News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chargers in the junkyard 11/14/09

Started by 58pwrwgn, November 15, 2009, 11:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Quote from: aussiemuscle on November 16, 2009, 10:43:05 PM
Quote from: 58pwrwgn on November 15, 2009, 11:59:35 AM
more

Is that a charger next to green (white one)? looks like a flush rear window.

My god you are right...I see a flush window! :o
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger440RDN

GT

1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

71_Charger_R/T

I thought that too, at first but if you look closely at the far side of the glass you can make out the tunnel through the weeds.

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on November 16, 2009, 11:59:55 PM
I thought that too, at first but if you look closely at the far side of the glass you can make out the tunnel through the weeds.

and look how long the trunk lid is compared to the shorty use on the c500's n d-tonas :coolgleamA:

METROID

:puke: I can't see how anyone could ever dump a Charger, Cuda or Challenger and leave it to rot. These cars have always been the best looking cars on the road what compelled someone to stop loving them.  :shruggy:

I'm really fortunate with my car I think the previous owner of my Charger said he found it in the yard or saved it from going to the yard (think he told me he got it for $300 in 1983). He had three 1969 Chargers he really loved but I think he saw the 1968 and couldn't let it get destroyed or parted out.

I'd like to think if I had been born 10 to 20 years earlier I would have saved a lot of these cars. I have not liked a single car since the early 1970's (OK, Only exceptions are the Delorean and new Challenger).

bill440rt

I am shocked that in this day & age, these cars are simply sitting in a junkyard somewhere rotting away with each passing day.
Even IF they're "too far gone to restore", I see PLENTY of usable parts on those cars.
Very, VERY sad indeed.  :-\
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

HemiTom

A local Mopar Club should get together and  try to save a few of those cars before they end up new Hondas. I totaly Agree to what Bill440RT said...Its a total shame!!!

68RT440

Quote from: HemiTom on November 30, 2009, 08:46:06 PM
A local Mopar Club should get together and  try to save a few of those cars before they end up new Hondas. I totaly Agree to what Bill440RT said...Its a total shame!!!

+1, that would be awesome...it would be cool if a handful of mopar clubs got together and purchased the cars, then all had a contest on who could build the best/coolest one...then have them all debut at the Nationals or Carlisle...kind of like biker buildoff but with chargers..lol
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

jerry

a bunch of grown men crying over rusted junk. whats this world coming to? sad sad day. :'(

RD

i want to go there and buy up some shiznit... ROAD TRIP!!! but alas... not sure what i need... RUSS you mineesoTON.. where are ya?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Ghoste

Crying over "rusted junk" is a helluva lot more interesting to me than why Tiger Woods crashed his SUV.  :2thumbs:

MoparManJim

And the next time some one says the Dukes killed alot of chargers, they can look at this thread and then see that alot of charger that someone could have fix up before and saved left it set in the junkyard to go to waste  :shruggy:. Just think at how many yards over the country side has/had chargers like this that went to the crasher. And yet they talk about one show killing what 200 and something  :smilielol: . I bet if you count all the juckyards that has 2nd gen chargers in them that no one cares about, the number will probably past the Dukes number of cars easy.

Charger440RDN

Quote from: jerry on November 30, 2009, 10:51:09 PM
a bunch of grown men crying over rusted junk. whats this world coming to? sad sad day. :'(

I think it will be a sad day when people DON'T mourn the loss of these old mopars when they see them in a junkyard rusting away. That will mean that nobody cares about old cars anymore.  :rotz:
I hope that future generations do cry over this rusted junk, for the survival of the hobby. I hope that there will always be passion in people to restore these old mopars.

RCKSTR

Quote from: jerry on November 30, 2009, 10:51:09 PM

:horse: :horse:

TruckDriver

My 10 & 15yo don't think there rusted junk. Even at their ages, they wish someone could restore all the old muscle cars in the junk yards.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P