News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new pictures - 2011 charger

Started by Bob Hanner, November 19, 2009, 01:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Hanner

http://www.leftlanenews.com/dodge-charger-2011.html

A pathetic attempt to capture the essence of the 69 Charger, they made it even uglier than what it was IMO.

bull

Quote from: Bob Hanner on November 19, 2009, 01:04:13 PM
http://www.leftlanenews.com/dodge-charger-2011.html

A pathetic attempt to capture the essence of the 69 Charger, they made it even uglier than what it was IMO.

Wow, you're right. It is uglier. Now we know why they only gave us the one fuzzy side angle shot to start with. Chrysler's new motto: Don't bitch about our really bad/ugly products because they can always be made worse.

BTW, does that pic look a little funky to anyone but me, I mean besides the overt ugliness? It almost looks like a photoshop deal because the whole front clip looks too big for the rest of the car. Or maybe it really is that bad in reality...

Ghoste

If that's really the car I have to be honest and say that the body line that bothered me the most is gone so I would find the new catfish to be an improvement.

Go Hogs Go

I don't think it's any worse. FWIW those pictures are just an illustration based on insider info according to the article. ::)
Go Hogs!

richRTSE

Well, I'm still disappointed in that car. They hit a homerun with the new Challenger, but they laid a big turd with the Charger... :down: :down: I even like the new Camaro alot more than that thing... :rotz:

69bronzeT5

I like it....it's pretty damn cool. I HATE the fact they kept the stupid crosshair grille :brickwall: :flame: :icon_smile_angry: :RantExplode:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Go Hogs Go

I wouldn't get to worked up until we see the actual car. I'm not a fan of the front end either.
Go Hogs!

Go Hogs Go

Two more "spy photos".
Go Hogs!

speedfreak68

I kinda like it... I just wish it was a 2 door....

chargerjy9

that ain't it. I worked there in Design Office,  I know. those renderings are obviously someones idea based in speculation. The real car is pretty cool, 4 doors  not withstanding. Us older guys have to get over the fact that Chrysler isn't going to resurect a 69 Charger to suit our tastes, and this new Charger pretty well captures the flair of those earlier models and keeps with the current architecture. and yes the crosshair is still there, I hate it, but I take the rest of the design for what it is.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Hemidog

I think it looks better than the old one...  :Twocents:
Buy it, so maybe I can afford it second-hand in 10 years...

0X01B8

Technically, the first ones were a nice photoshop effort, unlike those last two, which are crap.  I was almost fooled, until I saw the blue Michigan license plate, which was phased out over a year ago, maybe longer.

WHITE AND RED 69

I do like the tail lights. Overall its not bad.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

G-man

Just change the "CHARGER" badge and it "will" be a good car for what it is (whatever the new name given it is)  :slap:

MoparManJim

Now why is it that they keep on missing the point?  :slap: 

Like I told a friend of mine once, get a new challenger take thet name badges off and place charger badges on it and you would be alot lot closer to having a charger then these chargers are that doesn't even look lie a charger at all  :smilielol: 

You have to give them an A for effert though  ;)  :lol:

TruckDriver

Quote from: speedfreak68 on November 19, 2009, 02:12:25 PM
I kinda like it... I just wish it was a 2 door....

:iagree: Me too. I think it actually looks a lot better then the current car. :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

skip68

It is better BUT, Why are they taking baby steps forward ? ? ? ? ? ?   :shruggy:   They saw the reaction from the new Challenger so what's the problem ?   Just give it more lines and more of the real look and it will sell like crazy.   :slap:   You would think that a company would do the research on forums like this and get an idea of what the public wants when trying to bring back a classic.   I don't care if it has 4 doors, 2 half doors or even a third door.   :rotz:    JUST GIVE US THAT LOOK AND STYLE (BODY) THAT WE ALL LOVE.    :flame:   It can be done.    :yesnod:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mikesmoparperformance

Well its a bit better then the 08 model but still not a 69 charger
The 99 is the 69 model! that car must be in production you can see that they put the lines from the 99 concept to the 2011 charger.

I would like to see the 99 concept car in production love the rear end of that car!
give you the feeling of the 69 charger. :2thumbs: :drool5:
and them make it a 2door :drool5:

They make a beautiful new dodge challenger that looks a like the old model :drool5: :drool5:
But WHY CAN THEY DO THE SAMETHING WITH THE 69? whats the problem with that :scratchchin:
it is still a Dodge magnum :flame: and not a charger!!!!!! :flame:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

G-man

I think they are quite smart.

By making these cars... they know people are still silly enough to buy them because nothing else is available. Once (many years later) a real charger looking car comes out (that they could do right now) people will buy that to, but problem is... if the real charger was made now and baught now... nobody would option to buy any more, so there thinking long term $$$.

But then again I guess they could make a real looking one now and always?

But then the other problem is, all new cars how society is every newer model has difference in the look... our chargers is literaly '1 look' only... so maybe the above is valid after all.

Im kinda in a different boat though. Im glad they dont make them look the same as Challenger made theres look the same... because it makes our old chargers the only ones. The challenger mob gotta put up with "i got a challenger to" and yet its a 2009 car not a '1970' so as much as you 'got a challenger' sure u do buddy. Your 40 years too late.

From that point KEEP Making them wrong... i dun want people saying they got chargers n its some plastic moulded 2010 car.

skip68

:scratchchin:    You got a good point there G-man.    ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mikesmoparperformance

If you see it like this the concept fits with the 69 and 70 model put the 2011 charger in the same spot then you see it don't look right.

MOPAR OR NO CAR

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: G-man on November 19, 2009, 06:22:27 PM
i dun want people saying they got chargers n its some plastic moulded 2010 car.

:iagree:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

RCKSTR