News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dukes Trivia

Started by 69DodgeCharger, November 12, 2009, 11:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69DodgeCharger

Which episode/episodes does the General Lee never make an appearance in?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

BigRed66

"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

69DodgeCharger

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 13, 2009, 12:17:30 AM
1- Mary Kaye's Baby.

We have a winner. I should have figured you would know!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on November 13, 2009, 12:22:37 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 13, 2009, 12:17:30 AM
1- Mary Kaye's Baby.

We have a winner. I should have figured you would know!

I've been watching the Dukes since I was 5....of course I'd know ;)

69DodgeCharger

I wonder why though? I don't think Daisy's Roadrunner ever was seen in that episode either?

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on November 13, 2009, 12:26:14 AM
I wonder why though? I don't think Daisy's Roadrunner ever was seen in that episode either?

It was mainly focused on that blue 4 door they ended up blowing up....

skip68

Cody, when you come out I'll take you to meet a person that lives by me that worked on the show for 7 years.    :2thumbs:   You will see behind the scenes pictures and scrips that never aired.    :icon_smile_big:    I did'nt know you were that big of a Dukes fan.   :shruggy:   I'll talk to you in PM's.    Chuck.........

P.S.   You will owe me big time.     ;)     
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: skip68 on November 13, 2009, 01:09:10 AM
Cody, when you come out I'll take you to meet a person that lives by me that worked on the show for 7 years.    :2thumbs:   You will see behind the scenes pictures and scrips that never aired.    :icon_smile_big:    I did'nt know you were that big of a Dukes fan.   :shruggy:   I'll talk to you in PM's.    Chuck.........

P.S.   You will owe me big time.     ;)     

You got a PM :coolgleamA:

viper r/t

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on November 13, 2009, 12:26:14 AM

I think they said it was because of the pregnant chick and trying to get her into the generals windows I believe, and at that time they didnt think the car was that big of a part in the show  :Twocents:

Mike DC

I've heard it was a bit more than that. 

I can't confirm this, but I've heard they may have actually written a couple of GL appearances out of that episode so they could get a little more caught up on repairs.  One episode might have bought them a good 3 weeks of repair time. 

jaak

Thats also the only episode that Rosco, ever shot his pistol at anyone.

Jason

69charger2002

i've also heard along the lines of what Mike said. They didn't realize the show would be an instant hit(the show was only guaranteed a few pilot episodes as a test run on CBS; coupled with the fact that they originally only had a few cars purchased and show ready.. and they ran through them pretty quickly in the first episodes doing stunts. They probably figured it would be no big deal to skip a week without the real star iof that show(obviously not known to be as big of an icon as it would become). On a side note, they must have had plenty of the almost new at the time monaco's and fury's as they slapped one blue and made it the feature car in that show.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Mike DC

(For anyone reading this thread who doesn't know all the obscure DOH background trivia - the Georgia production originally got shipped only 3 General Lees to shoot the first 5 episodes.  Two rollcaged stunt cars and a third uncaged nicer one.  Of course that didn't last long and both of the rollcaged cars were jumped by the end of the first episode.  At the beginning the show's producers had no idea they were gonna rip through cars at the rate they did.) 

Charger440RDN

Remember those episodes in season 2 when Roscoe left the show and Cletus took over? Was that over a money dispute? The show wasn't as funny with Roscoe gone.

Mike DC

Yeah, Jimmy Best was on strike for ill treatment for a while in season #2.

2/3rds of the Dukes cast was on strike at one time or another.  Some of the strikes caused characters to sit out episodes, but other times the strike got resolved behind the scenes before it came to that.   

jar1292

ya how about the time the so called cousins took bo and lukes spot for quite a while. i never did see daisy go anywhere!!!
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

jaak

When Cooter left the show for a while, I read somewhere that it was because he refused to shave off his beard.

Jason

Mike DC

By season#2 Ben Jones didn't really want to play Cooter as an unshaven redneck stereotype.  He wanted to either have a real beard or none at all and the producers bitched at him either way.  So he left until they got more civil about it. 

Like him or hate him, Ben Jones did manage to pull off the only real personal growth of a character in the whole series. The Cooter of season#1 was not the same character as the one in season#6-7.

Charger440RDN

Remember uncle Jesse use to always tell Cooter "I'm not your'e uncle Jesse!!"  :lol:

Cooperman

Apart from the first few shows in Season 1 when the formula was being established, Daisy was the only one of the main character set to have a different outfit for every episode.

Not that I mind of course...  :icon_smile_wink:
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

Ghoste

She was pretty much able to wear anything and make it look good.  :D

moparguy01

Quote from: Ghoste on November 21, 2009, 03:03:52 PM

coulda wore nothing and looked good too. I mean geez you guys, who said that. :D

moparsons

Quote from: moparguy01 on November 21, 2009, 04:02:06 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on November 21, 2009, 03:03:52 PM

coulda wore nothing and looked good too. I mean geez you guys, who said that. :D

I remember when I was a kid, I was at a frined's house and the Dukes was on. His dad (beligerant drunk as usual) says  "I'd drink a gallon of that girl's pee just to see where it came from!" We didn't really get it and just thought it was gross. But looking back, it's kinda funny.