News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Southern Ontario Restoration Facility - Highly Recommend

Started by Dodge Don, November 16, 2009, 08:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge Don

If you are looking for a professional full service restoration shop in Ontario Canada I can recommend Boothill Auto Resurrection in Erin Ontario.

http://www.boothillauto.ca/services.html

My car is just finishing up there (body & paint)

http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=1734&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=345

tan top

look like they do some good stuff  :drool5: ,   been checking out you charger  DD  :yesnod:    thats awesome !!! love that color :coolgleamA:  looking forward to seeing build up / progerss pictures  :coolgleamA:

keep forgetting to go over on the 70 site &  see whats happening  :scope:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Big Sugar

Don , Thanks for the link, Your Charger is REAL Nice  ! I'm 40 min away from Boot Hill Shop, Good too know of a quality shop nearby. Whats the atmosphere like over there, Nice people to deal with ? Did you get a fixed price ? or is it Time and Material. Do you remember the shop $ Rates by any Chance ??
I've got a freind with a 66 Ferd T Bird.....?...... That's prettty much in the same position you were in. He's got to get his car out of a Deadbeat Shop.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Dodge Don

My car is still there, should be done in next couple of weeks. The atmosphere there is great, very nice folks to deal with. Clean, organized, professional. Rate for me is $65 an hour plus materials....plus tax.....HST is coming best hurry since that will effect labour. They gave me access to their video camera system so I could check on progress remotely.

Best decision I made......cost me more but these guys did more in 3 months than the indy shop did in 3 years.

Big Sugar

Wow...$65.00 / hour is a very reasonable rate, Ill have to take a drive by and check out the place.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

charger_fan_4ever

And to think lots of guys think the rate at my buddy's shop here in quebec is high at $40 all documented with pics. Last frame off was a 71 gmc 4x4 short box. Cost the guy around $25k with all the new parts(interior,engine,treated wood) no wonder my cousin from toronto brought his 70 1/2 z28 down to be restored.

But I guess most guys going to a high end shop probably know a thing or two about whats involved with a frame off resto.

I assume these guys ask for a down payment and regular payments once the initial chunk is used up ?

RIDELIKEHELL

Looks like a good shop & your experience has been good so far. My car isn't very far from there according to a map..hmmm? I'd like to stop in and check it out..LOVE the Purple :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Dodge Don

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on November 18, 2009, 08:34:39 AM
Looks like a good shop & your experience has been good so far. My car isn't very far from there according to a map..hmmm? I'd like to stop in and check it out..LOVE the Purple :2thumbs:

Yeah give them a call, ask for John Inglis. He'll be glad to take you on a tour of the facility. They are also an AMD distributor.

69rtse4spd

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Big Sugar on November 17, 2009, 07:00:09 PM
Wow...$65.00 / hour is a very reasonable rate, Ill have to take a drive by and check out the place.

Ron

$65 in Canada is like $85 here in Detroit with exchange rate & I only Charge $40 in Detroit, Maybe I should up my Rate? No Insult intended. Looks like a nice shop that does good work though. LEON.

Ghoste

Actually I think it works the other way around.  Right now 65 dollars Canadian works out to around 60 US.  You're still cheaper but not by as much as you thought. 

Dodge Don

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on November 20, 2009, 01:11:16 AM
DON what Indy. shop did you have it at. Looks great. :drool5: :2thumbs:

It was at a  shop in Flamborough. Now that I see the quality of the work being done at the "real" shop I have no doubt the other shop would never have finished it. Lesson learned. I should have my car back on December 8th. Then all I have to do is put her back together.

CB

Don, your car looks amazing! I love that Plum Crazy color :2thumbs:
Your car is going to be one of the nicest out there :yesnod:
Congrats
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Dodge Don

Quote from: CB on November 22, 2009, 01:18:09 PM
Don, your car looks amazing! I love that Plum Crazy color :2thumbs:
Your car is going to be one of the nicest out there :yesnod:
Congrats
CB

Thanks CB. Certainly has been a long and expensive endeavour however the results will be worth it.

RIDELIKEHELL

Don,

Just talked to Shawn @ Maclean Classics & I guess Boothill is going to paint my 68 soon! BTW Shawn checked out you Purple Beast..very nice in person :drool5: I'm going to see my car this w/e before it goes for paint :cheers:
AMD POSTER BOY

Dodge Don

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on November 30, 2009, 11:47:31 AM
Don,

Just talked to Shawn @ Maclean Classics & I guess Boothill is going to paint my 68 soon! BTW Shawn checked out you Purple Beast..very nice in person :drool5: I'm going to see my car this w/e before it goes for paint :cheers:

If you can...insist on Cam & Candice to do your paint. They are fantastic. They did mine. They get in the shop at 6:15am which allowed me to stop by early on the way to work to check on progress.

