first gen guys would love for it to have 4 bucket seats and a bed in the back, us 3rd gen guys want it to have cool hoods and special doors. Yes, the 75-77 Charger 'strayed', but do you think that maybe, just maybe, Chrysler knows that too, and now they are trying to bring it back around, or maybe take it in a new direction like the 99 Concept, which I personally like. The Charger is evolving into something different, that's all. I don't want EVERY car on the planet to be 'retro', just like I am sick of movie remakes...is there no imagination anymore??? As a former Hotwheel collector, I know there is some, somewhere. Let's see where it goes... :Twocents:

skip68

I've been reading reviews from others (not this site) and it seems that about 95% don't care for it.   :scratchchin:   But yet the Charger is a good seller.   So, that means most of the buyers are non mopar fans and just want a sedan.   And that means that Dodge could care less about what the loyal Mopar buyers want.    :flame:   I have looked all over and read all kinds of complaints like the grill looks like a ram truck and stuff.   :yesnod:   It does.    At this point and after reading other imputs from other sites I can say now that I could care less what Dodge does with this new P.O.S. car.   You can see that Dodge is trying to make a change by putting some more lines in it so it looks more like the 68-70.   So this means that Dodge knows it needs to look better or they wouldn't try doing it.  But are they F&*^%^& retarded or what ?   They know what people like and that's why they are trying to give it the look.  SO, Dodge,  QUIT F&%%#% AROUND AND GIVE IT THE LOOK. ! ! !    I find very few people that really love the new look so what the hell is Dodge doing ?    :shruggy:     Sorry guys, rant over.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

G-man

Keep making it wrong... makes me appreciate my real one more  :icon_smile_big:

Stop trying to convince Dodge to change it cause I will have ur head when a copy of the one I got becomes a production car again!  :pity:

skip68

Quote from: G-man on November 20, 2009, 12:22:09 AM
Stop trying to convince Dodge to change it cause I will have ur head when a copy of the one I got becomes a production car again!  :pity:

:o  OK, in that case I change my tune. 

Dear Dodge,
I love the new Charger and can't wait to see it in production.   :woohoo:
I will be sure to tell everyone I know about the car.  It is an incredible piece of art. 
This is by far the best design you have ever come up with and it shows.  I can tell you really know your customers and you have got the best designers money can buy.  ;)  Well done Dodge/Fiat.   :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

G-man

Ghoste

And their reply would be;

Dear American,

First of all, its-a FIAT/dodge.  You need-a to get this through your thick American-a skull but its-a not matter for us cuz we are going to make-a whatever the hell we want.  The only-a reason we make that-a car is because its-a already in-a the works.  If you check-a back soon you-a going to see the nice-a little cars what Mr. Obama want-a us to make.  Nice-a cars.  Little-a cars.  You see.  You are-a going to buy them and-a maybe a nice bicycle too.  Is-a not so bad the bicycle, you ride around and you see lots-a more things than-a you see in-a the car.
Have-a nice day,
FIAT/dodge

Brock Samson

:smilielol:

"The only-a reason we make that-a car is because its-a already in-a the works.  If you check-a back soon you-a going to see the nice-a little cars what Mr. Obama want-a us to make.  Nice-a cars.  Little-a cars.  You see.  You are-a going to buy them and-a maybe a nice bicycle too.  Is-a not so bad the bicycle, you ride around and you see lots-a more things than-a you see in-a the car.
Have-a nice day,"

FIAT dodge

Welp - your all wrong I have an exclusive source that has revealed to me that they're holding back the design for 18 Mos. because senior FIAT managment was unhappy with the '10 restyle and they decided to go back to the first Gen. for the redesign...
I traded halfa my salami sandwich for the following design sketch. I doubt many will be pleased.  :shruggy:

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Ghoste on November 20, 2009, 09:28:43 AM
And their reply would be;

Dear American,

First of all, its-a FIAT/dodge.  You need-a to get this through your thick American-a skull but its-a not matter for us cuz we are going to make-a whatever the hell we want.  The only-a reason we make that-a car is because its-a already in-a the works.  If you check-a back soon you-a going to see the nice-a little cars what Mr. Obama want-a us to make.  Nice-a cars.  Little-a cars.  You see.  You are-a going to buy them and-a maybe a nice bicycle too.  Is-a not so bad the bicycle, you ride around and you see lots-a more things than-a you see in-a the car.
Have-a nice day,
FIAT/dodge

That is funny.

Sad part is I'm sure this is in the works and will happen. Obama has gone social on you guys. Next will be extra registration fees for cars with engines over XX litre's like up here in Canauck land.

Ponch ®

LOL...5 years later and you guys are still whining that it should be a two door and that it's ugly. Get over it already.

BTW- I'd put money on the first pic not being anywhere close to what the actual car is going to look like.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

0X01B8

Why all the histrionics?  Chrysler ruined the nameplate in '75 with that Cordoba thing, and then came the Omni for the killshot.  I'd rather they called it something else, but I'm not gonna trash it because of a name.

Can't we judge it on it's own merits?

I like the looks of the current model and what's not to like about a rear-drive Hemi V8?  Any other car in the same class is front-drive, which is a total drag.  Front drive cars were pushed on us because they're cheaper to produce, not because people wanted them.  It would be great in a two door, though, but that's what the Challenger is for.

FlatbackFanatic

I like the 2006-09 Charger, I don't care if it has 4 doors, it makes getting in the back seat easier. Like other people have said there not going to re-make the Charger. Hey they could of put a different name plate on it, How about the Gremlin (they didn't make them in 4 doors either). :Twocents: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Brock Samson

Quote from: 0X01B8 on November 20, 2009, 02:14:07 PM
Why all the histrionics?  Chrysler ruined the nameplate in '75 with that Cordoba thing, and then came the Omni for the killshot.  I'd rather they called it something else, but I'm not gonna trash it because of a name.

Can't we judge it on it's own merits?

I like the looks of the current model and what's not to like about a rear-drive Hemi V8?  Any other car in the same class is front-drive, which is a total drag.  Front drive cars were pushed on us because they're cheaper to produce, not because people wanted them.   It would be great in a two door, though, but that's what the Challenger is for.

I tend to disagree with this statement, economy and packaging efficiency were the primary reasons behind the front wheel drive trend in volume sellers over the past 25 years... Some folks in the snowbelt wouldn't even concider a rear wheel drive car and so the LXs are offered with All wheel drive...

In general I believe a discussion of the LXs and their competition would be a more productive thread...
Like that'll ever happen..