News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Garage floor snap tiles? RaceDeck **update pics***

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, November 16, 2009, 12:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Looking to possibly put these down in a section of my garage. Who has the best price/product for the money? I know they aint cheap but what have you used?

:popcrn:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

get the more solid feeling rubber one .  the hollow feeling plastic ones are cheap ( quality ) . Most of the company will send you samples .

Mine in my office are 18 x 18 bigger ones , and i love them .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Just 6T9 CHGR

So you got the Race Deck XL's?  (18x18)

Im looking at the solid diamond plate design ones not the ventelated sytle
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on November 16, 2009, 02:44:03 PM
So you got the Race Deck XL's?  (18x18)

Im looking at the solid diamond plate design ones not the ventelated sytle
get samples , the diamond plate sample I got was the hard plastic and they were just not hi quality .
I like the rubber ones much better .   Mine have raised dots on them  red and black race checker patern . My salvage yard office  is all red white and black checkered flag racing patern .

moparstuart

not great or clean , but here is the best pictures I have of my flooring , had it down for 5 years now it wears great and gets heavy duty traffic and part on it . Not beat up and all .

MichaelRW

I installed the diamond plate Race Deck tiles about 6 years ago. They are great. Extremely sturdy and have had zero problems with them.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Neal_J

I watched the installation video on RaceDeck's website.  The snap-together plastic looks sorta flimsy & would seemingly sound hollow, as others have suggested.   Rubber tiles would seems to be a more solid soution.

41husk

That might work for the mopad, but it would take a lot of tile.  I would guess the Mopad to be about 500 square ?  What does this stuff cost?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TheAutoArchaeologist

There are a few options on car guy garage.  Vinyl, polyprepoline, etc... so you have options on tiles.

www.carguygarage.com

Ryan

ITSA426

I'm taking mine up.  They don't recommend using jackstands on them.  They look OK, easy to install, and hold up well but time for a change.  I'm going to reuse them elsewhere I think.

I think I'm going to go with a good garage floor epoxy, after a really good prep.

moparstuart

Quote from: Devil on November 17, 2009, 10:41:45 PM
There are a few options on car guy garage.  Vinyl, polyprepoline, etc... so you have options on tiles.

www.carguygarage.com

Ryan
I got no less then 8 samples of different material before I pulled the trigger . 

41husk

Do you request samples on line or do you deal directly with a rep?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on November 18, 2009, 08:05:36 PM
Do you request samples on line or do you deal directly with a rep?
i requested on line and they mailed them , it seems like the normal practice they all would send them

Just 6T9 CHGR

Anyone looking to go with the Race Deck tiles they are having a Black Friday sale!

Only $2.99 a sq.ft.!   Killer deal over the other quotes I got of $3.75 & $4.25.

The area Im doing right now is only 4x18 ft (72sq.ft)
With edges & corners its costing $239.20 shipped out the door.

http://www.racedeck.com/blackfriday.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

The70RT

So these would be for a cosmetic look since jack stands and jacks would damage them? I was always wondering about spills and leaks on them when it seeps within the seams  :scratchchin:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on November 27, 2009, 10:59:48 AM
So these would be for a cosmetic look since jack stands and jacks would damage them? I was always wondering about spills and leaks on them when it seeps within the seams  :scratchchin:
mine came with a clear sealer to protect the surface and seams 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Well got my RaceDeck tiles installed in my add on section of my garage.  Snapped them down in under an hour in the small 4 X 18 section I bought.
Nice & heavy duty product (rolled my full loaded 1500 lb+ tool box on them without a hitch...not sure how a jack stand would hold up though)
One day Ill buy the rest of the tiles to do the whole garage.  For now in the spring Ill repaint the floor in the car area.

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Back N Black

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on December 16, 2009, 07:06:47 PM
Well got my RaceDeck tiles installed in my add on section of my garage.  Snapped them down in under an hour in the small 4 X 18 section I bought.
Nice & heavy duty product (rolled my full loaded 1500 lb+ tool box on them without a hitch...not sure how a jack stand would hold up though)
One day Ill buy the rest of the tiles to do the whole garage.  For now in the spring Ill repaint the floor in the car area.

Looks good! are they expensive?

bull

Oooooo! Ahhhhhh! Looks good!

I'm more interested in how you added onto the garage though, esp. the roofline portion.

jb666

Very nice!! I recently added on to the left side of my garage, as well!!

Neal_J

PocketThunder

Ya c'mon, give us some pics of the outside of the garage and the addition.   :drool5:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thanks all....here's a before & "almost" after (new garage door & opener & gutters have been installed since this pic....need to take a new one)
Would have loved to go bigger but still wanted to save some back yard space (40x100 lot)

Quote from: Back N Black on December 16, 2009, 07:56:02 PM

Looks good! are they expensive?

4x18 ft (72sq.ft)
With edges & corners its costing $239.20 shipped out the door using their Black Friday discount
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

PocketThunder

Did you pour a new slab under the Charger?
Did you put a header in along the top of the wall that was removed?  (you had to have put one in i suppose)
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 17, 2009, 09:28:03 AM
Did you put a header in along the top of the wall that was removed?  (you had to have put one in i suppose)
No new slab under the car...existing was done about 14 years ago & in great shape (save for the peeling paint)

Yes a 2x10 plywood sandwiched header was installed so there are no posts needed in the garage
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Heres the completed garage with new door installed & gutters....only thing left is to make up a PVC gate to replace the red wood one temporarily leaning in place
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TUFCAT

Geez, for that kind of money and effort, I would consider an add-on to park two cars.  :scratchchin: 

Nice floor though!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 17, 2009, 07:52:33 PM
Geez, for that kind of money and effort, I would consider an add-on to park two cars.  :scratchchin: 

Nice floor though!
Yeah i would have too but if you read in my above post my 40x100 lot size wouldnt allow me & still have some "back yard" space.....note the close proximity to my neighbors garage.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on December 17, 2009, 04:37:35 PM
No new slab under the car...existing was done about 14 years ago & in great shape (save for the peeling paint)

Yes a 2x10 plywood sandwiched header was installed so there are no posts needed in the garage

So the before picture above was taken before the new concrete went in?  When did the floor grate running the width of the door opening get cut in?  Thats what i was wondering..  I bet its nice to have that to keep water out of the garage. :yesnod:

bull

Crikey! That thing is still dinky. Looks good though. :2thumbs:

jb666

Man you did an awesome job!! I can't believe how nice this came out!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 18, 2009, 09:36:31 AM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on December 17, 2009, 04:37:35 PM

So the before picture above was taken before the new concrete went in?  When did the floor grate running the width of the door opening get cut in?  Thats what i was wondering..  I bet its nice to have that to keep water out of the garage. :yesnod:

Yes I had the front section redone to incorporate the drain....everything pitches to the backyard & I used to get water under the door....no more ;)
The whole drive way needs to be done next....did the sidewalk & curbs earlier this year....only have one lung left :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: jb666 on December 18, 2009, 12:55:22 PM
Man you did an awesome job!! I can't believe how nice this came out!!

Thanks Jeff....I didnt do it though....only wrote the checks :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

kidsixpack

The orange and black looks really cool!   The garage really looks great too!  I went the cheaper route.

KID
69 1/2 Super Bee V2 buckets console 4spd with radio delete.
1987 Grand National Low miles original
1989 TTA Low miles light mods
95 Lightning Light mods
95 Bronco Sport low miles Lifted light mods