News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

would I be stupid to pass on a challenger convertible for $8k

Started by tripleblkr/t, November 16, 2009, 03:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

tripleblkr/t

One more for now, cant wait to beat around in this thing this summer. I'm going to take it every where with no worries.

tripleblkr/t

I got lucky, I had wanted ads in our local for sale mags for a while trying to find an ebody rag and I ended up finding a real 383 4 speed plum crazy 70 challenger in upstate NY on craigslist and bought it(it's the white one in my pics). Shortly after I had a guy call me after seeing my wanted ads in the mag, he was local to me and he needed the money. I didn't really have the money to buy so I took a small loan out to buy it and I'm really glad I did.

DC_1

tripleblkr/t

I tried to sell it to buy this but the deal ended up going alittle south so I pulled it off early when I found out the guy wouldn't sell me the truck :rotz:
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5808158&an=0&page=0#Post5808158

I go absolutely crazy over these macho truck and ramcharger and when I saw this one posted on moparts there was no doubt in my mind that I had to have it.  The mileage is crazy on it and it still has the window sticker in the window. The guy that owns it thought I was trying to scam him when I wanted to wire transfer him the money for it :shruggy:. So I gave up on it and I'm keeping both of my ragtops now.

Magnumcharger

Wow....other peoples lives are amazing.

I'm more impressed with that garage. IT'S HUGE!!! :icon_smile_tongue:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

rt green

yeah. love the shop. i'm packing my bags and moving in. you just have to tell me where i'm going and where to send my stuff. lol
third string oil changer

tripleblkr/t

:lol: We got lucky and traded a lot in our subdivision with a contractor and he framed up the 60x100 garage for us. We finished the inside of it.  We wanted to make sure it was large enough this time so we wouldn't be bumping into each other all the time like before. Found a paint booth at a dodge dealer ship that was getting rid of it dirt cheap and added that to it as well. Every thing we buy for it me and my brother split and that makes it allot easier to afford. Now we just need to get some running water down there so we can have a hose to clean out the paint booth and put in a bath room.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nice!!  60x100 huh?   Thats 20ft wider than my ENTIRE lot where my house sits!  :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ACUDANUT

WOW I am I in the wrong business....Owning a tanning salon got you all that, and a house ?  :brickwall:

TheAutoArchaeologist

Are Challenger Verts rare or something?  I found two in Nov.

Sweet cars though, I've been following all your car stuff over on Moparts, with the incredible Macho Plow truck and Challenger restoration threads.

Remember... if you ever wanna adopt.....

tripleblkr/t

Ryan those are some cool finds, this black challenger was tucked in a corner of a small garage when I went to look at it and I couldn't even get near it because there was so much crap on it like the one in your pic. I was hoping it was some what solid when I went to pick it up as I couldn't even get a real good look at it before then(lol). 

Belgium R/T -68

Maybe the 2 of you could help me with some donorparts considering all the verts that you have. :smilielol:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

TheAutoArchaeologist

Yeah, I don't tend to have that kinda luck!  All I get is rusty cars here in the mid-west.

And don't look at me for parts... I have hard tops.

70 Barracuda Vert I almost bought... needed too much work for a 18 year old... notice the windshield framework.

Ryan

DC_1

Quote from: Devil on March 02, 2010, 05:44:12 PM

70 Barracuda Vert I almost bought... needed too much work for a 18 year old... notice the windshield framework.

Ryan

Wow, looks like the very rare removable hard top edition.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: Sydmoe on March 02, 2010, 06:30:13 PM
Quote from: Devil on March 02, 2010, 05:44:12 PM

Ryan

Wow, looks like the very rare removable hard top edition.

Indeed, the back half was a Vert and someone cut up a hard top just for the windshield frame and front end pieces.

NHCharger

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 02, 2010, 11:36:43 AM
Nice!!  60x100 huh?   Thats 20ft wider than my ENTIRE lot where my house sits!  :rotz:
:lol: :lol:
things are a bit different up in Maine.
Tripleblk, didn't know you were a Mainiac. Isn't Hermon up by Bangor?
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

jeryst

Wow. Since I've been laid off, I've been looking for something to get into.

Looks like a tanning salon just might be the thing!

ACUDANUT

Quote from: jeryst on March 04, 2010, 12:33:05 PM
Wow. Since I've been laid off, I've been looking for something to get into.

Looks like a tanning salon just might be the thing!
That's what I was thinking.