Latest pictures
http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=1734&start=435

RIDELIKEHELL

:2thumbs: That looks awesome Don! Getting to see my car on Sunday afternoon in Bolton before she goes down the road to Boothill :icon_smile_big:
AMD POSTER BOY

smac77

Used Boot hill for a total of 4 jobs and they screwed all 4 up in one form or another... quality was poor. several people have had problems there... seen a green charger they totally messed up the roof structure on and a red charger that looked like it was painted with a roller.... The paint and body on ridelikehells charger had more dirt in it than I've ever seen in a paint job. It took me 3 days to cut and polish it and it's still only o.k. in my opinion.

For the price they charged, we expected a hell of allot better.  I've used better painters at a third of their price.

Obiviously Don had a better experience than I ever have with them... I do not reccomend them
Restoration, Parts, Sales, Appraisals...

Distributor For: AMD, Control Freak, Wilwood, Legendary interiors & More!

www.macleanclassics.com

CAPER

Curious how Boot Hill dealt with the 4 bad paint jobs. I know a number of shops in Southern Ontario and Nova Scotia who are struggling with the new paint products that the commercail shops are forced to use. It's been  trial and error for the paint guys unfortunately at the car owner's expense.  Don's may have been sprayed prior to the new rules. Surprised at the bad metal work as they're certainly building a name for themselves. About 15 minutes south of my home.

maxwellwedge

Dodge Don

Quote from: smac77 on November 13, 2011, 02:40:37 PM

Used Boot hill for a total of 4 jobs and they screwed all 4 up in one form or another... quality was poor. several people have had problems there... seen a green charger they totally messed up the roof structure on and a red charger that looked like it was painted with a roller.... The paint and body on ridelikehells charger had more dirt in it than I've ever seen in a paint job. It took me 3 days to cut and polish it and it's still only o.k. in my opinion.

For the price they charged, we expected a hell of allot better.  I've used better painters at a third of their price.

Obiviously Don had a better experience than I ever have with them... I do not reccomend them

I've heard the same thing from a few people this year.  :shruggy: I know the body & paint guys treated my car like it was their own so perhaps I got lucky. Not sure. Shame really.

smac77

Quote from: CAPER on November 13, 2011, 08:27:03 PM
Curious how Boot Hill dealt with the 4 bad paint jobs. I know a number of shops in Southern Ontario and Nova Scotia who are struggling with the new paint products that the commercail shops are forced to use. It's been  trial and error for the paint guys unfortunately at the car owner's expense.  Don's may have been sprayed prior to the new rules. Surprised at the bad metal work as they're certainly building a name for themselves. About 15 minutes south of my home.

They dealt with it poorly... it has nothing to do with paint products. The quality of work was the issue. One of the screw ups went in to be fixed and we ended up needing 2 OPP's (police)to get it out. We even caught one of the shop guys in the act of trying to sabotage it so we couldn't drive it out, after the police forced them to release it.... Thankfully any idiot can replace a carb spring pretty quickly

do yourself a favour and go anywhere else...
Restoration, Parts, Sales, Appraisals...

Distributor For: AMD, Control Freak, Wilwood, Legendary interiors & More!

www.macleanclassics.com

hemi-hampton

Won't find any dirt in my paint jobs.

hemi-hampton

Dodge Don

Quote from: smac77 on November 19, 2011, 01:58:50 AM
Quote from: CAPER on November 13, 2011, 08:27:03 PM
Curious how Boot Hill dealt with the 4 bad paint jobs. I know a number of shops in Southern Ontario and Nova Scotia who are struggling with the new paint products that the commercail shops are forced to use. It's been  trial and error for the paint guys unfortunately at the car owner's expense.  Don's may have been sprayed prior to the new rules. Surprised at the bad metal work as they're certainly building a name for themselves. About 15 minutes south of my home.

They dealt with it poorly... it has nothing to do with paint products. The quality of work was the issue. One of the screw ups went in to be fixed and we ended up needing 2 OPP's (police)to get it out. We even caught one of the shop guys in the act of trying to sabotage it so we couldn't drive it out, after the police forced them to release it.... Thankfully any idiot can replace a carb spring pretty quickly

do yourself a favour and go anywhere else...

:o........wow I guess things have turned over there