News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FINE LINES is Fine Junk

Started by vancamp, November 11, 2009, 06:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vancamp

just a heads up on the parts i recieved from fine lines i ordered  3/8 fuel line and took the old off installed the new new piece was so far off i called fine lines they said tweek it or send it back (on my dime) and they would check it against one of their originals the guy on the phone suggested i try tweaking it into fitting well i physically got it to hook up but looks like S*%t. it is fine from the front till you get back to the rear wheels from there on it it is completely fubared.

Rolling_Thunder

I ordered their brake line kit and it was spot on...        hmmm

I have also ordered a custom 1/2 stainless fuel line from them and it too was perfect...   

Maybe there was just a snafu with bending ?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Hemidoug

I've used them as well...a little bending sometimes but nothing major. Could be you got the wrong line...maybe labled wrong?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Back N Black

Same here, used their fuel lines and brake lines no problems.

whitehatspecial

Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

bakerhillpins

I think the basic issue is that the company is assuming that you made the error by charging you for return shipping so that they can determine the problem. From my point of view as a customer and from the business perspective I don't understand these policies as all it ever does is ends up pissing off one guy who passes that frustration through a community. Which usually results in lost business worth more than the return shipping.

It would seem to me that there are 2 solutions to this issue from a business perspective.
1 - better "tech" support. They could have pulled another line from stock, checked against their "original copy" and even sat with you on the phone to measure out each segment of the line to verify it. All of this could have been done without return shipping.

2 - take the return back on their dime with the understanding that if it was the customers mistake then shipping would be back charged to the individuals card.

Sorry your experience sucked, hopefully it sucks more for the business and they try to correct their policies.

YMMV

Bryan
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bill440rt

I have Fine Lines products on all my cars, never had a problem.
Their staff have always been extremely helpful. They even modified my rear axle brake line to clear my sway bar to fit, at no charge.

Bakerhillpins has some good suggestions. Perhaps present these to Fine Lines and see if they're willing to accommodate?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

b5blue

I had trouble with "Right Stuff" fuel lines for my six pack, had to chop them up and use the chunks.  :eek2:

tan top

used fine lines also , no problems , only  minor tweaking :yesnod: ,  great products  :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

six-tee-nine

Not that I ever used their products before.....but i've looked at their website and i must say that it would'nt be hard to order the wrong parts without calling or mailing them since i don't think their site is really clear.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

bull

Customer service usually is pretty good until something goes wrong and then the true colors come out. While I can respect the fact that most people have had a good experience with them I think it's wrong of them to charge you return shipping unless they planned on reimbursing you and paying for shipping the correct part if it was determined to be their fault.

vancamp

Quote from: bull on November 12, 2009, 05:01:42 PM
Customer service usually is pretty good until something goes wrong and then the true colors come out. While I can respect the fact that most people have had a good experience with them I think it's wrong of them to charge you return shipping unless they planned on reimbursing you and paying for shipping the correct part if it was determined to be their fault.
kinda the point i was trying to make. i know mistakes happen and aftermarket parts dont fit like originals but at least get it in the ball park of fitting.